Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question is how many EV did Ontario get? or a better question is how many Tesla Model 3 orders does Ontario has?

Remember, we have $140 million funding; We only have around 6500 ish spots left. Someone was talking about 3000 cars shipped in May/June for Ontario.

I think with the floodgate open on June 27, the funding is gone. Therefore, no more money there after June 29....

PC doesn't even have to do anything.
PC might want to kill it anyways just for the optics.

As for cap and trade, I think Ford realises that it won't be easy to opt out of carbon pricing but is killing cap and trade again for the optics. He can kill cap and trade and have the feds implement a carbon tax, which in my opinion is a better system not subject to government allocation of credits. After the feds force a carbon tax he can still claim victory just for optics.

Last edited:
That's good to hear as I don't really see that many in the road. On second thought, those are Model S and X. :)

Ford will find out it is not that easy to get out from Cap and Trade program.
Come to Kitchener/Waterloo...

I drive city bus here and so far since picking up my Model 3 on May 24th.. i have consistently seen at least 3 to 4 Model 3's driving around every shift (only 1 day so far that i didnt see any).

The odds of me seeing a Model 3 driving at the exact same time im driving my route should be pretty low.. therefore.. there are a *sugar* tonne of Model 3's here :D

• Disagree
Reactions: ardee58

I drive city bus here and so far since picking up my Model 3 on May 24th.. i have consistently seen at least 3 to 4 Model 3's driving around every shift (only 1 day so far that i didnt see any).

The odds of me seeing a Model 3 driving at the exact same time im driving my route should be pretty low.. therefore.. there are a *sugar* tonne of Model 3's here :D
I've seen one of each colour except for blue here in Waterloo.

Love Waterloo :)

Nice U of W campus where all the bright kids are. again :)

I don’t have mine yet, but I’ve also seen quite a few here compared to other cities.

Reactions: McFlurri
Will be interesting to see how many people order Model 3's thinking they will get a rebate in Ontario when Tesla opens up ordering to anyone later this week. Not sure how the page will show up but if it's still factoring in a rebate that might be a bad call.

Another reason why FordNation provides an update last Monday saying the line on the sand is June 29, 2018, even before the summer seating on Wednesday.

Nobody can complain they were under the assumption they will get the rebate.

Reactions: adaptabl
Another reason why FordNation provides an update last Monday saying the line on the sand is June 29, 2018, even before the summer seating on Wednesday.

Nobody can complain they were under the assumption they will get the rebate.

Perhaps not, though I was thinking Ford's update wasn't communicated through regular media all that well or clearly so not many may realize it given the EHVIP site still shows there's a rebate. So for anyone visiting that site and not aware of the June 29 date being a potential issue, you'd think a number would order. They never really said June 29 was the last day specifically. All I heard was "as of June 29" you are good. Kind of gives them wiggle room and that wording may have been intentional for all we know. I took it to mean orders up to June 29 inclusive would qualify provided they plated their vehicle before the actual end of the program, tba. But there's nothing to say that a formal "winding-down" statement might happen and in a context similar to the ending of Green-On where specific dates are included. They really need to get this cleaned up as one of their issues this week. It will be a big litmus test for the party as to what comes out of the summer session (or not).

Reactions: jkirkwood001
For TMC patrons and M3 enthusiasts it may not be an issue but for the average consumer I think as things sit right now, it would be easy to be duped into thinking the rebate is available when it may not be.

When the GreenON program was cancelled, their website reflected that immediately. If June 29 really was a line in the sand, the EHVIP website should have been updated accordingly but it's had no changes since March.

As a consumer, if Tesla is using the rebate in its calculations and the EHVIP site is active with no information about the program ending, you'd think a rebate would be available and proceed with an order, which according to Electrek I think later today will be allowed for anyone.

For TMC patrons and M3 enthusiasts it may not be an issue but for the average consumer I think as things sit right now, it would be easy to be duped into thinking the rebate is available when it may not be.

When the GreenON program was cancelled, their website reflected that immediately. If June 29 really was a line in the sand, the EHVIP website should have been updated accordingly but it's had no changes since March.

As a consumer, if Tesla is using the rebate in its calculations and the EHVIP site is active with no information about the program ending, you'd think a rebate would be available and proceed with an order, which according to Electrek I think later today will be allowed for anyone.
Yes, Tesla opening up orders to anyone later today will create a tidal wave of orders and perhaps a lot more confusion in regards to rebate eligibility.

The keyword is "can be cancelled any time".

PC made an announcement. It is up to individual to find out the announcement, it is all over the airwave. As for Tesla, they also mentioned that the incentive can be cancelled anytime. We pay the full price, we are the one that are holding the bag.

I don't think the argument "I don't know and Tesla should remove that incentive calculation" will work.

Reactions: adaptabl