Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it says driver, but the car is mine and on my account
I am the owner of 2 cars on my tesla account.
In tessie the other one says I'm the owner and this one says i'm the driver
If it says Owner, then it means your Tesla account owns the car.

If it says Driver, then it means your Tesla account doesn't own the car, and your Tesla account is marked as an "Additional Driver".

So in your case, it sounds a lot like one account owns one car and another account owns another car.

To enable Direct Telemetry on the other car, you would need to switch accounts under Settings > Connectivity and then enable it on that car. You could switch back after if you wanted, but the owner needs to enable it.

Don't take it the wrong way but I'm not stupid and both cars are definitely mine and on the same account (mine of course) !

There is a problem with your app
The info window shows data directly from Tesla.com account data with no modification, so either:

A: The account data says that the "access" level is "driver".

B: I coded the app to display true data for everyone except for this one random dude from France, and only for one of his two cars, to fabricate that the "access" level is "driver".

Which do you think is more likely?

Last edited:
The most likely is that there is a bug and I am the first one to report it ...

And you know what, it seems it was the case because I reopened the tessie app, and now it shows I am the owner of the car

And no, I didn't change anything on tessie or my tesla account

The info window shows data directly from Tesla.com account data with no modification, so either:

A: The account data says that the "access" level is "driver".

B: I coded the app to display true data for everyone except for this one random dude from France, and only for one of his two cars, to fabricate that the "access" level is "driver".

Which do you think is more likely?

Unless @James@Tessie has any more info, that should be all you need. Does it give an error when you try to use direct telemetry?
No errors. I did write to James. He said:

"Tesla warned us that this wouldn't work on "some" older Model S/X so I'm thinking yours is one of the models it's disabled on. I can see the vehicle is configured correctly but it's not sending any data. I'm thinking it might be blocked on Model S/X before the 2021 refresh."

Just wondering if you should disable the Tesla phone key if you're using the Tessie one - or if you should leave both keys connected at the same time?
And what if you have a watch one as well?
Some Android phones don't do well with multiple Phone Key connections due to Bluetooth hardware issues, but other than that it's just personal preference and up to you - I leave all 3 connected.

Reactions: divstar