Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order placed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if what YouZiDad said is true about refresh, that could explain why your car is still in production. Only thing that’s apparent is that there is no standard progression or timeline in the ordering to delivery cycle. Sigh...

Well if what YouZiDad said is true about refresh, that could explain why your car is still in production. Only thing that’s apparent is that there is no standard progression or timeline in the ordering to delivery cycle. Sigh...

There does not seem to be any method to the Tesla madness. As a frame of reference for you, I ordered my X on 12/3 and didn't get a VIN until around 1/25. I just today got updated to "in production." The sales office called me and said that they should have a delivery date in about a week. They told me Jan/Feb delivery when I ordered, and I think it will end up being early March.

Whoa! I just read RJ’s post that he got his VIN (congrats!) and decided that I’d be a glutton for punishment by checking mine because I was pretty certain I’d be disappointed. NOPE! I got my VIN too. Now the second part of waiting begins...

Reactions: ModelX
Ordered 15. January and on the site it says delivery end of march. Now DS said delivery most like end of Mai or June, but she doesn't know 100%. She believes that all Model Xs for Switzerland are getting produced in one batch (beginning of 2nd Quarter). Never heard of that!

I guess owning a Tesla Model S already and the fact that I ordered an X P100D won't positively affect this situation neither!?

Can a DS be wrong?