Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Party at Picnic Creek - 2016 - Sunday, July 31st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry you can't make it, @HankLloydRight. These things are no fun without the people!

Hey Bonnie, in 2011 my wife and son were driving through White Salmon WA and saw a Roadster...so you should have no problem making friends in your new home! (Yes, that's a joke).

I'm booked; looking forward to seeing people at TPaPC. I'll be driving my wife's Model S to the party from Reno, so if anybody is flying in to Reno for TMC Connect and needs a ride to Bonnie's, I am happy to take you there. Though, uh, I should warn you that I can't give you a ride back to Reno as I'll be heading the other way towards home when I leave her place, so maybe that is not so helpful.

Last edited:
As most of us know, what makes this forum great is the people. With that in mind, I've decided to be the point person to organize more "TMC"

1) Organized caravan between Connect at Reno, and Bonnie's party (actually Brianman will do most of this organizing, since he will drive)
2) potential booking of block of rooms at Larkspur Landing Hotel Sunday July 31st after Bonnie's party

I've called Larkspur Landing in Roseville. No charging at the hotel, but lots of options nearby.

Manager of hotel said they can save us a block of 10-15 rooms Sunday night for their Studio Suites (queen bed, full kitchen, bath, etc). Normal price is $139/night, but if we book together we can have get the discount rate of $99.

Here's hotel link:

Amenities - Larkspur Landing Extended Stay Hotel Roseville

Please let me know if you are interested. We can start the discussion here. If it gets out of hand and hijack's Bonnie's thread, I'll ask Admin to move to separate discussion.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sounds great to me. I had booked the Best Western Orchid Park Roseville as a default, but I'll switch it to the Larkspur if we get enough takers to make the discount.

Please count me in for the Reno to Bonnie-land convoy alomg with the Roseville hotel and let me know if I can be of assistance.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this.

Hi, Bonnie, I'm all signed up, thanks for making this happen. It all sounds good, but the concert should be excellent!

Btw- it is a treat to see vegetarian catering! While I usually don't starve, it's great to have non-meat choices and flavors without asking what is in every dish. I'm sure the carnivores can rustle a steer on the way over to your waiting grills.

Reactions: bonnie
As most of us know, what makes this forum great is the people. With that in mind, I've decided to be the point person to organize more "TMC"

1) Organized caravan between Connect at Reno, and Bonnie's party (actually Brianman will do most of this organizing, since he will drive)
2) potential booking of block of rooms at Larkspur Landing Hotel Sunday July 31st after Bonnie's party

I've called Larkspur Landing in Roseville. No charging at the hotel, but lots of options nearby.

Manager of hotel said they can save us a block of 10-15 rooms Sunday night for their Studio Suites (queen bed, full kitchen, bath, etc). Normal price is $139/night, but if we book together we can have get the discount rate of $99.

Here's hotel link:

Amenities - Larkspur Landing Extended Stay Hotel Roseville

Please let me know if you are interested. We can start the discussion here. If it gets out of hand and hijack's Bonnie's thread, I'll ask Admin to move to separate discussion.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Larkspur contacted me last night, I've filled out the paperwork and should have a discount code sometime today. Thanks @lorih for making this happen.

Hi, Bonnie, I'm all signed up, thanks for making this happen. It all sounds good, but the concert should be excellent!

Btw- it is a treat to see vegetarian catering! While I usually don't starve, it's great to have non-meat choices and flavors without asking what is in every dish. I'm sure the carnivores can rustle a steer on the way over to your waiting grills.

I'm always glad to do without meat (though I am still a carnivore). It's more a side dish these days than a requirement. But, yep, we will have grills waiting for those who desire meat.

At least this way, no one will feel they couldn't get a full plate of food. See you soon!

Thanks, but any number is fine. Small group, we'll have a good time. Large group, we'll have a good time. :)

Plenty of local EV folks and Bay area folks that won't be heading south & would rather get together on Sunday in a casual setting. Plus I'll have the PNW folks driving back from TMC Connect which should be wrapping up on Saturday.

And since I don't have a minimum # of attendees required to break even, if only 20 people show up, I'm still good. It looks like I might have a world-famous fiddler here (SWFiddler will be excited, he knows who it is), along with a great group of musicians. And several Tesla folks will be showing up to relax and have a good time.

It's all good, no matter what happens.
Any chance George B will be dropping by?