Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
// First post guys!

I just got my P85DL upgraded to a P90DL and my battery model is ASY,HV BATTERY,90KWH,SX (1088790-00-A). How would I know if it's a V3 or V4?

Thanks in advance guys!
What was the replacement for? Did they offer the 90 or did they go to that option after being unable to find an 85 with Ludicrous? I just had my battery replaced and they put a normal 85kw battery in and Im now only seeing 414kw. They are currently looking for the right battery and I’m hoping I end up with an newer 90kw battery. Do you have powertools? What kind of power are you getting after the upgrade?

What was the replacement for? Did they offer the 90 or did they go to that option after being unable to find an 85 with Ludicrous? I just had my battery replaced and they put a normal 85kw battery in and Im now only seeing 414kw. They are currently looking for the right battery and I’m hoping I end up with an newer 90kw battery. Do you have powertools? What kind of power are you getting after the upgrade?

My 85luda pack randomly stopped working to where the vehicle wouldn't even turn on. They initially stated they were replacing it with a remanufactured 85luda pack, but I asked for a new 90luda pack and they gave it to me on account of the fact that the 85 replacement was a standard 85 instead of an 85luda. It sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I'd request the 90luda and see if they will do it for you.

I did not do any of the replacement myself. What are you using to see power output?

My 85luda pack randomly stopped working to where the vehicle wouldn't even turn on. They initially stated they were replacing it with a remanufactured 85luda pack, but I asked for a new 90luda pack and they gave it to me on account of the fact that the 85 replacement was a standard 85 instead of an 85luda. It sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I'd request the 90luda and see if they will do it for you.

I did not do any of the replacement myself. What are you using to see power output?

I asked about the 90 this time and they told me it would only be if they can’t find an 85, so we shall see.

If you have iOS powertools is what I use to see power output.

New member to the forums here. Bought a 2015 P90DL CPO 2 weeks ago with a V1 battery before discovering the threads about v1's having degradation and power output issues. Having done a 350 mile each way road trip last weekend I've been very disappointed with the range. Struggling to get under 400wh/mile and about 180/possibly 190 miles of range. It was around 0°C. Is this normal?

Car was showing 243 miles of range when I picked it up at 99% SOC but this seems to be based on using only 300-310 wh/mile which I can't get at any kind of normal driving speed. I should add to the above post that the 180 to 190 mile range is with climate off, battery preheated driving very very conservatively

Car was showing 243 miles of range when I picked it up at 99% SOC but this seems to be based on using only 300-310 wh/mile which I can't get at any kind of normal driving speed. I should add to the above post that the 180 to 190 mile range is with climate off, battery preheated driving very very conservatively
I have a P90DL 2015, not sure what version it is but the details of my range are at post 179 of this thread.

btw, I'm still glad I have a P90D, I'd buy it again - better than a newer 75. Don;t stress.

Rated range in the US is based directly off the EPA test. Either you got a relabled 100 pack, or your rated is not our rated. I would kill for 300 miles of rated range.
Rates range is totally unrealistic in the UK where I am (And all of Europe too I guess) as far as I know it's based on NEDC rather than EPA. They must get their figures driving down a mountain with a tailwind on a summer day I think!

I have a P90DL 2015, not sure what version it is but the details of my range are at post 179 of this thread.

btw, I'm still glad I have a P90D, I'd buy it again - better than a newer 75. Don;t stress.
I have the same battery pack as you do. What real world range do you typically expect? I haven't checked my 100% rated range but think it's just over 300 miles

Real world driving: combination of highway and city - with the AC always on, range mode off, staggered 21 wheels. My range is just under 400 klms - varies with temperature 380-400klms.

Typically rated is as I said on the other post about 100klm higher than Rated range.

Also, can you confirm what version battery I have?

Real world driving: combination of highway and city - with the AC always on, range mode off, staggered 21 wheels. My range is just under 400 klms - varies with temperature 380-400klms.

Typically rated is as I said on the other post about 100klm higher than Rated range.

Also, can you confirm what version battery I have?
You have a V1 battery. Your real world range is what I expected when I bought the car and would seem in line with typical range displayed so hopefully when spring comes and it warms up I see a big improvement. I have staggered 21's too.

My specifications are:
Model S P90DL
Facelift, AP1
40.000 km
Built: June or July 2016
Battery: 1071941-00-C

My typical range (European Version!) fell from about 420 km to now 370 km. The German SeC asks me to wait a few months an do some charges 0 - 100 %, it will geht better. I am very sceptical about it. A first full charge 2 % to 100 % in only 4 km more. Are there any European drivers with the same problem? And did you get a battery replacement? Any suggestions, what to do?

I don't know if it'll helps but I had taken my car in with a slow Supercharging/battery concern, but they said it was fine. The next time I took it in not even a month later for loud wind noise- I drove like I stole the car on the way to the service center(Hard acc and then let go of pedal to regen and repeat) to get the battery nice and warm for when they check supercharging speeds and mentioned my battery concerns again. A few hours later I got a text that they were ordering a warranty replacement pack after looking at the car logs(got a 75 refab pack that's displaying 400km at 100%)

Regardless that range is shocking, I know performance cars chug a lot more juice, but at 71k miles my S70D showed ~233mi(276km)@ 100% from 240mi when new and I was commonly getting an actual 200+ miles per charge(home charger busted and Supercharged when low for about the month before the visit).

They fixed the glass seal for free which was really nice of them since I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

Thanks.

If your regenerative braking is set to low it will adversely affect your range too - might be worth checking.
Regen isn't on low and I'd read everything I could about extending range before the trip so had done everything reasonably possible to get max range. The last 90 miles of the journey home I got down to 360wh/mile. The temp was up to about 6or7°C by then so don't know if that's what helped

Rated
2016 (502 klms/ 312 miles @ 18C/ 64 F) &,
2018 (479 klms/ 297 miles @ 27 C/ 81 F)

Typical
2016 (401klm @ 18C/64F)
2017 (403 klm @ 22C/71F) ****
2018 (381 @ 27C/81F)

***** Strangely my typical range increased in 2017. I put this down to 2 possibilities: 1 there was a temperature increase; or, it was relying on data from a different style of driving that I had been doing prior to the test.

That's why it's always better to use rated capacity, because it gives a consistent measurement from year to year and the only varying factor is temperature. It's the best way to measure whether your battery is deteriorating.

I no longer measure my Typical Range annually because its largely on the style of driving I am doing before it makes the calculation.

Attachments

• Tesla Battery Rated-Capacity 2017.jpg
    Tesla Battery Rated-Capacity 2017.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 79