Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you really get a 1.24% loan? If so, that’s a pretty amazing price.
Yes. There are several threads about it on the forums, but I'm happy to walk you through the process. The short story is that you apply for the 1.24% loan through Digital Federal Credit Union. Then you can either keep the loan with them or get Tesla to rate match, which is what I did.

Reactions: Doc_Holliday
Did you wait until you got your VIN to apply?
I left my order with Tesla as cash, until I was ready to rate match.

With DCU I became a member and applied for the auto loan a few weeks before I had a VIN. Once you get your VIN you need the MVPA from Tesla to upload to DCU. Then I immediately called DCU (2 hour wait) and they finalized the loan application and emailed me the official documents the following morning. I then sent the DCU loan docs to [email protected] and they matched the 1.24% at 72 months (you have to ask for the 72 months otherwise they will match DCU's 65 months).

It sounds like a big process but it really wasn't so bad. I recommend getting the ball rolling ASAP with the DCU membership/account and initial loan application.

Reactions: Doc_Holliday

With DCU I became a member and applied for the auto loan a few weeks before I had a VIN. Once you get your VIN you need the MVPA from Tesla to upload to DCU. Then I immediately called DCU (2 hour wait) and they finalized the loan application and emailed me the official documents the following morning. I then sent the DCU loan docs to [email protected] and they matched the 1.24% at 72 months (you have to ask for the 72 months otherwise they will match DCU's 65 months).

It sounds like a big process but it really wasn't so bad. I recommend getting the ball rolling ASAP with the DCU membership/account and initial loan application.
What is the benefit of taking the loan from Tesla instead of DCU?

Reactions: danielshue

Kind of curious why people don't just take the DCU offer? Easier on delivery to use tesla financing?

thanks. i almost applied today since i'm sure delivery is getting close.

Reactions: Funkyjuju

I think i messed up. Should i have applied for the 65 month term at DCU and then get Tesla to rate match but at 72 months instead of the 65? I got approved doing the online app at 2.99% for 72 months at DCU.