Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's my first ev. Picked up a 6/23 build date in Long Beach a few days ago to enjoy the incentives. My buddy who owned a 2021 really tried hard to dissuade me from purchase as I'm auto OCD as is he, but I had to scratch the itch. He bought his $150K and traded it in a couple of months ago at $85K (normal miles, first owner). Yeehaw!

First impressions

*MSP in all black is better looking to me than any Taycan save for the GTS wagon
*Power is unreal, but already knew of it since my anti-MSP buddy let me test drive his 2021
*I love all the trappings ev life brings, but it's the world class Usain Bolt straight line speed w/ a Rolls Royce NVH that sold me (I have yet to go beyond 1/2 throttle)

I set a low build quality bar just based on friends who own it + forum chatter. I'm coming in mentally prepared. Just in day three, I noticed a 1st world prob noise.

I'm still awash in new car glow, but we'll see how I end up. This experience will make or break my future as a Tesla customer.

Thanks, ya'll!

View attachment 952484

View attachment 952483

Any 80 mph vibration in pedal on highway?

I picked up my 2023 SLR Ultra Red on June 9th and about a month later it needed a manual front camera alignment but Telsa came to my office and completed it in 1-1/2 hours. No fuss or real inconvenience.

I absolutely love the thing, I can’t believe I waited as long as I did to get One. I purchased despite everyone I know telling me EV’s were a mistake or sacrifice to use and drive. My experience has been the complete opposite. I have many long 4 hour trips behind me, commuting and 3,000 miles on the car already. I own many cars and have owed many over the years, it’s been a long time since a car made we want to find a reason to just drive it. No regrets.

I picked up my 2023 SLR Ultra Red on June 9th and about a month later it needed a manual front camera alignment but Telsa came to my office and completed it in 1-1/2 hours. No fuss or real inconvenience.

I absolutely love the thing, I can’t believe I waited as long as I did to get One. I purchased despite everyone I know telling me EV’s were a mistake or sacrifice to use and drive. My experience has been the complete opposite. I have many long 4 hour trips behind me, commuting and 3,000 miles on the car already. I own many cars and have owed many over the years, it’s been a long time since a car made we want to find a reason to just drive it. No regrets.
My experience has been similar. Flawless car that I love.

The delivery experience was not the best. Pretty car though!

IMG_0676.jpeg

Picked up this 2016 75D in Titanium Metallic about 10 days ago. Washed, clay bar, and applied ceramic coat. Color is very polarizing. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments but also received some “why did you get this color?” comments. View attachment 961388
Not sure what is polarizing about a grey car but I think it looks great. Congrats

Sold my 2021 plaid and picked up a 2023. I really like the new Ultimate Red. The ‘21 was the tricoat red. More solid build no squeaks or rattles. The tilt screen is nice to have. The matrix headlights are a major improvement. FSD transfer worked. Do have 2 issues though. AC not cooling as well as the ’21 and the rear spoiler is not firmally affixed on one side.

IMG_2115.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg
IMG_2090.jpeg
IMG_2096.jpeg

Sold my 2021 plaid and picked up a 2023. I really like the new Ultimate Red. The ‘21 was the tricoat red. More solid build no squeaks or rattles. The tilt screen is nice to have. The matrix headlights are a major improvement. FSD transfer worked. Do have 2 issues though. AC not cooling as well as the ’21 and the rear spoiler is not firmally affixed on one side.
Very nice. I like the revised taillights SO much better than the original.

View attachment 964356View attachment 964357View attachment 964359View attachment 964358
Gorgeous car- enjoy it in good health!

I have many long 4 hour trips behind me, commuting and 3,000 miles on the car already. I own many cars and have owed many over the years, it’s been a long time since a car made we want to find a reason to just drive it. No regrets.
I’ve had mine for 2 years and love it as much today as I did when I got it. I’ve done 4 2500+ mile road trips in the past year and were all flawless (not including 1 speeding ticket.) Car now has 32k miles 🍻

Reactions: SMLBound
Few months into a 2014 Model S P85+ (non AP1). Biggest takeaway so far: 21" Turbines look sweet, but WOW are they louder than the 19" Slipstreams (bought w/ a set of each). This sent me down a rabbit hole of threads eventually concluding at: pick your poison - looks or basically everything else lol. Otherwise things have been great, just feels great to drive in general and I love the white with black accents.

Ending ominously, just started hearing a rattle that over a few days has gotten much worse in front-right wheel well. This has sent me down another rabbit hole of TSBs and threads, hoping it's something simple like sway-bar I might do myself after watching some YT vids 🤞

In general, in a few short months have learned a ton from this forum and gotten some great tips, so just wanted to say thanks. Cheers & happy driving 🍻

Attachments

• model-s-charging.jpg
    model-s-charging.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: AMPd and ICUDoc

View attachment 964356View attachment 964357View attachment 964359View attachment 964358

New member here … thank you for posting these real world pics, this is the exact plaid spec I just ordered with the white interior, and you validated my color choice. :)

What a beauty! Exact spec I want to get, great pics!

Picked up this 2016 75D in Titanium Metallic about 10 days ago. Washed, clay bar, and applied ceramic coat. Color is very polarizing. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments but also received some “why did you get this color?” comments. View attachment 961388
looking good !!! the pic is funny, it's so california, there is either a tesla or a toyota in the shot; :D