Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an appointment to pick up my MYLR yesterday at 3pm at Macadam. They called me at 1:30pm to say I had the appointment for Saturday when I was gonna be out of town. So they said they could still do it yesterday, but they need to bring the car over and detail it. 5 min later I get a call back... "Whoops.... The car is actually still in California...a weird computer glitch". So now I'm scheduled for next weekend for pick up. Ugh!

I had an appointment to pick up my MYLR yesterday at 3pm at Macadam. They called me at 1:30pm to say I had the appointment for Saturday when I was gonna be out of town. So they said they could still do it yesterday, but they need to bring the car over and detail it. 5 min later I get a call back... "Whoops.... The car is actually still in California...a weird computer glitch". So now I'm scheduled for next weekend for pick up. Ugh!
Wow, I don't understand why they don't have better management of this. How do they not know where the cars are?

Reactions: Funkyjuju
I will post pics and describe the delivery process
That would be fantastic
or they just gave it to someone else?

I called them. Apparently it was sent to Costa Mesa, CA and now they are trying to get it on a truck for Portland. He said he didn't think it was a rejected vehicle as the VIN is brand new. Very strange! Once it's on a truck I can have it in 24 to 48 hours.
So first they said it was "still in California" and now they are saying it was "sent to California"? I'm not trying to be a Richard but at some point there needs to be some accountability for the logistical mismanagement and lack of customer priority. Why would they send a car back to California? I don't put this off on the SAs, I would be willing to bet that they are just as confused as we are. I have never seen an SA on any forum talking about there experience. I'll be willing to bet they have to sign a "no media" clause?

So first they said it was "still in California" and now they are saying it was "sent to California"? I'm not trying to be a Richard but at some point there needs to be some accountability for the logistical mismanagement and lack of customer priority. Why would they send a car back to California? I don't put this off on the SAs, I would be willing to bet that they are just as confused as we are. I have never seen an SA on any forum talking about there experience. I'll be willing to bet they have to sign a "no media" clause?
I find this whole situation bizzare. For a software company (which Tesla really is), they should be able to manage this so much better.

The only explanation I can think of is that this VIN was originally assigned to someone in CA and it was configured to ship there and it was never reconfigured when it was assigned to @Funkyjuju.

image.jpg

One accessorie here. Tomorrow should be a shower of FedEx trucks.

I find this whole situation bizzare. For a software company (which Tesla really is), they should be able to manage this so much better.

The only explanation I can think of is that this VIN was originally assigned to someone in CA and it was configured to ship there and it was never reconfigured when it was assigned to @Funkyjuju.
I totally agree. It's completely ridiculous how Tesla can make amazing cars and software, but can't keep track of where they are supposed to be shipped. Also, it wasn't sent back to California... Just from Fremont to Costa Mesa.

I think you're probably right, @stewright . Perhaps my VIN was one of those mysteriously vanishing ones for someone else, and then they never updated the location to Portland when it was assigned to me. It's totally crazy also because one of their systems said it was here. I got the VIN earlier this week and then a text from my SA an hour later saying it was in Portland.
View attachment 690392
One accessorie here. Tomorrow should be a shower of FedEx trucks.
Is that the whole kit of adaptors? Or which ones did you choose?

I totally agree. It's completely ridiculous how Tesla can make amazing cars and software, but can't keep track of where they are supposed to be shipped. Also, it wasn't sent back to California... Just from Fremont to Costa Mesa.

I think you're probably right, @stewright . Perhaps my VIN was one of those mysteriously vanishing ones for someone else, and then they never updated the location to Portland when it was assigned to me. It's totally crazy also because one of their systems said it was here. I got the VIN earlier this week and then a text from my SA an hour later saying it was in Portland.

Is that the whole kit of adaptors? Or which ones did you choose?
We ordered a 14-50 adapter in case we need to use the existing 14-50 plug we have until both of our wall connectors are hooked up. We also ordered mud flaps, a roll of ppf, 6 piece floor liner set, screen protector, rear spoiler and brake caliper paint.

Haha. Nope. I’m just gonna try and protect the crappy paint as best I can. Seems like there is always construction going on a gravel everywhere. Plus I like that they are pretty flexible since I got the MYP and it’s lower I’ve read the mud flaps tend to hit speed bumps and steep driveways.
Legitimate concerns. What's your thoughts on the crappy paint? You going to spend another 10% on paint protection?