Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This academic from Brussels has a series of tweets that puts some things into perspective.

"Because of its potency, methane is responsible for about 16% of the total GHG emissions, when expressed as CO2-eq."

"However, whereas methane emissions increased massively during the post-industrial era, they are now leveling off (in contrast to the ever-increasing CO2 levels)"

"When comparing direct emissions, the global output of livestock is even much below the one of transportation (5.1% versus 13.5%)"

"Ruminants may not only reduce overall GHG emissions, by soil carbon sequestration, but also facilitate provision of ecosystem services and reduce environmental damage."
Dp5s2xDWsAE3wYM.jpg:large

Dp5s2xDWsAE3wYM.jpg

I support best practices farming / grazing methods practiced locally whenever possible. Some may fare better with a paleo diet and others with a vegan one. Some thrive on HF/LC diets while others appear to do better with carbs. We're metabolically diverse. Though I think Canadians especially have been oversold on grains generally, the past 60 years or so.

Meanwhile, developing nations are increasing CO2 at an alarming rate. Higher (world-wide) adoption of EV's can't come soon enough.

It will be interesting to see if the US extends their credits or not.

TVO - Costing the cancellation of Cap and Trade.

I'm guessing the people that did manage to get in before the September 10th deadline are not anticipating their rebate to come in until maybe June of next year?

I'm under the impression that they are averaging about six months from when the forms were submitted. I don't love the interest I'm paying on the car while I wait for the rebate, but I expect the rebate to be made sometime in March.

• Informative
Reactions: Chanrhc
I'm under the impression that they are averaging about six months from when the forms were submitted. I don't love the interest I'm paying on the car while I wait for the rebate, but I expect the rebate to be made sometime in March.

Why this isn't a tax deduction or simply knocked off the price of the car makes no sense to me (as I sit here financially bleeding to death).

And it's gone! (South Park meme)

With the federal price on pollution announced today, almost half of the "10 cents a litre" is now going back onto the cost of gas. Smh

"According to background documents supplied by the government, the $20-per-tonne carbon tax will result in an approximate cost increase of 4.42 cents a litre for gasoline...."
Source

Hey all

I've been following these (and predecessor) threads since earlier this year, way before the incentive program was cancelled. Placed my order in June, days before the swearing in and ran under the radar for quite a bit while deciding what to do, so I wasn't one of those forced to cancel or go ahead with the order with all that uncertainty like seemingly happened to many others.

With Tesla winning the lawsuit they brought and the Ontario government announcing on August 31 that they were allowing orders delivered before September 10 to be eligible to apply for the $14,000 incentive, Tesla was able to speed everything up and deliver my car on the very last day - September 10. So thankful!

Absolutely loving my Model 3! It's quite as awesome as I thought it would be and then some! :) ;)

Now for that 12% electricity rate reduction that the Premier promised, since I won't be benefiting directly from that "10 cents a Litre" reduction. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard whether TSLA will be
Hey all

I've been following these (and predecessor) threads since earlier this year, way before the incentive program was cancelled. Placed my order in June, days before the swearing in and ran under the radar for quite a bit while deciding what to do, so I wasn't one of those forced to cancel or go ahead with the order with all that uncertainty like seemingly happened to many others.

With Tesla winning the lawsuit they brought and the Ontario government announcing on August 31 that they were allowing orders delivered before September 10 to be eligible to apply for the $14,000 incentive, Tesla was able to speed everything up and deliver my car on the very last day - September 10. So thankful!

Absolutely loving my Model 3! It's quite as awesome as I thought it would be and then some! :) ;)

Now for that 12% electricity rate reduction that the Premier promised, since I won't be benefiting directly from that "10 cents a Litre" reduction. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard whether TSLA will be suing our Province for the millions in lost revenue due to lost sales/cancellations and other associated losses?

Likely there might be a couple of class action suits out there too? eg: awd never made the "list" because the "gov't" didn't proceed with the approvals while they were "settling in". I imagine Samsung & other groups will have to sue for the many lost incentives involving the green innitiative cancellations.

I think it'll take longer for them to process the rebates when they reach the September applications because there's many more. I applied Sept 8, still waiting.

Me too (sept 8). Received an email from Tesla reminding me of the 90 day deadline—probably standard for all owners. I applied the same day to the ministry and have the standard email back that they have received my application. Is it a good idea to call and double check that they have received the application or am I experiencing 14K anxiety?

Me too (sept 8). Received an email from Tesla reminding me of the 90 day deadline—probably standard for all owners. I applied the same day to the ministry and have the standard email back that they have received my application. Is it a good idea to call and double check that they have received the application or am I experiencing 14K anxiety?
Don't bother them. They got it.

Nice to see some have received their rebate. I submitted for rebate on June 10th. I emailed OMF yesterday to check the status of the rebate and surprisingly they returned my email in a couple of hours (see below). Unsurprisingly they are pushing the refund date out. Although I gave my specific info including VIN#, it appears the response received was simply a standard issue reply. I would expect all those that qualify will receive their rebate by March 31st, 2019. Cheers. I'll post back in this thread once I receive it.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your EHVIP application.

Each application is reviewed for completeness and compliance. The Ministry is working very hard and making best efforts to complete application processing by the end of the fiscal year (March 31st).

Thank you for your patience.

Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP)
Ontario Ministry of Finance
Accounts Management & Collections Branch
Regional Tax Administration Program Delivery