Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you guys think of these? Buddy just put 22” on Plaid.

IMG_2636.jpeg

Reactions: AMPd
Picked up this 2016 75D in Titanium Metallic about 10 days ago. Washed, clay bar, and applied ceramic coat. Color is very polarizing. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments but also received some “why did you get this color?” comments. View attachment 961388
I have this exact Morel S and love love love the color. I’ve gotten so many complements from folks since the day I bought it, to even today!

I have this exact Morel S and love love love the color. I’ve gotten so many complements from folks since the day I bought it, to even today!
As an historical note -- I am fairly sure that this color (Titanium metallic) was first introduced together with the 70D in 2015. I remember because that model is what I bought (but I got mine in red), and I have a photo saved someplace from the Tesla website showing the 70D in that color. A fair amount of the 70Ds were delivered in that color, but its popularity seemed to wane fairly quickly. My guess was that it looked good in some lights but not so great in other light.
It is possible, of course, that my memory is faulty on this, and that the color was introduced at an earlier time than the 70D. But pretty close, I think...

As an historical note -- I am fairly sure that this color (Titanium metallic) was first introduced together with the 70D in 2015. I remember because that model is what I bought (but I got mine in red), and I have a photo saved someplace from the Tesla website showing the 70D in that color. A fair amount of the 70Ds were delivered in that color, but its popularity seemed to wane fairly quickly. My guess was that it looked good in some lights but not so great in other light.
It is possible, of course, that my memory is faulty on this, and that the color was introduced at an earlier time than the 70D. But pretty close, I think...
Definitely doesn't look as good at night/dark as it does when the sun hits it. Without sunlight, it looks like dull brown with a hint of green.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
It's been a few weeks since delivery, and I'm so impressed with this car. It's fast, comfortable, and rides well. The technology is so far ahead of most manufacturers. I had my concerns when I placed the order, but the experience exceeds my expectations.
nice !! the ultra red is unbelievably gorgeous

Loved my 2017 Model S75D. Thought I'd have it for another decade, but I couldn't pass up the offer to get free unlimited supercharging on a new one.

Ordered Oct. 23 and took delivery on Monday. UltraRed, Walnut interior, 19", Steering Wheel, Basic AP.

Delivery was a breeze. I had my checklist, and worries from some reports here, but the car looked great inside and out. Mt. Kisco, NY team did a good job of answering all my questions.

One week in and wow.

Things I love most: 1) range--this was my #1 reason and I'm already thrilled by 400 miles versus 230. 2) charging speed--OMG I had no idea how huge the difference would be. 3) color--I liked the old candy apple red well enough, but the ultrared is so much better.

Only thing I haven't gotten used to, and am not sure I will, is losing the stalk for the turn signal. Stalk is more intuitive and I never had to take eyes off the road to find it. Now maybe I'll get there with these buttons . . . .

But in the end that's a small thing. Couldn't be happier.

(And my wife, who said for years she never got the point of cars, has changed her tune after losing her toyota hybrid and gaining the 2017S).

Loved my 2017 Model S75D. Thought I'd have it for another decade, but I couldn't pass up the offer to get free unlimited supercharging on a new one.

Ordered Oct. 23 and took delivery on Monday. UltraRed, Walnut interior, 19", Steering Wheel, Basic AP.

Delivery was a breeze. I had my checklist, and worries from some reports here, but the car looked great inside and out. Mt. Kisco, NY team did a good job of answering all my questions.

One week in and wow.

Things I love most: 1) range--this was my #1 reason and I'm already thrilled by 400 miles versus 230. 2) charging speed--OMG I had no idea how huge the difference would be. 3) color--I liked the old candy apple red well enough, but the ultrared is so much better.

Only thing I haven't gotten used to, and am not sure I will, is losing the stalk for the turn signal. Stalk is more intuitive and I never had to take eyes off the road to find it. Now maybe I'll get there with these buttons . . . .

(And my wife, who said for years she never got the point of cars, has changed her tune after losing her toyota hybrid and gaining the 2017S).
Nice.

The S3xY button company is working on stalks.

Reactions: ATL67 and dsm363

One week in and wow.

Congrats and well played. I to passed off my previous Tesla to the misses and avoid letting her try mine for fears she will resent the gift lol.

• Funny
Reactions: ATL67 and SO16

One week in and wow.

Congrats. I'm coming from a 2012 and just got same car you did basically. Range and charging speed will definitely make travel much easier.

One week in and wow.

Hoping to pickup a Plaid at Mt. Kisco this weekend. Put the deposit down on an existing inventory White on White plaid with 19"sThe transfer of FUSC also did it for me. I've been tempted several times, but I think it's time to jump out of my good old and trusty MS 60D and treat myself with the insanity that is the Plaid.