Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered S75D Oct 7th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an MS - simple car - 75 [which will be a D] with EAP, blue with cream interior.

Nothing else - just like it comes.

Ordered 30 Sep

Order Confirmed: 03 Oct

Vin Assigned: 04 Oct

Delivery Est has ALWAYS been and remains Late Nov / Early Dec.

Delivery consultant has now been changed 3 times - so we are on our 4th.

No reason to contact them - they'll let us know when the car is ready.

Salesperson has called us once.

Don’t worry everyone will have the cars before December 31st.

As far as VIN assignment, it happens with the colors that you have ordered. What I have been told is that white, midnight metallic, black and Metallic black have two production runs a month vs. the other.

Also, this early in the quarter tesla is switching how they deliver cars via rail I believe vs. trucks to save some cost and adds abouy a week into delivery. Personally I would want a car now as a custom build va. End of quarter.

Another quick update...(Order placed Oct 7th, confirmed Oct 11th). I still don't have a time frame listed in my account anywhere. However, I've been talking to a SolarCity (now Tesla) guy about getting solar panels installed. After talking about the car, he mentioned he could have some friends of his who work for Tesla on the car side look into my order for me. He said after they did some digging, they found that my car is expected to enter production the second week of December. I would imagine that would push out the actual delivery to January 2018.

Was really hoping for an early to mid December delivery. Oh well. Happy New Year to me I guess!

Another quick update...(Order placed Oct 7th, confirmed Oct 11th). I still don't have a time frame listed in my account anywhere. However, I've been talking to a SolarCity (now Tesla) guy about getting solar panels installed. After talking about the car, he mentioned he could have some friends of his who work for Tesla on the car side look into my order for me. He said after they did some digging, they found that my car is expected to enter production the second week of December. I would imagine that would push out the actual delivery to January 2018.

Was really hoping for an early to mid December delivery. Oh well. Happy New Year to me I guess!
Where are you located?

Where are you located?
Colorado Springs.

I was kind of surprised to learn that production was so far off. Even on their website now, it's quoting a delivery of December for both S and X custom orders. My order is for a Red 75D with cream interior. Maybe there's a delay for those options.

I noticed that Pinegreen, who ordered the same day as me, said his delivery date was Dec - Early Jan. And I believe he is located in San Jose, Ca. Seems like that would line up with a production start date of mid December.

Reactions: branndonbriggs
Colorado Springs.

I was kind of surprised to learn that production was so far off. Even on their website now, it's quoting a delivery of December for both S and X custom orders. My order is for a Red 75D with cream interior. Maybe there's a delay for those options.

I noticed that Pinegreen, who ordered the same day as me, said his delivery date was Dec - Early Jan. And I believe he is located in San Jose, Ca. Seems like that would line up with a production start date of mid December.

Yeah, my account page still says delivery for December to early January 2018. I was assuming that they would try to get it delivered by end of quarter for the numbers...but your update really has me wondering now about when the cars will actually be ready. I was also hoping for a mid-December delivery date.

Now, fellow members are reporting that delivery date on portal is updated to Jan-Feb 2018. Mine still says Dec-Jan which I doubt it. Early on mine portal was showing Jan-Feb delivery. But DS insisted that it would be in middle of Dec. I think from manufacturing POV color can dictate the schedule, unless they have separate paint lines for each color, which I doubt. BTW I ordered red too.

Potentially good news...

I called the service center where I plan on taking delivery and talked to a different DS than the one I had assigned. This guy actually knew wtf he was talking about. It was really refreshing talking to someone who had some useful information. He confirmed my production date of mid December. He said they would be doing everything they can to get me behind the wheel before 2018, so I should expect delivery the last week of December. He said there's a chance the production could get moved forward, but that it's unlikely at this point.

Good part is that even if delivery doesn't happen until 2018, they can do a paper delivery so I can qualify for the tax credits in 2017 (my main concern right now). He also said that if delivery gets pushed to 2018, they would deliver right to my door rather than the service center, which would be cool too.

I asked why the long delay compared to others. Response was basically "that's just the way it is right now, as schedules change to accommodate international deliveries, etc." He also said that they were going through a bit of a website overhaul and he knew of cases where some people weren't getting the delivery estimates shown on their account page. I just happen to be one of those. He also mentioned that he has access to more reliable information than what my account page would show anyway.

It's crazy that if we had just ordered like a week sooner, it would possible that we'd be taking delivery in November. One week apparently pushed us out about a month and a half. Bummer. I'm hoping that our car won't be a rush job and have issues with QC. It'll be what it will be I guess.

Fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Got a call today, My car went into production, and will be on the way Toronto within 1 week.
Congrats man! Super exciting. Out of curiosity, did your MyTesla account show that update?

My DS told me earlier this week that my car should enter production next week and to expect delivery either end of this month or 1st week of December. A good way to start a week!