Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same experience. My delivery advisor in SF was super responsive until I got the car delivered. Then not a single answer when I had to deal with some serious issues with the car. Had to show up in person at the SC.

There is one thing - one of the few - that I've have good experience with: The Mobile Service.

The guy who came by my house with his little tool truck was excellent.

Let's face it, Tesla is great tech. The rest - really disappointing...

Finally got my confirmation email for the refund for paying P3D+.

View attachment 352390
I expect this trend to continue. Nobody will have paid for PUP.
1) PUPsters will over time get their "loan" (interest-free short-term loan to Tesla) back.
2) Newbs will continue to get PUP'd for free.
3) P-stealthers - who paid the same as 1&2 - are Un-PUP'd and Obsolesced - i.e, got screwed!!!

Last edited:
How did you request the refund? By email?
I'm starting to wonder if these refund details aren't fake. Telsa customer service is very firm that their is no process.

I expect this trend to continue. PUPsters will over time get their "loan" (interest-free short-term loan to Tesla) back.
Newbs continue to get PUP'd for free. - Nobody will have paid for PUP.
Yet P-stealthers - who paid the same - are Un-PUP'd and Obsolesced - i.e, got screwed!!!
IDK if getting 5k back makes sense for P3- but something should be considered for you guys. Hell, give people EAP. Why not? Marginal cost to Tesla is nearly zero.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Hi,

Has anybody gotten a trade in estimate for their P3D? I just played around with an online trade in estimator and the median figure was pretty good. (~$65K). Since it looks like there will not be much communication between Tesla and their customers, it seems like this might be a reasonable approach. I could trade in my P3D without PUP and use the funds to purchase a new P3D+. I live in a no sales tax state so not much loss there. I could get another ev tax credit in the process. Any thoughts?

Just received this from Tesla regarding P3D with PUP:

"Thank you for your email.

I simply need confirmation from you that you would like me to refund the $5,000 and remove your Free, Unlimited Supercharging. Please respond with the physical address you would like the check to be mailed to.

The spoiler and badging parts are almost finished with production and will be shipping to all service centers soon. We have already notated your account and will contact you once the parts are in stock. "

Looks promising. This is at least the second confirmation based on posts today that Tesla has started processing the refunds. Now, let's see what their actual turn around time is from offer acceptance to check delivery.

I'm starting to wonder if these refund details aren't fake. Telsa customer service is very firm that their is no process.

IDK if getting 5k back makes sense for P3- but something should be considered for you guys. Hell, give people EAP. Why not? Marginal cost to Tesla is nearly zero.

Upgrade my car to PUP or give me EAP. I am completely fine with that.

Looks promising. This is at least the second confirmation based on posts today that Tesla has started processing the refunds. Now, let's see what their actual turn around time is from offer acceptance to check delivery.
Still have no confirmation from a P3D-stealth owner of a refund. Clearly we are getting singled out as undeserving.

Also, make sure you call about that spoiler. I ordered parts and was told they'd be there in 3 days. Two weeks went by without a single call or email. I finally just showed up and discovered they'd been sitting there for a week.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and P85_DA
Still have no confirmation from a P3D-stealth owner of a refund. Clearly we are getting singled out as undeserving.

Also, make sure you call about that spoiler. I ordered parts and was told they'd be there in 3 days. Two weeks went by without a single call or email. I finally just showed up and discovered they'd been sitting there for a week.
Nobody has a spoiler yet. SCs don't know anything about them.

Hi,

Has anybody gotten a trade in estimate for their P3D? I just played around with an online trade in estimator and the median figure was pretty good. (~$65K). Since it looks like there will not be much communication between Tesla and their customers, it seems like this might be a reasonable approach. I could trade in my P3D without PUP and use the funds to purchase a new P3D+. I live in a no sales tax state so not much loss there. I could get another ev tax credit in the process. Any thoughts?
Where are you playing around with this estimator? I'm interested. 65k wouldn't be enough though, I can't just go around eating 15k losses, altough it would only be 7.5k loss then if I can get the tax credit.

So not a definite offer for refund, but feels like it's getting closer...

IMG_2589.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA