Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Placed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We did the 'overnight experience' yesterday and we fell in love with the car. The OA was quite generous and in fact, gave us a 24hour test drive. It was phenomenal. Now, I feel very confident being in an electric without worrying about 'range anxiety' (wife's planning a 1500 mile road-trip already :)).

Here is my final config

Model S 60
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Grey Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension

Thanks for all your help. I have 7 days to make edits so please let me know if I missed anything. Calling Alliant tomorrow to get the scoop on funding.

Thanks again!

Looks like a great car. The Blue / Grey interior with black alcantara is a stunning combo (I think the grey is the standout best interior color, just wish they had the black headliner 3 years ago when I got my car).

Nicely done. The black microfiber/grey leather combo works well.

The time between order confirmation and factory pickup or local delivery will pass quickly. If you plan to have any aftermarket work done, part of that time can be spent vetting final candidate vendors so that the work can be scheduled optimally once the car arrives.

Enjoy!

Great stuff! I was going to order the grey leather but changed to black after I saw how blue the demo car's grey seats had become from people's jeans. The tesla crew agreed that it was a bit of an issue. I'm sure it would clean up but is an extra thing to deal with. If you're not wearing jeans then might not be an issue. Those who have the grey seats here might have more to say?

Such a beautiful car though! Well done.

Black seats won't with in the Austin heat. My Prius has grey leather and it still gets super hot in the summer. BTW, has anyone taken delivery of the blue with the new fascia? Would love to see some pictures. My worry is keeping it clean in pollen season.

Congrats! Great choice, you'll love the car.

Re: grey seats & jeans - low mileage driver here, but 7.5 months in and wearing jeans almost every day my grey seats still look like new. I chose the grey because it really looks fantastic especially with the deep blue (I agree w/ @trils0n), and also because my last car with black leather was too hot in summer, even in our moderate climate here. Though I see how colour transfer from jeans could be an issue in a heavily used car, like a demo. YMMV

Black seats won't with in the Austin heat. My Prius has grey leather and it still gets super hot in the summer.
Houston owner here, black textile seats. Not an issue!
I did get tinting film and am sure that helps, but the ability to pre-condition the air helps more in my subjective opinion. A bonus is that the AC blows out past the retracted door handles, curing an even more painful heat issue.

Now that I'm in the wait period, I'm doing all the research to validate my decision. One of the things that is currently bothering me is Autopilot 2.0.

Tesla Autopilot 2.0 is coming this year

Should I wait?

At the end of the day, even if AP 2.0 is improved, it's unlikely to be a level 4 autonomous driving improvement. It might be level 3; however, as it'll still require on occasion driver involvement it won't make that big of a difference. The folks who keep wrecking with AP 1.0 (level 2 autonomous) are thinking it is level 4 and so fail to really stay engaged with the driving.

It's also rumored that the new cars being built are coming with the wiring harness for AP 2.0, so that we might be able to pay to upgrade the cameras/software when AP 2.0 releases. Haven't seen any official statements from Tesla about anything AP 2.0 related, so not sure how much stock to put in this. But like all gadgets, and honestly a Tesla is the most expensive gadget I know of on the market, there is always something better in the works... buy what's the best right now. I'd never buy a new gadget if I waited, I know of phone technology at least 2 years down the road, computer/mobile processor tech at least 2 years down the road, etc... Side effect of being a CS professor w/ undergrad degrees in EE, CPE, and CS lol.

Here is my final config

Model S 60
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Grey Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension

I was wondering if you were going to pull the trigger after reading your other post about the overnight test drive. Congratulations on the car, it looks awesome. I was torn between the Deep Blue with the grey seats and the Multicoat Red with the tan seats. Otherwise, I chose all the same options! I'm picking my up next week and you are now in the worst part of being an owner....constantly refreshing the MyTesla page to check the status of your order.

Have fun and enjoy it!

Now that I'm in the wait period, I'm doing all the research to validate my decision. One of the things that is currently bothering me is Autopilot 2.0.

Should I wait?

Don't wait. Enjoy now. If one says they want to wait on the next latest and greatest [whatever], then they will always be waiting, because [whatever] could always get an update, and then they would not get to enjoy it.

Reactions: javawolfpack
Congrats fellow Texan!! Waiting to confirm this week and get going on production already.

I went black black black and I am not the least bit worried here in Texas. I park in a garage at work and home and with the pre-cooling feature the car has for the cabin to get nice and cool 5-10 minutes before ever getting in I am not worried.

I love the black look on this car and loaded the interior with black as well and that pano offers the lighting.

I loved the blue color though, wasn't a fan of the gray though but it works well wth the blue.

Reactions: Austin Powers
Congrats, I just ordered almost the exact same car, but as a D and with cold instead of premium and air. My wife and I looked at a lot of photos while picking the colors and she's usually pretty good with design. :) We did push delivery out to November, as we have a VW TDI that we're waiting for a buyback on.

Congrats, I just ordered almost the exact same car, but as a D and with cold instead of premium and air. My wife and I looked at a lot of photos while picking the colors and she's usually pretty good with design. :) We did push delivery out to November, as we have a VW TDI that we're waiting for a buyback on.

Definitely could see the cold weather add-on being useful in Montana. I have a VW TDI too, but due to not wanting to re-register it I'm expecting to overlap having at Tesla & the VW for a month or two, until the settlement happens and I can have VW buy it back.

Congratulations...

I live in Bay Area Cali and opted out of the leather seats. I chose textile seats. My reason is that I ordered it with Pano, and I assume that the car will be hotter with leather seats on it compare to my GS350 with leather and standard with moon roof... Also I was able to see the standard textile seats on the model S, I was really impressed with it and like how it feels. Plus they come with part leather. I was also used that money saved towards air suspension.

That is probably the best use of the VW dieselgate money ever. Props!

The money at the end of the VW dieslegate after I pay off my loan with VW will be more than I'm putting down for my Tesla lease... so almost no out of pocket cost to make the move outside of a larger monthly payment, but still less than I'd plan for buying a Telsa down the road. But agree, best way to not get lied to again about emissions is to get a vehicle that doesn't use petroleum to start.

Reactions: e-FTW
Quick update, friends: I'm canceling my order.

I don't think I'm ready to pull the trigger. Here are some reasons.

1. Autopilot 2.0. With the recent events surrounding AP, I'm pretty confident 2.0 is coming sooner than we thought. And it will involve Hardware upgrades. Looking at a Sept delivery, I don't want to be stuck with a car that is obsolete right after delivery (saw this from some threads back when AP 1.0 came out). Also, TBH, AP in it's current state didn't impress me (I brought that up in another thread).

2. Elon's Master Plan: I would like to know more about what Elon has on his mind and it looks like he will do the reveal in the next few weeks.

3. Price drops: It is looking more and more that Tesla is trying to release some pressure from Model 3 orders by discounting S and X. They just released the X 60D this morning.

I know that Tesla will continue to innovate at a rapid pace and no matter when I decide to buy, there will always be something better coming out right after. However, given the info I have at hand, don't think I'm ready to bite the bullet yet :) Will be back in the market in a few months but will continue to lurk on this wonderful forum. Thanks :)

Reactions: e-FTW