Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Party at Picnic Creek - 2016 - Sunday, July 31st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The local Safeway has (or had, last time I checked) Ginger beer from "Not Your Fathers'" brand (Small Town Brewery, La Crosse, WI). 5.9% alcohol. That the one? I can pick up some if there is a desire.
No! That stuff is not only "Not your Fathers" it shouldn't be anyone's. I've tried it, or at least Ginger Ale and Root Beer versions. It's spiced beer, a thing that does not need to exist.

Non-alcohol Ginger Beer, the more Ginger the better, preferably not too sweet, makes a fine Moscow Mule.

But it is a kind offer.

Last edited:
No! That stuff is not only "Not your Fathers" it shouldn't be anyone's. I've tried it, or at least Ginger Ale and Root Beer versions. It's spiced beer, a thing that does not need to exist.

Non-alcohol Ginger Beer, the more Ginger the better, preferably not too sweet, makes a fine Moscow Mule.

But it is a kind offer.

Ok, that does sound a lot better. The one from Safeway is a bit odd (sweet), though I didn't think it was all that bad. Maybe I have a sweet tooth...

Speaking of which, too bad we don't have a local outlet for Marianne's ice cream up here. They have a good ginger one. Santa Cruz local outfit... Probably wouldn't survive the trip.

Great idea :). I haven't figured out my flights yet, so just to clarify - I would stay Saturday night in Reno, catch a ride Sunday morning to Bonnie's, and then could I cab it (or catch a ride) to the Sacramento airport for a red-eye back home to the east coast?

Can't help you with flights, but we will do group ride leaving at noon. Find us, and I am sure someone will let you jump in their car to get to Bonnie's

Reactions: bonnie
Can't help you with flights, but we will do group ride leaving at noon. Find is, and I am sure someone will let you jump in their car to get to Bonnie's

I think I'm good :) It's taking me 5 flights on 3 airlines to manage work meetings on Tues and Wed, getting to RNO on Thursday and getting from SMF to BWI on the red-eye (which I totally hate, but for the last ever Tesla Party at Picnic Creek, it'll be worth it :) !!).
Looking forward to seeing everyone at TMC Connect, and thanks in advance for the ride to Bonnie's on Sunday.

@lorih - thanks for setting this up!

Reactions: Saxena and bonnie
For those staying for the Kevin Burke House Concert in the evening, this is where he'll be playing. Live music, under the stars. Magical.

11045457_10200644295986363_8852061241324043802_o.jpg