Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have only had my Tesla 3 for a couple of weeks & of course I am delighted with it. My wife unlike myself parks always going forwards; I quickly became suspicious of it & got my wife to walk slowly towards the car & when she was actually touching it, it showed her to be one foot away! Has anyone else had a silmilar problem?

Just to flesh out Leejmoff's response, you will notice that your car does not have the ultra sonic sensors [USS] that you have been used to in every other vehicle. It is a very recent change by Tesla to all new vehicles. They now rely on Tesla Vision [TV] - which is currently very unreliable and a software update to improve it is due "shortly" ["TeslaTime" :D , see also references to Pinocchio ] which in the real world means a time unknown!

Searches for threads with these details will take you to many tales of woe. Basically err on the side of safety if you value your NCB.

• Funny
Reactions: Leejmoff
I have only had my Tesla 3 for a couple of weeks & of course I am delighted with it. My wife unlike myself parks always going forwards; I quickly became suspicious of it & got my wife to walk slowly towards the car & when she was actually touching it, it showed her to be one foot away! Has anyone else had a silmilar problem?
Consider yourself damn lucky you are on this forum after buying the best electric car - if you have read the threads related to Tesla vision - you would have got yourself the ‘Polestar’ or something the Germans make!

Reactions: M1tch