Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow
FYI I had a friend that parked their Lexus outside in a wooded area. One day there were ants everywhere!
She tried everything she could find online to get rid of them. She finally traded the car!
Congrats on your new S!

I was half paying attention to my wife and half trying to marvel at the car. The all white walls and floors made for a nice contrast to look at the vehicles. I was sad to see it drive off but then I saw it reappear next door. In all of the commotion, they forgot my swag bag and are shipping it to me. I'm only 4 miles from the service center so I would have happily driven over but I'm sure it's to minimize any...annoyance, perhaps?

I had that "butterflies in the stomach" feeling as I accelerated on the main road towards my house. Niiiice...

It's about 48 hours until my rescheduled delivery. I emailed and called my DS yesterday to get a status update as to whether or not the car had arrived in Decatur(Atlanta). No response so far which is probably not a good thing.

It's now been four weeks since the car shipped.

I just took delivery of mine yesterday in Decatur! My assigned DS was not actually at that store (Frank), so you could probably contact anyone there for an update. Someone else mentioned this, but all the stores in the area share staff so it's possible your DS won't even be there (like mine wasn't)

I just took delivery of my 90D last night in Decatur, GA. I had been quite jealous of all the other east coasters who had confirmed after me but got their cars before me :confused:. Even Cali folks already had their cars! :(

My assigned DS was not there (he's usually at the Marietta store) but the young woman who took me through the car was great. Of course I mostly knew everything already, but it was great to ask every random question that popped in my head (what's the max regen rate?) and get a full detailed tour of the car and the screen. Having saved and drooled over a Tesla for 5 years I thought I knew everything, but I was surprised how helpful that introduction was. The whole process took about 2 hours, with over an hour for the intro. I've heard horror stories about the stores being very busy and the deliveries being rushed. Supposedly they delivered 11 cars yesterday and I was at the end of the day, but they weren't rushing me during the intro which was great.

I know there have been issues with alignment, scratches, and residue, so I went over everything slowly and carefully but hardly found anything. The only issue I found is a small misalignment on the passenger-side rear door. It might not even be worth getting fixed but at this price I expect borderline perfection. Everything else seemed great.

The app took about 6 hours to activate (same for the Slacker credentials).

I got a nice bag of swag! An umbrella, pen, lapel pin, and coffee mug. I wish I could have taken pictures, but it was dark and rainy, so maybe later.

I got the all-glass roof which is ballin', and the acceleration on the regular, non-P D is straight fire.

Overall I was not blown away with Decatur, but nothing went wrong and everything met my expectations (which are admittedly high) so I give them one thumb up :cool:

Agree,
I picked mine up yesterday and got it home and notices scratches in the hood and roof. Thought it was just wax marks however when I looked closer you can tell they are light scratches. I then looked over the car and noticed a few more paint imperfections. I think the last detail was a little rushed, so this got missed. I have called the dealership twice and left messages however they have not called back.
Just an update;
So after not receiving a call back I went in and they told me to bring in the car to the service center in Rocklin on Monday. I showed them the paint scratches and got a loaner (no Tesla, just a small Jeep Cherokee). I will say the service department was great. They have gone out of their way to try to make a bad situation good; and have called me every day to give me an update and ensure me they will make this right.

After looking at the car the Tesla detail staff needed to send it out to a body shop for a small dent and some scratches . Funny thing I was able to track my car over to the body shop up until about 5pm yesterday. I then get a message that the "mobile app access has been turned off". Not to be parinoid, however seems weird that at 5pm 2 days after I drop my car off this happens and not at Tesla. Just seemed a little strange, but I guess that is normal.

All in all, I really like the car, however this has not been my best new car buying experience. And again the service guy has really been great about understanding my frustration and trying to make it right, it just is what it is and I hope I will be able to put this behind me soon.

All choked up
DSC04948.JPG

I just took delivery of my 90D last night in Decatur, GA. I had been quite jealous of all the other east coasters who had confirmed after me but got their cars before me :confused:. Even Cali folks already had their cars! :(

My assigned DS was not there (he's usually at the Marietta store) but the young woman who took me through the car was great. Of course I mostly knew everything already, but it was great to ask every random question that popped in my head (what's the max regen rate?) and get a full detailed tour of the car and the screen. Having saved and drooled over a Tesla for 5 years I thought I knew everything, but I was surprised how helpful that introduction was. The whole process took about 2 hours, with over an hour for the intro. I've heard horror stories about the stores being very busy and the deliveries being rushed. Supposedly they delivered 11 cars yesterday and I was at the end of the day, but they weren't rushing me during the intro which was great.

I know there have been issues with alignment, scratches, and residue, so I went over everything slowly and carefully but hardly found anything. The only issue I found is a small misalignment on the passenger-side rear door. It might not even be worth getting fixed but at this price I expect borderline perfection. Everything else seemed great.

The app took about 6 hours to activate (same for the Slacker credentials).

I got a nice bag of swag! An umbrella, pen, lapel pin, and coffee mug. I wish I could have taken pictures, but it was dark and rainy, so maybe later.

I got the all-glass roof which is ballin', and the acceleration on the regular, non-P D is straight fire.

Overall I was not blown away with Decatur, but nothing went wrong and everything met my expectations (which are admittedly high) so I give them one thumb up :cool:

Congratulations on receiving your car. It's so good to hear your delivery went smooth.

My delivery is scheduled in Decatur for tomorrow at 11AM. This is actually a second attempt to take dilevery since last week the car had not arrrived as anticipated. As of yesterday morning they still had not received the car at the store. I've got my fingers crossed they wont call and reschedule again.

I haven't had a chance to write up my delivery story. I took delivery at Highland Park IL (I live <1 mile from this location). I took delivery on Friday Dec 23 at 11am. We arrived twenty minutes early and waited for a half hour. This location is slammed with deliveries. There were at least 50 cars in their lot that were still wrapped with the white vinyl wrap waiting to be detailed prior to delivery. Our DS, James, took us into their delivery room and we saw their delivery team putting the finishing touches on our car. While they did the final detailing we signed the paperwork and got our swag bag (one set of the usual stuff despite the fact it is my wife and I's car and our family has been there together throughout). We have already apportioned the swag and I stuck my wife with the pin.

Then we were brought to the car and my wife got the basic rundown. I sat in the back and marveled at the all glass roof. We were itching to get going (as our 1 year old daughter was overdue for a nap), so I took our leaf and my wife got to enjoy the S on our short ride back home. There the car sat until Wednesday when it went for XPEL wrapping and coating. I get the car back tomorrow at 1pm and I will really enjoy putting it through its paces. When I finally got to drive it to the detailing shop I noticed it got to 95mph without any effort. Unlike my LEAF, it is quite large but still glided with that classic effortless EV acceleration. I love almost everything about the car except the sight lines (the car is so wide and the mirrors are so narrow).

The delivery experience at HP Tesla was a bit less than we expected but they ensured the car was delivered in great shape. We had one issue with the window insulation rubber not fitting. I will call the SC and make an appointment. Nothing else seems awry. The tires are overinflated to 55psi (except the rear passenger side which was at 48psi). My DS entered something into the system so the app worked 5 minutes before we even drove off with the car. All in all, it was a great experience despite it being close to the holidays and only getting one set of swag (and no Tesla hats or t-shirts which we would've proudly worn but I can't believe we are asked to buy when other locations seemingly give them away at both order and delivery). I am going to acquire a hat eventually for my father in law and father but we'll need to visit a retail location first.

I have not detected any other issues. The detailing guys' initial impression was that the paint was in great shape and Tesla HP did a (relatively) good job ensuring they did not have to do a lot of paint correction. Kudos to them and the entire crew at Tesla HP (and the Fremont factory).

Reactions: DarylS2001
I haven't had a chance to write up my delivery story. I took delivery at Highland Park IL (I live <1 mile from this location). I took delivery on Friday Dec 23 at 11am. We arrived twenty minutes early and waited for a half hour. This location is slammed with deliveries. There were at least 50 cars in their lot that were still wrapped with the white vinyl wrap waiting to be detailed prior to delivery. Our DS, James, took us into their delivery room and we saw their delivery team putting the finishing touches on our car. While they did the final detailing we signed the paperwork and got our swag bag (one set of the usual stuff despite the fact it is my wife and I's car and our family has been there together throughout). We have already apportioned the swag and I stuck my wife with the pin.

Then we were brought to the car and my wife got the basic rundown. I sat in the back and marveled at the all glass roof. We were itching to get going (as our 1 year old daughter was overdue for a nap), so I took our leaf and my wife got to enjoy the S on our short ride back home. There the car sat until Wednesday when it went for XPEL wrapping and coating. I get the car back tomorrow at 1pm and I will really enjoy putting it through its paces. When I finally got to drive it to the detailing shop I noticed it got to 95mph without any effort. Unlike my LEAF, it is quite large but still glided with that classic effortless EV acceleration. I love almost everything about the car except the sight lines (the car is so wide and the mirrors are so narrow).

The delivery experience at HP Tesla was a bit less than we expected but they ensured the car was delivered in great shape. We had one issue with the window insulation rubber not fitting. I will call the SC and make an appointment. Nothing else seems awry. The tires are overinflated to 55psi (except the rear passenger side which was at 48psi). My DS entered something into the system so the app worked 5 minutes before we even drove off with the car. All in all, it was a great experience despite it being close to the holidays and only getting one set of swag (and no Tesla hats or t-shirts which we would've proudly worn but I can't believe we are asked to buy when other locations seemingly give them away at both order and delivery). I am going to acquire a hat eventually for my father in law and father but we'll need to visit a retail location first.

I have not detected any other issues. The detailing guys' initial impression was that the paint was in great shape and Tesla HP did a (relatively) good job ensuring they did not have to do a lot of paint correction. Kudos to them and the entire crew at Tesla HP (and the Fremont factory).

Congratulations on your Tesla! I will get my delivery at this same HP Chicago location soon. And I am looking for Xpel wrap too. Do you mind sharing the place info where you are getting the Xpel wrap from? I am looking for recommendations in the Chicago area.

Congratulations on your Tesla! I will get my delivery at this same HP Chicago location soon. And I am looking for Xpel wrap too. Do you mind sharing the place info where you are getting the Xpel wrap from? I am looking for recommendations in the Chicago area.

Thanks. I got my car wrapped at Chicago Auto Pros. in Glenview. They were great, really top notch work. Their customer service was as good as their work. Their prices were about what I see for good quality work. I wish it was cheaper but with Tesla's paint, it makes sense to avoid issues in the Chicago area. Good luck with your delivery! I am very pleased with my car and Tesla will address the few minor issues that popped up. Hopefully when you get your car HW2 AP will be enabled.

• Informative
Reactions: cmd_keen
Took ownership of my midnight blue 75d model S on Thursday. Unbelievable. People have asked me what I think and literally all I can say is unbelievable. The delivery experience with the personalized welcome, gift bag, walk through, all the way down to when I drove it home from Burbank was unbelievable. Best purchase I've ever made.

Reactions: EdA
Well,
My Friday delivery went fairly easy.
It was the paperwork up until then.
Each time I talked to the ins company,
I got a different answer...
I did not know that you can't talk to anyone at my bank without an appointment either.
Both times they asked me if I could do it online (I look oldish and computer illiterate perhaps?)
So I went home both times and did it online...
Tesla was good through all this.
Giving me suggestions and showing mercy when I forgot the 2nd key fob for my trade in.
(I drove it in the next day, great excuse to drive my new car!)
So Saturday was NY eve and drove to the supercharger near where our friends were having a party.
Center console froze. twice. first time restarted the car, worked fine.
2nd time no luck. So started driving while my wife was googling the problem.
Found out about pressing steering wheel buttons. Got it to work.
While Nav was frozen though, it said I was doing 75 KM/H (about 45 mph).
Thought that wasn't quite right. Once I restarted I was now going 120 KM/H (cruise control that whole time)
Little weird, but I'm used to freezing computers (not so much since win 7)
Drove on autopilot on the highway, snowing lightly but not enuf to hide the lines.
LOVED IT!
Driving home next day after a big dump of snow was interesting.
The all seasons were up to it, but should prob get winters due to possibility of ICE. (the weather not the cars)
Couldn't auto pilot, but cruise was still a pleasure.
Range was brutal with the heat on just enuf to take the edge off.
I had to stop off at IKEA for about 45 min or so (FAT BURGER my last meal before NY dieting)
Saw a red Tesla there!
One complaint,
car really isn't insulated enough, and where's the rest of my door?
Not a good seal, air whistling past.
I did wear heavy socks having read the threads of cold weather driving.
Miles ahead of the Smart electric drive. Literally would have took 2 days to drive back.
We are part of history friends.
Now I have to get a job so I can double up payments and get a model 3 for my wife.
She likes a smaller car (her neon was her fav. Though she liked driving the smart).
Mostly I mentioned problems. Non was insurmountable, I didn't mention the pleasure
of such good handling and feeling of safety even in snow drifts that the battery pack had to flatten.
The ONLY thing I disliked during delivery it was in a parkade and I couldn't see the paint well.
Very knowledgeable DS, (I stumped him once or twice a couple months ago, but he has since stumped me more).
I wasn't going to buy the S,
but since you only live once,
Should live it in a Tesla!
My wife can sell it when I die.
I will drive this car til then, or I can't see anymore, or they come out with a Tesla Motorhome ;)

P.S. It's a Black 60D sunroof, cold weather package, beautiful new face, and charge ports and cup holders in the back! There is 6 that I have found, and the 2 of us Used them all!

I took delivery on December 30th at the Decatur Georgia showroom. The delivery was very smooth. The staff were delivering 17 cars that day. There must've been 40 cars on the lot. The DS that helped me was very thorough. She spent about an hour going over virtually every aspect of the car and answering my questions. The paperwork process took about 15 minutes. The total delivery time was about an hour and a half.

I did discover a few trim allignment issues. I was told the service department would be reaching out to me this week to set up an appointment to address these issues.

I admit I was very nervous driving home since traffic was very heavy. It felt as if I had a bull's-eye on me and every other crazy driver on the road was taking aim at me. After driving the car for a few days I feel very comfortable behind the wheel and absolutely love the car.

Looks like its finally time to retire the old Mercedes.

IMG_4218.JPG
IMG_4236 2.JPG

IMG_4239 2.JPG