Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Over 3 years...still waiting...getting fed up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Warning rant incoming!

Hello,

I am a long Tesla fan. Stock owner since S was released and checking Tesla news each day ever since. I put a 1k$ deposit on TM3 on 31.April 2016, took a trip abroad and stood in a line. I am very patient guy. When TM3 started selling in US 2017, I thought great, soon it will get into EU. Then it get into EU, however somehow Elon forgot that Europe is not just Germany, France and Spain. All “Other Europe” as they call it was ignored. However in news and everywhere, titles were saying that TM3 came to EU. Period. No mention about ignoring half of the EU. I thought, ok, probably a little delay. But now TM3 RHD is arriving to UK. Yes, the UK guys will get their cars sooner then Other Europe with LHD. You know what? I am getting fed up. Now I take this as an insult. Helloooo next to German borders is not a black hole but a developed country, full of people interested in getting s TM3. Some of them actualy put RESERVATION over 3 years ago in a goof faith that it actually means anything to you. Now any random guy from US, western EU or Asia can put an order and get it sooner then we do.
Honestly I am currently is a state that I think of canceling the reservation and never ever buy Tesla. Not because they are bad cars. But as a pure retaliation for being treated as a trash. Deposit taken, and then middle finger shown. No response from Tesla on when we can expect to see TM3. They dont care. Well I am stopping to care about them as well. Good job Tesla.

Btw I am from Czech Republic, but who cares.

Warning rant incoming!

Hello,

I am a long Tesla fan. Stock owner since S was released and checking Tesla news each day ever since. I put a 1k$ deposit on TM3 on 31.April 2016, took a trip abroad and stood in a line. I am very patient guy. When TM3 started selling in US 2017, I thought great, soon it will get into EU. Then it get into EU, however somehow Elon forgot that Europe is not just Germany, France and Spain. All “Other Europe” as they call it was ignored. However in news and everywhere, titles were saying that TM3 came to EU. Period. No mention about ignoring half of the EU. I thought, ok, probably a little delay. But now TM3 RHD is arriving to UK. Yes, the UK guys will get their cars sooner then Other Europe with LHD. You know what? I am getting fed up. Now I take this as an insult. Helloooo next to German borders is not a black hole but a developed country, full of people interested in getting s TM3. Some of them actualy put RESERVATION over 3 years ago in a goof faith that it actually means anything to you. Now any random guy from US, western EU or Asia can put an order and get it sooner then we do.
Honestly I am currently is a state that I think of canceling the reservation and never ever buy Tesla. Not because they are bad cars. But as a pure retaliation for being treated as a trash. Deposit taken, and then middle finger shown. No response from Tesla on when we can expect to see TM3. They dont care. Well I am stopping to care about them as well. Good job Tesla.

I feel your pain. We were first in the world to reserve and amongst the last to get being right hand drive and in Australia

I’m guessing you can’t just drive across the border and buy one or you would have. Maybe you can take a trip and hire one. At least get a taste and keep your spirits up while you wait

Same here, Czech Republic, TM3 reservation holder since April 4, 2016. Anybody can order now and my Tesla page says, estimated delivery “EARLY 2019”... WTF? Is is May now and they even cannot get that straight... No notification, communication, nothing... 1k EUR free financing for 3 years and apart from Other Europe, anybody can order and jump ahead of the line. Pissed off. And on top of that, we are affected by the pricing changes and maybe will never even get the chance to order the 35kUSD SR version and FSD will be more expensive, etc... Sucks.

@Flekoun you are being hysterical. @verystandard has a very good point. They are only now putting in the Hardware 3 in the production cars. Your car will be better for having waited. I'm in California, a few miles from Tesla, put in my reservation 5/2016 and only got my car end December. And I overpaid and I'm stuck with Hardware 2.5 for now.

But EU is EU, if Germany is getting them sooner, can't you take delivery in Germany?

But EU is EU, if Germany is getting them sooner, can't you take delivery in Germany?

No.
And that is the biggest disgrace.

I'm in similar situation... Slovenia is in EU from 2007 and borders Austria. I tried to order the car in Graz that is 20 minutes drive away ... they would not take my money, impossible, we can't do that, maybe you know some austrian guy that can order it for you ...

I was prepared to import the M3 on my own and Tesla does not allow it.
They allow S/X imports though.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
@Flekoun you are being hysterical. @verystandard has a very good point. They are only now putting in the Hardware 3 in the production cars. Your car will be better for having waited. I'm in California, a few miles from Tesla, put in my reservation 5/2016 and only got my car end December. And I overpaid and I'm stuck with Hardware 2.5 for now.

No, you cant order it from different country, Tesla do not allow this. As for being hysterical. It is not that we do not get the car as soon as other Europe does, we DO NOT KNOW when we can expect to get the car. It is not like there are bottlenecks, or that they did not start delivering to EU, or there have to be RHD version first, or we do not have a service centre or superchargers in our country. All of this we have and is ready. But they obviously do not care to delivery cars here. I would like to see yourself when TM3 was selling in all US states except California, without reason, without a word why is that and when will that change.

I can understand the frustration. But giving up would be silly.
Keep contacting them and show them screen shots of how
Left hand Drive was supposed to come AFTER Europe.
You have a Service Center in Prague? Go there until they
get tired of you and actually bother someone at Corporate
in California. Shouting here isn't going to make waves at
Tesla. Use the Tesla channels. Ask what the problem is,
and if the problem cannot be solved, they they should let you
pick up a car in Germany, after all it's ONE European Union,
couldn't you pick up a car in Nevada if you ordered in California,
etc

Last edited:
But there may be reasons Tesla can't deliver in your country. You have Napoleonic law? Everything bureaucratic takes 10x-100x longer than in countries with precedent law. What is a "car" for legal purposes? Precedent-based law expects the definition will change, so courts make decisions and set precedent. Precedent allows for change. Under Napoleonic law, you need a trail of definitions with little stamps and signatures going back to the 15th century, and in post communist countries everyone is more afraid to make a decision. Everything takes much much MUCH longer. Tesla may be bogged down in some bureaucratic nonsense that is not of their making. You have a Tesla Service Center? The Tesla reps in your country might be mentally captive of that system too. You need to get to the bottom of it, then maybe you can try to help them with the bottleneck.

• Informative
Reactions: Tron 3 and hcdavis3
They are likely prioritizing based on number of reservations per country. The EU countries that have the most reservations get the Model 3 first. The logistics of shipping and delivering the cars are probably easier for them with this approach.

And they have to get the cars to Europe, shipping. And how many are they shipping to the continent vs. the UK? And all the Brexit crap. And if they have to overcome months of paperwork for every self-imagined center of the universe, how many will they sell in any given area, can they get it done through all the bureaucracy right now, when Norway will take every one they ship right now?

There is a flaw in a reasoning that Tesla has a difficulty because of bureaucrats in eastern EU countries. If I remember correctly when S and X was released for EU, the "other Europe" got them in a same time as the western Europe. So there is no reason why this is not possible for TM3. Yes, of-course Tesla could have many reasons why they do not want to introduce TM3 in our country. But why the hell did they took deposits? Why they are saying that we will get it "Early 2019" when it is May already? If Tesla do not find time to at least fix their website estimates, what should we think about it? They simply don't care.

I'm pretty sure that there are a LOT of folks in Europe that feel the same way and it's not just the folks in the Czech Republic. Since deliveries have only been occurring for 2 months, it just takes time.

It took a year to get through the first wave in the US. Just hang in there, the wait is worth it!

Let's see it the optimistic way.
In Tesla world, what is announced is usually getting delayed and delayed...on the other hand, some stuffs come out of the blue without notice. Hopefully Czech Republic is in the second case.

Warning rant incoming!

Hello,

Do you know how many cool European cars never ever made it to the USA.

Hang in there.

Can you get one from Germany?

Even in USA some folks like Texas can’t even buy the car. And Texas is probably what, half the size of all of Europe. Now they are trying to block the car even being serviced in Texas.

It’s still a young company with lots of obstacles ( some even political).

Hang in there bud, I know it's not fair for you guys. Even some of us here in the US are not too happy with the way Tesla handles things. Constant back and forth price changes and I feel like I know more about the M3 than most of their employees. But in the end Tesla is still a new company that just entered the mass market. The M3 will be worth the wait, there is nothing else like it.

Be strong Eastern European amigos. I know you have high expectations for the model 3 and guess what, the car is even better than that and will exceed your expectations! I live in California and a day one reservationist and I had to wait 2.5 years for my car! It made me crazy. And if you are ever in California, I will let you borrow my car for a week, BUT.............you will have to take my wife with you because she refuses to drive any other kind of car now! :D