Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my read too although maybe not too surprising given the time constraints. There's probably not enough time to both make and deliver a newly configured car to Canada. Remember that Tesla is also trying to fulfill all the US orders that still qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit by year end.

Yes, but those US cars aren't LR RWD. I'd say the US incentive is another reason why Tesla will be selling Ontario cars purely from inventory. Whenever a company discontinues a product line they've always lots of straggler inventory they usually dump somewhere (off price market, dollar stores, Africa), and Tesla will not be any exception to this.

I think they word it like that to show it's coming from inventory...

However, it really doesn't take them anytime to put a long range battery pack in it instead of the mid range battery. My take is if they're okay with the deal to have it delivered by Dec 30, they can for sure do it. I don't think the number is huge anyway, less than 100.

Order no later than Nov 30...

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl
Tesla said it had 600 active customer orders when the government ended the program in July. At the time, the company had 34 unallocated vehicles on its lots plus 319 in transit on trains and trucks. The company said 175 customers had cancelled their orders since the program ended.

Ordered a LR RWD Model 3 today as those who cancelled are now allowed to re-order and receive the 14k rebate. (can't order anything else)

Now to see if there are any R3's left around. If not, will have to settle for X-Ice I guess.
Got the call and email as well! Fantastic news!

Additionally, I was told that I would be able to order the white interior (which I did) indicating that these are not from inventory...of course sales guy might just not know any better. Tesla is a fantastic company for many reasons - but communication has not been their strongest suit.

Fingers crossed we all get the cars in time. That would make one helluva Christmas present!

Yes, but those US cars aren't LR RWD. I'd say the US incentive is another reason why Tesla will be selling Ontario cars purely from inventory. Whenever a company discontinues a product line they've always lots of straggler inventory they usually dump somewhere (off price market, dollar stores, Africa), and Tesla will not be any exception to this.

I don’t think it’s from inventory - only Canadian inventory would be useable. US cars would have to be reconfigured for the Canadian market as US Teslas can’t be imported into Canada (I looked into it following the Ford debacle earlier in the year).

Got the call and email as well! Fantastic news!

Additionally, I was told that I would be able to order the white interior (which I did) indicating that these are not from inventory...of course sales guy might just not know any better. Tesla is a fantastic company for many reasons - but communication has not been their strongest suit.

Fingers crossed we all get the cars in time. That would make one helluva Christmas present!

For sure. Hopefully everyone's needs can be addressed!

As has already been stated by others, the email shows:

1. Orders will be fulfilled from our limited inventory of new LR-RWD Model 3, on a first-come, first-served basis. If your preferred configuration is not available, we will work with you to find another qualifying LR-RWD Model 3.
For the best chance of taking delivery by the deadline, customers should reorder as soon as possible, and no later than November 30. We will make every effort to deliver eligible cars by the deadline and strongly suggest that you schedule your delivery as early as possible in case of unexpected delays.

I'm not sure what determines "first-come, first-served". Reservation # or physical presence?

I realize this sounds like all orders will be drawn from (CDN) inventory but that's not how it was told to me. I'll probably know for sure tomorrow afternoon as I may drop in.

To update slightly though - I later was talking to my original DA who did confirm there are inventory 3's available now (as mentioned in Buggle's post) and they are not refusals and you can take one of those or order from the factory. I'm not sure I'd want something that's been sitting around for too long but would have to inspect and decide. Hopefully tomorrow!

I presume you can configure the LR RWD however you want based on the limited options available and if they have it in now you can take it or play the waiting game. I would imagine with the 18" aeros they'd have black and white models in stock but that's just my guess. If anyone hears exact details on what's available, please post it.

Good luck to all and an early Merry Christmas!

Reactions: champion1955
I called the MOF today in regards to the EVCIP.

I submitted the charger rebate form on May 3rd and was told that it was approved on November 9th. Cheque was made last friday... but due to the Canada Post strike, it may take till the end of the month to physically receive the cheque.
UPDATE

Just got the rebate today!

I’m wondering those that qualify for the rebate but didn’t get the car in time for sep delivery, are they able to get rebate if they took delivery afterwards

This is certainly a question I'd be clarifying with Tesla. Let us know how they respond.

The email seems to imply it might be ok but then speaks only specifically in regards to cancelled orders:

In late August, the Ontario Court ruled that the Government’s plan was illegal, which forced the Government to extend the EHVIP grace period to Tesla’s customers. Unfortunately, that didn’t help customers who cancelled their orders or could not take delivery by September 10.

We didn’t think this was fair, so we urged the Government to extend the delivery deadline, and the Government has now agreed.

I would certainly hope it also applies to those who had one on order but coudn't take delivery by the 10th.

The price has also increased so I'll take a slight hit there I presume so you may even fare better than I.

• Informative
Reactions: champion1955