Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered S75D Oct 7th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you live? I ordered on the 8th of October, confirmed the 11th. May get deliver last week of December or might need to take paper delivery on Dec 31 according to my DS with home delivery during the first 2 weeks of January...

Meanwhile, the website has consistently said Jan-Early Feb delivery for me since the day I was confirmed.

• Informative
Reactions: mattack4000
Where do you live? I ordered on the 8th of October, confirmed the 11th. May get deliver last week of December or might need to take paper delivery on Dec 31 according to my DS with home delivery during the first 2 weeks of January...

It's your call, but I would never take 'paper delivery'. 95% of the deliveries are flawless, but 5% are not. Doing a paper first +home later delivery means you have no leverage should there be a problem with yours. Check some of the threads here to learn what can potentially go wrong. Taking paper delivery is a misguided attempt at your DS to game the numbers and does not buy you anything. The only one to gain is your DS whose personal delivery number is one higher. It does not even buy the company anything because Elon Musk has been quite clear that he only wants 'real deliveries' exactly because anything else puts so much of the brand image on the line. Do not be the guy who comes in here saying : "I paid for the car in December, then the delivery driver got into an accident and now I am paying 3 months for a car that I can't use because it's been in the body shop since', followed first by 2 pages of denial, then 2 pages of 'it was perfect for me' and then 2 pages of suggestion to do executive escalation. If you think it can't happen, you haven't read enough delivery threads on this forum.

Signing for delivery for something you haven't actually gotten or inspected. Fine for a $30 widget of some Chinese website. But not for $100k+ car. Unless you are Bill Gates-kind of rich. But normally you don't get that rich by being stupid with money.

O and btw, if you plan to use the federal EV credit in 2017 then taking a paper delivery is plain and simple tax fraud. One you may get away with, but it's still tax fraud. Don't be a tax fraud, and if you are, certainly don't post about it in a public forum like TMC.

Reactions: geometro
One reason someone might want paper delivery is due to the possible elimination of the tax credit. There is no guaranty that the credit will exist next year and a paper delivery at the end of December would ensure that the car was "delivered" in 2017.

Otherwise, not much of a reason to do a paper delivery.

It's your call, but I would never take 'paper delivery'. 95% of the deliveries are flawless, but 5% are not. Doing a paper first +home later delivery means you have no leverage should there be a problem with yours. Check some of the threads here to learn what can potentially go wrong. Taking paper delivery is a misguided attempt at your DS to game the numbers and does not buy you anything. The only one to gain is your DS whose personal delivery number is one higher. It does not even buy the company anything because Elon Musk has been quite clear that he only wants 'real deliveries' exactly because anything else puts so much of the brand image on the line. Do not be the guy who comes in here saying : "I paid for the car in December, then the delivery driver got into an accident and now I am paying 3 months for a car that I can't use because it's been in the body shop since', followed first by 2 pages of denial, then 2 pages of 'it was perfect for me' and then 2 pages of suggestion to do executive escalation. If you think it can't happen, you haven't read enough delivery threads on this forum.

Signing for delivery for something you haven't actually gotten or inspected. Fine for a $30 widget of some Chinese website. But not for $100k+ car. Unless you are Bill Gates-kind of rich. But normally you don't get that rich by being stupid with money.

O and btw, if you plan to use the federal EV credit in 2017 then taking a paper delivery is plain and simple tax fraud. One you may get away with, but it's still tax fraud. Don't be a tax fraud, and if you are, certainly don't post about it in a public forum like TMC.

One reason someone might want paper delivery is due to the possible elimination of the tax credit. There is no guaranty that the credit will exist next year and a paper delivery at the end of December would ensure that the car was "delivered" in 2017.

Otherwise, not much of a reason to do a paper delivery.
As many others have pointed out in numerous other threads, the car must be physically delivered and placed into service in 2017 in order to legally qualify for the 2017 tax credit. If someone tries to do a paper delivery in 2017 and take physical delivery in 2018, they would be breaking the law and committing tax fraud.

Reactions: schonelucht
I ordered 10/8 and confirmed 10/12.
Despite the online estimated date changing several times, I have an expected delivery on 12/20 now. Email from my DS yesterday.
Finally!

This gives me hope. I ordered 10/7. Confirmed 10/11. My DS doesn't have a delivery time yet, but her last email stated that my car was going into production late November and with expected delivery of early December....but again, no delivery date yet. I am local to Fremont plant though (San Jose, CA).

This gives me hope. I ordered 10/7. Confirmed 10/11. My DS doesn't have a delivery time yet, but her last email stated that my car was going into production late November and with expected delivery of early December....but again, no delivery date yet. I am local to Fremont plant though (San Jose, CA).

Hi Pinegreen, I am in the same boat, ordered on 10/1 and confirmed on 10/4, local to Fremont too. DS said the same thing going into production late Nov and delivery expect early December. I was hoping she can provide us a more specific date than a cookie cutter answer. I thought they should have a better picture.