Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ordered a vehicle on or before July 11, 2018, cancelled the order on or after July 11, 2018, and now wish to reorder the vehicle, the vehicle you originally ordered will qualify for an incentive as long as it is delivered, registered and plated in your name by January 3, 2019. You must submit your EHVIP application no more than 90 days from the date the vehicle was delivered, registered and plated in your name in Ontario, and meet all other program requirements."

This is from the MTO tweet but there is a report only a few will qualified

I would assume it must be from a list of name that government has

If you ordered a vehicle on or before July 11, 2018, cancelled the order on or after July 11, 2018, and now wish to reorder the vehicle, the vehicle you originally ordered will qualify for an incentive as long as it is delivered, registered and plated in your name by January 3, 2019. You must submit your EHVIP application no more than 90 days from the date the vehicle was delivered, registered and plated in your name in Ontario, and meet all other program requirements."

What report? That tweet is blanket coverage.

Yes, it is a blanket coverage. This is for anyone who ordered the vehicle on or prior to July 11, then cancelled after July 11. I guess you can attach your original order agreement dated before July 11 with the application to prove that you're eligible.

Where is the tweet? I don't see it on @ONTransport.

• Informative
Reactions: champion1955
Also, got a response from [email protected]

Thank you for your inquiry. If you ordered a vehicle on or before July 11, 2018, cancelled the order on or after July 11, 2018, and now wish to reorder the vehicle, the vehicle you originally ordered will qualify for an incentive as long as it is delivered, registered and plated in your name by January 3, 2019 and it was on the list provided to the Ministry of Transportation by Tesla Canada on September 6, 2018. If your vehicle is not on this list, it is not eligible.

You must submit your EHVIP application no more than 90 days from the date the vehicle was delivered, registered and plated in your name in Ontario, and meet all other program requirements.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Jackie
EHVIP Team

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
If you DM the MTO on Twitter asking the same question they will DM you back the same canned response.

Mine was from a source in Freemont. So yet again, it was Tesla to the rescue. Tesla is like a gift that keeps on giving.

I presumed people knew how to use twitter if they wanted to see for themselves. :)

It's great to get this confirmed for those who have been wary of proceeding.

It also m
I wonder if there are any people that ordered before July 11, DIDNT cancel, and missed the Sep 10 delivery deadline, that are now screwed

Agree 100%.

I think what they were saying to those people is "You know you won't get the rebate after Sep 10, and you could cancel and get a full refund. If you re-order you may get the rebate". The fact that you didn't cancel and took delivery meant that you didn't need the rebate".

The problem now is "There is a reports that the scope may be limited".

Having a MTO tweet will settle any worries that MTO didn't know anything.

Hindsight is of course 20/20. When they announced we won't get the rebates, I just cancelled, too much a risk to wait. 5 weeks is better than 1 week (back in Sep, when we only have less than a week to get the M3).

Also, got a response from [email protected]

Thank you for your inquiry. If you ordered a vehicle on or before July 11, 2018, cancelled the order on or after July 11, 2018, and now wish to reorder the vehicle, the vehicle you originally ordered will qualify for an incentive as long as it is delivered, registered and plated in your name by January 3, 2019 and it was on the list provided to the Ministry of Transportation by Tesla Canada on September 6, 2018. If your vehicle is not on this list, it is not eligible.

That may be the limited in scope my DA is talking about...

You must submit your EHVIP application no more than 90 days from the date the vehicle was delivered, registered and plated in your name in Ontario, and meet all other program requirements.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Jackie
EHVIP Team

>>it was on the list provided to the Ministry of Transportation by Tesla Canada on September 6, 2018. If your vehicle is not on this list, it is not eligible. <<

Wow, something new!

The Vehicle (or does it mean you are on the list) must be in the list provided by Tesla on Sep 6, 2018? SO it may mean that the vehicle must come from inventory.... or your name is on the list.

I also got confirmation that I'm eligible.