Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would someone who has picked up their car mind sending me a redacted copy of their sales agreement? is it the same as the order agreement on the portal?

Here you go my friend. Page 1 Order Agreement.jpg

Attachments

• orderagreement_RNTMC.pdf
    76.9 KB · Views: 60
New shipment in Oakville

Plus there is probably another 15 on the lot.

They look like just LR but not sure.

They are all LR. I was there this morning, and they had something like 24 of them. More than half were red, a load of black, maybe 2 silver and 4-5 white, only 1 blue. Pretty much every one was a build date of 8/18 so they are fresh :)

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
I'm so happy for you guys.

Hopefully all of you that didn't cancel will get this before Sep 10.

Kind of kicking myself for cancelling the order, but got the refund last week and have since make peace with it. It's just one of those things. Have cash for it, but my paid off ICE is still nice for now.

I heard that the insurance is pretty high with Model 3, wondering anybody can shine any light on it.

Again, Congrat to those new Tesla Owners, you deserve it....

Hi everyone, (apologies if I'm reiterating other points made in this very big thread)

I just got off the phone with the Ontario Ministry of Finance (administers the funding for the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle and Charging Incentive Programs). I asked if there was going to be any recourse for Tesla customers who ordered before Jul 11 but subsequently cancelled their order because it was clear there was no chance of qualifying for the rebate. Now that Tesla Canada won their court ruling and the Ministry has allowed Tesla Customers to apply for the rebate there is clearly no recourse for those who cancelled. Hind sight is 20/20 I guess.

The person on the phone at the Ministry of Finance simply read a prepared statement (which was the same as the Aug 31 update on the Min of Trans. site). When I asked if the person felt this was fair they simply read it again but offered to take my contact info and have someone call me back. Will have to wait and see if anyone reaches out.

I also spoke with Tesla Friday to see if there was any chance they could "cancel" my cancellation request - missed it by 1 day! They suggested that I join a Tesla Owners Club and try and find those who cancelled but would still place an order if the rebate were made available to them.

Meanwhile I Tweeted to Elon to ask for help Paul Mason on Twitter with the hashtag #SaveOntarioTeslaCustomers. This is not something I do (Tweet) but you never know... If you are frustrated and can sympathize with my plight then retweet above and band together. Maybe we can gain some traction.

Tesla2.jpg

For the record...
I'm not rich (Lord knows this money could go to other things),
I don't hate the government (we could be so much worse off),
I love trying to find a way to truly live sustainably (like a solar Powerwall charger).

Thanks,
Spaceman
(desperately seeking a Model 3)

Hi everyone, (apologies if I'm reiterating other points made in this very big thread)

I just got off the phone with the Ontario Ministry of Finance (administers the funding for the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle and Charging Incentive Programs). I asked if there was going to be any recourse for Tesla customers who ordered before Jul 11 but subsequently cancelled their order because it was clear there was no chance of qualifying for the rebate. Now that Tesla Canada won their court ruling and the Ministry has allowed Tesla Customers to apply for the rebate there is clearly no recourse for those who cancelled. Hind sight is 20/20 I guess.

The person on the phone at the Ministry of Finance simply read a prepared statement (which was the same as the Aug 31 update on the Min of Trans. site). When I asked if the person felt this was fair they simply read it again but offered to take my contact info and have someone call me back. Will have to wait and see if anyone reaches out.

I also spoke with Tesla Friday to see if there was any chance they could "cancel" my cancellation request - missed it by 1 day! They suggested that I join a Tesla Owners Club and try and find those who cancelled but would still place an order if the rebate were made available to them.

Meanwhile I Tweeted to Elon to ask for help Paul Mason on Twitter with the hashtag #SaveOntarioTeslaCustomers. This is not something I do (Tweet) but you never know... If you are frustrated and can sympathize with my plight then retweet above and band together. Maybe we can gain some traction.

View attachment 331876

For the record...
I'm not rich (Lord knows this money could go to other things),
I don't hate the government (we could be so much worse off),
I love trying to find a way to truly live sustainably (like a solar Powerwall charger).

Thanks,
Spaceman
(desperately seeking a Model 3)

I sincerely hope that Tesla is able to work something out behind the scenes for those that cancelled their RWD orders after July 11. However, the tweet you linked to is for someone that cancelled an AWD order which was never eligible for the rebate. This seems like a different argument.

I sincerely hope that Tesla is able to work something out behind the scenes for those that cancelled their RWD orders after July 11. However, the tweet you linked to is for someone that cancelled an AWD order which was never eligible for the rebate. This seems like a different argument.

You are right. Thanks... In my hypothetical world I would order a RWD if I could get the rebate... Either way... I think I'm screwed.

I'm so happy for you guys.

Hopefully all of you that didn't cancel will get this before Sep 10.

Kind of kicking myself for cancelling the order, but got the refund last week and have since make peace with it. It's just one of those things. Have cash for it, but my paid off ICE is still nice for now.

I heard that the insurance is pretty high with Model 3, wondering anybody can shine any light on it.

Again, Congrat to those new Tesla Owners, you deserve it....

My insurance went up by about $10 a month. The Tesla is worth at least 4x the car I got rid of. I believe you get a green discount on insurance. Pretty sweet overall.

Okay so I am one of those that cancelled my RWD order. After learning about the court ruling, I decided to place a new order. Luckily, I got a call today that my vehicle is ready. I hope with my initial order (placed before July 11) and my new order placed recently, I hope I would still qualify if I get the car by Sept 10th.

Although the reservation number will be different. Im taking my chances here.

can someone send a final bill of sale? Curious what it looks like.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Okay so I am one of those that cancelled my RWD order. After learning about the court ruling, I decided to place a new order. Luckily, I got a call today that my vehicle is ready. I hope with my initial order (placed before July 11) and my new order placed recently, I hope I would still qualify if I get the car by Sept 10th.

Although the reservation number will be different. Im taking my chances here.

can someone send a final bill of sale? Curious what it looks like.

Wow, this must be some sort of delivery time record for a Canadian order! I hope something can be done regarding your new order date... as it stands, I don't think you technically qualify for the rebate as per the winding down terms..

Reactions: adaptabl
So I stopped by Oakville again on the way home, and they got another truckload since the morning. I counted 38 RWD model 3s on the lot....I couldn't even park, had to go to the side of the laneway!

Also, I did see one MSM with EAP and 19" wheels that had 'no delivery' and 'inventory' written on the tag hanging from the mirror o_Oo_Oo_O

I inquired about it since it looked like a spare car tesla sent up, but was told all cars are accounted for. The sales guy looked confused though, and thought maybe a problem was found and the car was slated for service and would get a delivery date afterwards, but that still seems odd to me...

However....I asked if someone did walk up and buy it now (assuming it was available) would they get the rebate, and he said probably not since the order came after July 11th :( but I still thought it was worth mentioning....

Another fun fact: I made mention of the guy who was trying to sell his model 3 reservation/order here for the 'small fee' of $6,000. He actually was reading the thread on this, and he confirmed that someone changing the account over at this late stage in the game would set off red flags at tesla, and they expressly say you can't transfer to someone who isn't a family member....or sell your membership for a profit.

I actually was exchanging some emails with our 'friend' using a fake Gmail account, and offered him 4k with the intention of making him drive to meet me somewhere far, and then not show up:rolleyes:

Initially he responded but then went silent, so I guess he got a better offer. I feel bad for the person who paid 6k extra for a car that he won't get a rebate for. Hopefully the tesla rep doesn't let them transfer it. Buyer beware....

This should go out as a notice to all tesla reps in southern Ontario: if someone comes in trying to transfer a black RWD to a 'cousin' don't let them do it! Stick the original owner with the decision to cancel it, or pay for a second car ;)

Maybe the model 3 owners president should try and get that message out. The sales rep was very clear: selling a reservation like that is not allowed and they should prevent this from going through .