Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both my L upgraded 85 packs were replaced.

I've re-read your posts. I haven't seen any indication by you that they replaced your batteries proactively because you exceeded 2500 WOT launches. I'm easily near 10,000 WOT launches in 70K miles on my original battery.

It's down about 15 to 20KW from it's peak since it was upgraded to Ludicrous but it's still pulling 1535 amps so it's not a software induced power reduction, just age.

I plan to complain about it if the power drops further since I'm not getting the power I paid for when I upgraded to Ludicrous...not to even mention the fact that I never got anywhere near close to 691 hp even after the L upgrade :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
Just picked up a P90DL cpo v1 battery 32k miles. 235 miles on a full charge (lifetime average 330wh/mi and max recorded output of 430kw. I am going to do a couple of complete discharges to check. What are the chances of getting a replacement?

i kind of feel like there are so few p90ds out an about at this time, tesla might be more open to battery swaps. it did not take much for me to trigger the battery warning, honestly i dont even feel like i was driving the car all that hard.

i would just say dont think about the battery and just drive the car around. 430kw is still super fun.

Just picked up a P90DL cpo v1 battery 32k miles. 235 miles on a full charge (lifetime average 330wh/mi and max recorded output of 430kw. I am going to do a couple of complete discharges to check. What are the chances of getting a replacement?

...what are the chances of you getting them to take it back.

It's one thing to have degradation after you bought and have owned it for a while although I'd be screaming bloody murder at 32K miles with 21% degradation.

It's something else entirely for them to sell you a CPO (as good as new) car with that much degradation. Are you sure that isn't a 90% charge?

Reactions: PhilDavid
...what are the chances of you getting them to take it back.

It's one thing to have degradation after you bought and have owned it for a while although I'd be screaming bloody murder at 32K miles with 21% degradation.

It's something else entirely for them to sell you a CPO (as good as new) car with that much degradation. Are you sure that isn't a 90% charge?

That must be 90%... Mine was 236 at 90% and about 264 at 100% after 28k miles.

I have completed charged it 3 times since picking it up. I have never seen over 238miles on a full charge. 85%soc and have used 10kwh today. When I started off this morning It was 100%soc. 100%soc/15%soc* 10kwh= 66.67kwh usable. Does the math seem to be right to everyone?

After driving 1-2 miles this am. I started this to confirm I was at 100%soc.

Attachments

• E8201903-67C2-405E-9133-0D4E08E12C62.jpeg
    E8201903-67C2-405E-9133-0D4E08E12C62.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka
After driving 1-2 miles this am. I started this to confirm I was at 100%soc.

I would ask them to replace with a V3 battery or take the car back.

You paid extra for a P90D so if you are not getting that range, what's the point? Also what if you continue to have further degradation?

Also have you thought how difficult that car would be sell if you ever decide to sell it? People are going to ask the battery version and they are going to run away when you tell them the version and 100% range.

P85Ds are just as fun but with a more reliable battery and you can buy one for the mid 50s. I honestly would not buy a V1 or V2 P90D for the reasons I just gave.

Reactions: yak-55