Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because the same information is all over the internet, doesn't make it right. Take for example all the recent chatter about low carb diets shortening lifespan. Completely false yet highly propagated.

Human behavior being what it is, we tend to develop biases and a desire to support our own views and choices. I try to stay aware of all sides of a topic, parsing out the truth to the best of my abilities. I'm very much aware of confirmation bias and try to not be affected. To think I'm the one drinking the cool-aid shows your lack of understanding. I was probably the first person to cancel my M3 order.

You are engaged in the rationalization of your decisions. Sorry the world's not perfect for you.

And extremely condescending to boot

I’m not rationalizing any decision, I chose to no longer purchase the Tesla at $65,100 but find the policies they have in place to refund ridiculous. I strongly disagree (and know 90% of the general population would as well) that Tesla is “being a good guy” in offereind any refund at all. The incentive was canceled, not their fault, give any customer affected a refund in timely manner and call it a day. But to say your policy is refunds take 60 days when withdrawals take 60 seconds is a joke.

I’m well aware of the truth, but truth is that Tesla’s cars are awesome but their business practices are poor and they are struggling to operate as a big business vs a niche supplier. Lots of people have had great ideas but can’t execute them, Tesla has made it further then any other company has but they are struggling big time at this stage.

I think some macro perspective is in need here Abrews.

You're comparing a new business model with mass roll out of a high demand product (Model 3) to a 100+ year old established company with experienced staff (Ford). Of course the old guard will have the delivery experience maximized... they sell how many Ford Fusion Energi cars in a month? Five?

Tesla just unloaded thousands within two weeks back in June. It is what it is - quality vs quantity. When orders do match supply and Tesla's staff aren't overloaded with phone calls every minute of the day. The delivery experience will improve.

Was my delivery experience glitzy like some of the more famous YouTubers? - No. Did I care? No, because I was getting a fabulous car that aligns to my values.

At the end of the day, do what makes you happy. Complaining about X and Ys customer service will help them improve, but you have to let them know - not just a forum of "kool aid" drinkers.

Sense of entitlement isn't just for the millenials it seems. In other news, this ignore functionality is great!

We ordered first week of July. So excited! In the reply email it's now week of September 4th. Couple of more weeks to go!!!! Hope everyone gets an email or call soon too.

Red Multi-Coat, 18” Aero Wheels, Enhanced Autopilot, Premium Black Interior, Rear-Wheel Drive, Long Range Battery

Wow I have the same config but still not getting any contact yet ! Congratulations anyway ...

They will likely be in touch soon. From what I'm reading it looks like they are getting a huge amount of cars into Toronto. Hoping you get yours soon
I would suggest that when you get it you check the hood, front/rear lights, etc to make sure they’re properly aligned. Also, the paint. We’ve had to send ours back in to fix these things and they’re talked about on many forums. Still LOVE the car though

Reactions: haromaem
The other common misconception I’ve seen posted here is that Tesla shipped many Model 3’s in May/June to Canada to try and help Canadians before the election.

That is blatantly false, they were trying to avoid hitting the 200,000 mark in the USA which would trigger the end of the incentive there. This has been stated various times on this site and others including electrek.

They weren’t doing us a favor, they were trying to game the system so they could sell more cars at a reduced price and increased profit for them. I don’t blame them at all for doing that, it’s part of business and if a system is setup a certain way you are within your right to maximize your benefits.

But don’t act like they were sending cars to Canada out of the goodness in their hearts to battle that Evil Doug Ford
No. Just Ontario.