Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We could not wait any longer so I really didn't have a choice. We made a purchase of $55k with a company that told me my purchase would be delivered in 3-11 weeks. We sold our M3 planning on that timeline. I gave them a couple extra weeks and then demanded a car because my wife was going back to work. In the end we did not get what we ordered in the time frame we were promised. You don't like being an asshole? How do you like waiting for your order?

Until customers hold Tesla to task this will continue. I'm all for Tesla and I love the car, but this is just business. We are waiting for a Model S that we ordered on 6/1, but since this car is not a "must have" right now we are just waiting it out. As soon as VW or some other company gets their sh it together Tesla is going to suffer greatly because of their inability to fulfill a contract. Tesla is just another company that better get their sh it together.
I agree with you. I'm not going to berate a front-end employee who has no say in the process. Tesla does need to be held accountable and needs to concentrate on fulfillment more than FSD in my opinion.

I agree with you. I'm not going to berate a front-end employee who has no say in the process. Tesla does need to be held accountable and needs to concentrate on fulfillment more than FSD in my opinion.
I did not berate anyone and the delivery team was able to take some action on my behalf. They can "ping" people at that factory or in the logistics department. They can also get more detailed information than an SA about where your car is in the process. It's not a magic bullet but I don't see any harm in pressuring them to get your car moving. You have a good case... 112 days is way above average!

Reactions: Sherwood_John
I did not berate anyone and the delivery team was able to take some action on my behalf. They can "ping" people at that factory or in the logistics department. They can also get more detailed information than an SA about where your car is in the process. It's not a magic bullet but I don't see any harm in pressuring them to get your car moving. You have a good case... 112 days is way above average!
I agree. No harm in calling delivery folks. Worst you will get same response as sales guys.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
If it isn't obvious I never claimed anybody did, I was stating I won't act that way when I know there is nothing the front-end employee can actually do. There are people with earlier OD than mine that haven't gotten their cars either.

If it isn't obvious I never claimed anybody did, I was stating I won't act that way when I know there is nothing the front-end employee can actually do. There are people with earlier OD than mine that haven't gotten their cars either.
I know you didn't claim that. I just meant that I was calm but persistent and it helped. I agree that it seems deliveries seem to have slowed since a month ago when several of us took delivery. Your EDD is very specific and small, so usually that's a good sign. We're all just pulling for you and hoping you have your car in the next week or two!

I know you didn't claim that. I just meant that I was calm but persistent and it helped. I agree that it seems deliveries seem to have slowed since a month ago when several of us took delivery. Your EDD is very specific and small, so usually that's a good sign. We're all just pulling for you and hoping you have your car in the next week or two!
Oh, I appreciate the good vibes and insight - thank you.

Day 113. No EDD changes or VIN. I did call and talked to the Portland store and of course, no one would route me to the delivery team and I got the same answers on the vagueness of delivery time. My supposed gate date is the 25th so we'll see if I get a VIN in the next two days or not.

Day 113. No EDD changes or VIN. I did call and talked to the Portland store and of course, no one would route me to the delivery team and I got the same answers on the vagueness of delivery time. My supposed gate date is the 25th so we'll see if I get a VIN in the next two days or not.
Choose option where it says new vehicle with a delivery date or similar to reach delivery team..

Reactions: Sherwood_John