Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more while I'm a little off-topic:

upload_2018-8-30_13-19-4.png

Are we 100% sure that's what's happening? Or do dislike the man so much all the bad things just have to be true and all the good is a lie? Could there be a reason why Rob made his 2 brothers the executors of his estate rather than his wife? Does Ranata Ford, his widdow have her own issues?

Of course. Regardless though, she has no money and she somehow no longer has any shares or compensation for shares in the family company. It may be that those shares are practically worthless, and she's better off without them, but there's only one way to find out! She thinks she's getting ripped off at any rate.

The thing for me is the kids -- that house was refinanced a couple times to the point where she no longer has equity in it. In addition it's now being sold or was recently sold. So that's what gets me -- how is it that Randy and Doug both have nice houses and a family business, yet their nephews/nieces are 1 small step from being on the street? Something not right there. Could be she's just a crackhead/alcoholic, or could be much more.

Last edited:
Okay, sorry for posting the DJ Cantor video. I didn't mean to shift the conversation towards Ford's family politics. We all want to be out of limbo, these past few months have caused me more anxiety and stress than I'm comfortable with.

Of course, she's a crackhead as well, that's well documented. Regardless though, she has no money and she somehow no longer has any shares or compensation for shares in the family company. It may be that those shares are practically worthless, and she's better off without them, but there's only one way to find out! She thinks she's getting ripped off at any rate.

The thing for me is the kids -- that house was refinanced a couple times to the point where she no longer has equity in it. In addition it's now being sold or was recently sold. So that's what gets me -- how is it that Randy and Doug both have nice houses and a family business, yet their nephews/nieces are 1 small step from being on the street. Something not right there. Could be she's just a crackhead/alcoholic, or could be much more.
Exactly it's uncertain. No one really knows except the parties involved and they will tell their story with their own slant.

Rob believed his brother's to be better caretakers of the estate than his wife. I know that in my will my kids will not see any money until they reach a certain age. We don't know how his will and estate is structured. To tar the man personally based upon rumor from a partisan party which might not be reliable because you disagree with him politically might be unfair to say the least. But hey you're writing this on a Tesla forums about rebates, not the Toronto Star.

For those that have gotten their VINs, please try to find out when your car was shipped from the factory. Mine was shipped Monday Aug 27th, once it arrives we will be able to gauge how long the process is. I think this might be useful information for folks who have yet to receive their VINs.

Reactions: Iggy663
Here is my Situation,

-Ordered June 30th
-Called in to cancel Aug 8
-Received email from DA on Aug 20th about sept 15 delivery
-Emailed back to cancel on Aug 21. - DA said he'll process the cancellation and will see money back in 3 months.
-Found out about Tesla winning the lawsuit and though I might still have a shot.
-Left VM to the DA on Aug 28 about reversing the cancellation
-Received call back from another DA on Aug 29 asking about the situation and was told they had some restructuring in the organizing and she's my New DA.
-Received an update from the NEW DA that my cancellation was on "hold"/"pause" and my vehicle is has been shipped and will be arriving at Lawrence on Sept 3 and can be picked up Sept 6!

Now if MTO can give an update if Model 3 is eligible for rebate and I can go ahead and submit my paperwork.

It has been a emotional roller coaster ride for me as this will be my first ever car.

Will they still allow you to cancel after the vehicle has already been delivered?

I would think not. Taking delivery before clarification is issued is the big gamble, but I feel that waiting for the province to communicate is even more stressful, since they could say "ok, we're cancelling the program today, but all Teslas delivered between July 11 and today are eligible."

Worst case scenario: I buy the car, have it for a few weeks, and then am forced to sell it at a modest loss. I have to think that there are people out there who would be willing to hurdle the line to get a Tesla if that's what has to happen.

Here is my Situation,

-Ordered June 30th
-Received email from DA on Aug 20th about sept 15 delivery
-Emailed back to cancel on Aug 21. - DA said he'll process the cancellation and will see money back in 3 months.
-Found out about Tesla winning the lawsuit and though I might still have a shot.
-Left VM to the DA on Aug 28 about reversing the cancellation
-Received call back from another DA on Aug 29 asking about the situation and was told they had some restructuring in the organizing and she's my New DA.
-Received an update from the NEW DA that my cancellation was on "hold"/"pause" and my vehicle is has been shipped and will be arriving at Lawrence on Sept 3 and can be picked up Sept 6!

Now if MTO can give an update if Model 3 is eligible for rebate and I can go ahead and submit my paperwork.

It has been a emotional roller coaster ride for me as this will be my first ever car.

All the best

Here is my Situation,

-Ordered June 30th
-Received email from DA on Aug 20th about sept 15 delivery.........
-Received an update from the NEW DA that my cancellation was on "hold"/"pause" and my vehicle is has been shipped and will be arriving at Lawrence on Sept 3 and can be picked up Sept 6
@sukh,

The Gods have looked down on you and said "Give im his Tesla 3!"
Thx also to the Ontario Court of Appeal and Tesla Inc for making your YEAR!

Congrats and Drive the wheels off your Tesla!

P.S. that's one helluva great 1st post to TM3

Tesla has a serious issue with their order system. I’ve seen a number of customers myself included on this forum that have placed orders weeks before others in the Toronto area. Customers with the exact same configuration living in the same area(delivery area) are gett8ng their orders built out of order. This could potentially cost us the 14,000 rebate. No one at Tesla customer service has any answers to my questions about the order of customer builds. I have given up calling them anymore my blood pressure can’t handle it. 12 weeks after their 4-8 week promised window without a word from them or a VIN. Ordered June 9th. LR Rwd aero wheels black EAP.

I would think not. Taking delivery before clarification is issued is the big gamble, but I feel that waiting for the province to communicate is even more stressful, since they could say "ok, we're cancelling the program today, but all Teslas delivered between July 11 and today are eligible."

Worst case scenario: I buy the car, have it for a few weeks, and then am forced to sell it at a modest loss. I have to think that there are people out there who would be willing to hurdle the line to get a Tesla if that's what has to happen.
I won't pretend to know your driving situation at home and I seriously hope everyone who can does get the rebate, but I think most should consider getting the car either way. We are a 2 car family with 3 kids, in 3 months I have put close to 8000km on the 3 and almost no gas in our van. We use the car as the preferred daily driver and are really seeing the savings, I figure every 1000 km is $100 in my pocket. I'm not fooling myself ,I know it will never pay for the car but I am driving a very nice vehicle at an affordable price . Losing the rebate when it is so close is definitely a kick in the teeth but doesn't have to be a deal breaker. I also talked to someone the other day who said he is getting $200 a rental on turo, I don't think I would enjoy watching my car drive away with a stranger but it is an option .

Tesla has a serious issue with their order system. I’ve seen a number of customers myself included on this forum that have placed orders weeks before others in the Toronto area. Customers with the exact same configuration living in the same area(delivery area) are gett8ng their orders built out of order. This could potentially cost us the 14,000 rebate. No one at Tesla customer service has any answers to my questions about the order of customer builds. I have given up calling them anymore my blood pressure can’t handle it. 12 weeks after their 4-8 week promised window without a word from them or a VIN. Ordered June 9th. LR Rwd aero wheels black EAP.

I agree - reservation 2 years ago - configured June 11 (black, RWD, long range etc). No changes to my order. Still sitting on Aug-October delivery with no VIN yet people who reserved in April and configured in late June are getting delivery dates. Numerous calls to Tesla have gone nowhere - typical answer is sorry can’t help you - need to wait.

There we have it...MTO has updated the site!!!!
  • Eligible vehicles were delivered, registered, and plated on or before July 11th; or,
  • Eligible vehicles were on dealer lots in Ontario, or on order by dealers or by customers directly from manufacturers on or before July 11th, and delivered to customers, registered and plated on or before September 10, 2018. These vehicles must be on the ministry approved order list from dealers and manufacturers.
  • Applications must be submitted within 90 days of vehicle registration, plating and delivery.