Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3095.jpeg

Took delivery of this solid black MSP a few days early, service center had the car ready. Pretty awesome, so many improvements from my 2020. Headlights, cameras, and the interior. Very happy with the delivery as well.

Hi, I picked up a model s plaid ultra red today. Ordered May 23, 2023. Got a VIN assigned about a week later and delivery scheduled for June 11. Locked in financing earlier at 3.99%. Tesla then dropped inventory pricing by $5,000. I saw a vehicle in inventory that had the exact same specs minus the yoke. Called Tesla to change my VIN to the inventory car which after some investigation on their part regarding whether I would get the discounted price and keep 3.99% financing, they were able to assign me to the inventory VIN.

Early today I got a message about pick up. Ubered to the Tesla dealership. Walked around until I found the car. It had a card with my name and pick up time on it. Walked around did inspection then had to accept delivery on the app to get inside and inspect interior. Build quality was great with no issues. The screen cover on the main screen was dirty but i peeled that off and screen itself was perfect. Then drove off in the new ride.

What blew my mind was on a $120k vehicle I had 0 contact with a SA on delivery. Not even a welcome let me walk you to your car and show you stuff. Actually since I ordered online I had 0 contact with anyone at tesla except text messages reminding me to proceed with steps in the app and the phone call i made to get new VIN assigned. Good thing Tesla makes amazing vehicles because the customer service experience leaves a lot to be desired. Very happy with the car.

Hi, I picked up a model s plaid ultra red today. Ordered May 23, 2023. Got a VIN assigned about a week later and delivery scheduled for June 11. Locked in financing earlier at 3.99%. Tesla then dropped inventory pricing by $5,000. I saw a vehicle in inventory that had the exact same specs minus the yoke. Called Tesla to change my VIN to the inventory car which after some investigation on their part regarding whether I would get the discounted price and keep 3.99% financing, they were able to assign me to the inventory VIN.

Early today I got a message about pick up. Ubered to the Tesla dealership. Walked around until I found the car. It had a card with my name and pick up time on it. Walked around did inspection then had to accept delivery on the app to get inside and inspect interior. Build quality was great with no issues. The screen cover on the main screen was dirty but i peeled that off and screen itself was perfect. Then drove off in the new ride.

What blew my mind was on a $120k vehicle I had 0 contact with a SA on delivery. Not even a welcome let me walk you to your car and show you stuff. Actually since I ordered online I had 0 contact with anyone at tesla except text messages reminding me to proceed with steps in the app and the phone call i made to get new VIN assigned. Good thing Tesla makes amazing vehicles because the customer service experience leaves a lot to be desired. Very happy with the car.

Yes, this is Elon Musk all over. He really despises contact with people directly. Everything's supposed to be done through a computer in his mind. The company reflects that. Hopefully they'll soon get some more level heads in there that will do that. Brilliant man, genius really. Company wouldn't exist without him. But, they need some people with adult level emotional capacity to step in now.

Reactions: Thurro!
That’s one of the reasons I love Tesla. The whole process is efficient and just works. I’d rather not have any contact and don’t need a SA to walk me to my car. My name on the front windshield works for me.
No contact means a quick and simple pick up. The days of spending hours at car dealerships with sales people trying to sell me extended warranties, wheel/tire protection packages etc. are happily in the past.
** Love the color; it looks great.. cheers

Last edited:
This. The engineer-geek in me prefers as little human interaction as possible when purchasing a vehicle. Typically, I know more about the car than the people selling them, and I may be a better mechanic than many of the folks they pay to service them.

No one takes better care of my junk than I do.

No humans involved when picking up the car: Awesome!!!

This said, I had a salesperson/service agent walk me around the car when I picked up my Tesla, and she was both knowledgeable and efficient. In and out.

Joe

That’s one of the reasons I love Tesla. The whole process is efficient and just works. I’d rather not have any contact and don’t need a SA to walk me to my car. My name on the front windshield works for me.
No contact means a quick and simple pick up. The days of spending hours at car dealerships with sales people trying to sell me extended warranties, wheel/tire protection packages etc. are happily in the past.
** Love the color; it looks great.. cheers

Can you tell me about new headlights. I was trying to search but couldn’t find anything on improved lights.

Forgot about that. MASSIVE improvement from the prior gen, but those were incredibly bad headlights to begin with. Compared to Porsche's PDLS (I had a '17 Carrera S and a GT3) the new headlights are really, really good. Shaper cutoff and better lighting pattern throughout.

Reactions: Mayer
I'm trading my 20 MSLR for a '23 tomorrow. I am only trading mine because of the 3 years free unlimited supercharging because of the amount of driving I do and partially because of the new tech. I am the opposite of some of you in that I haven't been happy about not being able to speak to someone on the phone or the level of customer service on a damn near 6 figure car. I have worked on cars my whole life (not what I do for a living tho) and have done motor swaps, modded suspensions, 1 off exhaust designs, custom turbo applications, etc. - so I get why some of you have said you don't want/don't care for human contact b/c you know more than the sale/tech ppl. Maybe i'm just old, but I prefer some kind of contact. I don't care for doing the entire transaction through an app and text messaging. Thank God I was able to reach someone at the SC that knew what they were talking about b/c I was thinking about saying f it. . .

Forgot about that. MASSIVE improvement from the prior gen, but those were incredibly bad headlights to begin with. Compared to Porsche's PDLS (I had a '17 Carrera S and a GT3) the new headlights are really, really good. Shaper cutoff and better lighting pattern throughout.
Just in looking at the design, the ones on my 2020 were just an LED with a reflective base so the beam just scattered. The new design has an actual lens so the light is 'broken up' across the road. I am looking forward to taking delivery of mine tomorrow so I can examine it and see the changes/updates made.

Reactions: henderrj
I'm trading my 20 MSLR for a '23 tomorrow. I am only trading mine because of the 3 years free unlimited supercharging because of the amount of driving I do and partially because of the new tech. I am the opposite of some of you in that I haven't been happy about not being able to speak to someone on the phone or the level of customer service on a damn near 6 figure car. I have worked on cars my whole life (not what I do for a living tho) and have done motor swaps, modded suspensions, 1 off exhaust designs, custom turbo applications, etc. - so I get why some of you have said you don't want/don't care for human contact b/c you know more than the sale/tech ppl. Maybe i'm just old, but I prefer some kind of contact. I don't care for doing the entire transaction through an app and text messaging. Thank God I was able to reach someone at the SC that knew what they were talking about b/c I was thinking about saying f it. . .
I too found the sales rep from a SC to be a tremendous help; located the exact vehicle I wanted and will hopefully have it Tuesday.
Good luck tomorrow!

Reactions: Thurro!
It's my first ev. Picked up a 6/23 build date in Long Beach a few days ago to enjoy the incentives. My buddy who owned a 2021 really tried hard to dissuade me from purchase as I'm auto OCD as is he, but I had to scratch the itch. He bought his $150K and traded it in a couple of months ago at $85K (normal miles, first owner). Yeehaw!

First impressions

*MSP in all black is better looking to me than any Taycan save for the GTS wagon
*Power is unreal, but already knew of it since my anti-MSP buddy let me test drive his 2021
*I love all the trappings ev life brings, but it's the world class Usain Bolt straight line speed w/ a Rolls Royce NVH that sold me (I have yet to go beyond 1/2 throttle)

I set a low build quality bar just based on friends who own it + forum chatter. I'm coming in mentally prepared. Just in day three, I noticed a 1st world prob noise.

I'm still awash in new car glow, but we'll see how I end up. This experience will make or break my future as a Tesla customer.

Thanks, ya'll!

IMG_2479.jpeg

IMG_2477.jpeg