Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Standard Paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is ridiculous that a pearl white SR that wants AP later on down the line now cost more than a SR+ with AP included in the price already.

1500 color + 1000 drop price is a whopping $2500 vs the 1875 drop in tax rebate. But I guess history repeats itself...

Last edited:
This is great news. I have a pearl white that I bought in September. Now I know there will be more painted parts available for my car. New parts or wrecked car parts. Should be plenty available. Awesome! If I was concerned about my car being a special color then I certainly would have it wrapped or painted a non factory color.

Also My car gets software updates on a regular basis that make it a better car. I do not pay anything extra for those updates. Tesla needs to sell lots of cars and make money so they can continue to send me free software updates. So sell sell sell. Even if it’s the same color as my car.

Reactions: follow.johnny
As of this morning Black is still standard and Pearl White is 2000 on the Model Y configurator. I've been waiting for standard white but if they make pearl the base I'm in.

I just looked - Pearl white is standard and the price for the SR+ has dropped a thousand dollars. 38,990.

• Model 3 Standard Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Partial Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
Show Details
  • Purchase Price$38,990
  • Federal tax credit - $1,875
  • California EV rebate - $2,500
  • Est. 6-year gas savings - $4,300
  • Estimated Savings
    - $8,675
  • Price after Est. Savings $30,315
All savings are experienced after purchase.
See how our savings are calculated
Destination & doc fee$1,200
Hide Details
  1. Cash
  2. Lease
  3. Loan
Price after Est. Savings$30,315
Purchase Price$38,990
Excluding taxes and fees

This is great news. I have a pearl white that I bought in September. Now I know there will be more painted parts available for my car.

This is really a great way of looking at it, instead of complaining like everyone else that the price dropped. You must generally have a pretty positive attitude!

I might actually pull the trigger now that the price dropped like 2k for my config. Might also go with white now since its multi coat and free, saving another 1k or so. But the performance, which I was never considering anyway, is cheaper now too! I wonder - it must cost more to insure a performance over a LR AWD or even an SR, right?

Reactions: GenSao
This is great news. I have a pearl white that I bought in September. Now I know there will be more painted parts available for my car. New parts or wrecked car parts. Should be plenty available. Awesome! If I was concerned about my car being a special color then I certainly would have it wrapped or painted a non factory color.

Totally agree! A win for Pearl White owners!

Everyone here should realize these type of purchases happen all the time and on various products and services. I paid more for many things versus others who wait longer. Tesla has one strategy, sell cars and make money. They will do what makes sense for the bottom line. They were very different years ago, you were special when you bought one of the cars, not it is mass production and you belong to a number. No different than the next guy or the one before.
At least you are not on here bickering about buying the same car where someone got a better price because they negotiated the "Sickening" car dealership better than the other guy....

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
I got my car a little over 2 weeks ago, I paid $62,400 (before delivery and doc fee) and my same spec car is now $54,990... So I woke up this morning with $6,410 more depreciation than I had when I went to sleep. It sucks, it is over 10% less than I paid for my brand new car with less than 500 miles on it. FML

Reactions: Rs3toM3P
I just looked - Pearl white is standard and the price for the SR+ has dropped a thousand dollars. 38,990.

Show Details
  • Purchase Price$38,990
  • Federal tax credit - $1,875
  • California EV rebate - $2,500
  • Est. 6-year gas savings - $4,300
  • Estimated Savings
    - $8,675
  • Price after Est. Savings $30,315

Isn't the California EV Rebate all gone until they get more funding? It's not possible to get on a wait list until they get more funding possibly later this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: T3SLAROD
I got my car a little over 2 weeks ago, I paid $62,400 (before delivery and doc fee) and my same spec car is now $54,990... So I woke up this morning with $6,410 more depreciation than I had when I went to sleep. It sucks, it is over 10% less than I paid for my brand new car with less than 500 miles on it. FML

Yeah that sucks.

I did the math for my car which I took delivery of in the beginning of May. Performance 3 in Solid Black, with HomeLink included, and NEMA 14-50 include, with FSD. - $65,400.

Today, that same car in black is $61,740. So that looks not great.

But it's really $61,740 + $1,875 (the tax credit lost) + $300 (HomeLink) + the time to install that, + the NEMA 14-50 ($35) + the gas cost I'd have spent on my Golf R (approx $200 or $150 when factoring in electricity costs) + around $750 in depreciation on my Golf R.

So that's $61,740 + $1,875 + $300 + $35 + $150 + $750 = $64,850.

$65,400 - $64,850 = $550

So it's cost me $550 to buy my car 2.5 months ago. I'd definitely buy it 2.5 months ago for that cost.

I recognize that others didn't have the same "luck" and I feel for them. I got off fairly lightly.

Well that's fantastic news! I was worried the pearl white might be less pearl now, or different, or sometime change between pearl and not pearl... Still holding my SR+ order with Blue on White... but seeing if I can get approved to stretch financing to get Long Range Pearl White on Black. I'm curious how much this price "drop" might actually be a revenue driver for them. I'm reading a lot of people that are taking the "savings" and spending that toward the next level up and then factoring in any discount on that next level and saying "well, it's now only XX amount extra, maybe I should upgrade"....