Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just placed a order for the model y on May 29th. Today I looked at my app and I have a vin assigned with a delivery date of June 13-17. Does this mean someone reject this one? I’m fully expecting this date to get pushed back.

I don't think so. Usually a 2 week delivery time means it's getting transported. What's your VIN group? Mine's F448. I placed my order on the 6th and got a VIN in like 16 days or something. I think Cleveland is just blessed to have a very short order queue. I was reading on the facebook group that even MYLR orders were getting fulfilled fairly quick.

Reactions: ForestGump
I don't think so. Usually a 2 week delivery time means it's getting transported. What's your VIN group? Mine's F448. I placed my order on the 6th and got a VIN in like 16 days or something. I think Cleveland is just blessed to have a very short order queue. I was reading on the facebook group that even MYLR orders were getting fulfilled fairly quick.
Mmmmmmmm, placed my order for MYP mid March only got vin 442 10 days ago. Yours does sound unnaturally quick, they even have a delivery delay on mine they missed the first one. Also vehicles built around this time seem to have Charger Port ECU missing. I would only pay by bankers check when you physically go and collect the car. That's us your protection.

Mmmmmmmm, placed my order for MYP mid March only got vin 442 10 days ago. Yours does sound unnaturally quick, they even have a delivery delay on mine they missed the first one. Also vehicles built around this time seem to have Charger Port ECU missing. I would only pay by bankers check when you physically go and collect the car. That's us your protection.
I hearing about people having to pay for their car while it is still setting at the sc waiting for parts. How can this happen?

Yeah I was counting at least 3-4 people in May on the NEO FB group that said they received their VINs within a few weeks tops. With at least one of them being an MYLR. I imagine there's more, but it's a pretty small group.

It does seem that it's mostly orders for Q2 that are getting fulfilled unnaturally quick.

Yeah I was counting at least 3-4 people in May on the NEO FB group that said they received their VINs within a few weeks tops. With at least one of them being an MYLR. I imagine there's more, but it's a pretty small group.

It does seem that it's mostly orders for Q2 that are getting fulfilled unnaturally quick.
Down here in SW there hasn’t been any such love. Ordered in March for “April” delivery. Lies.

Transports damage to wheels and paint. Gaps look like they have been better lately. Missing USB data ports in center consul. Paint chips during transport. One wonderful bone that must have been one off different vtures on each side of the car. Loose and misfitting trim. My view is it's a new car and won't accept resprayed panels. Other than that most stuff can be sorted if the parts are available. My guess is that about 5% issues from this site I get the feeling that very few get turned down and vin returned. Lyndhurst vseems to have a good reputation and recent post on Reddit etc say that vin 442 seems to be solid. It's pot luck really.