Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: Android Beta Version introduced!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. That's dedication, impressive. Are you running iOS 5? I don't know the specs but that will probably be the cutoff.

I'm running iOS 6.0.1. Apple still supports the 3GS and I see no reason to get a new one as long as it works perfectly fine. Also I prefer the rounded back of the 3GS to the square 4/4S/5. It is more comfortable to hold and to keep in the pocket of my pants.

By not using money for stuff like new cellphones when not needed I can buy the P85 instead ;) My laptop is >5 years old (Lenovo X61s upgraded with a 120GB SSD) and the desktop is probably 7-8 years old now...

I'm running iOS 6.0.1. Apple still supports the 3GS and I see no reason to get a new one as long as it works perfectly fine. Also I prefer the rounded back of the 3GS to the square 4/4S/5. It is more comfortable to hold and to keep in the pocket of my pants.

By not using money for stuff like new cellphones when not needed I can buy the P85 instead ;) My laptop is >5 years old (Lenovo X61s upgraded with a 120GB SSD) and the desktop is probably 7-8 years old now...
I agree. Old 3G was most comfortable to hold. Wish I had your self-restraint when it comes to upgrading or not upgrading consumer electronics. You'll be fine then with the app I bet.

Wow. That's dedication, impressive. Are you running iOS 5? I don't know the specs but that will probably be the cutoff.

I used the original iPhone until the iPhone4 came out. At that point the original wasn't able to really run some of the programs I use because it was just too slow. There is no need to upgrade a device until it no longer does what you want it to do or there is some really needed functionality that your current device doesn't have.

I agree. Old 3G was most comfortable to hold. Wish I had your self-restraint when it comes to upgrading or not upgrading consumer electronics. You'll be fine then with the app I bet.

Yeah, I follow my rule of not upgrading before I have to, but then getting the very best (which I can afford since I didn't upgrade 3 times in between). So when I needed a new TV, I went for the Sony 65HX920 ;)
And by getting top spec gear it lasts longer too. I hate the trend of buying cheap stuff you throw away every year or so :mad: Quality lasts is my motto. And it fits very nicely with the Model S too :cool:

And by getting top spec gear it lasts longer too.

Totally agree. If you spend $20 on a toaster you'll have to replace it once a year. Last time I needed a toaster I scoured the city for the most expensive, lowest tech, simple two-slice toaster I could find. I bought a $100 toaster that was built like a truck, and it's still going strong after 9 years. I figure I'm already up $80, and it makes great toast!

Totally agree. If you spend $20 on a toaster you'll have to replace it once a year. Last time I needed a toaster I scoured the city for the most expensive, lowest tech, simple two-slice toaster I could find. I bought a $100 toaster that was built like a truck, and it's still going strong after 9 years. I figure I'm already up $80, and it makes great toast!

+1 When purchasing oats, you go to the feed store and pay for quality oats. However, you can get the oats much cheaper after they've been through the horse.

will do.. but the screen shots are on the app page as well - Tesla Model S Beta - Android Apps on Google Play

i dont see a pre-heating battery option - but you can do climate control.. just not sure if that will heat the battery pack as well.

- - - Updated - - -

You, sir are a horrible person. Now I will not be able to sleep because I will be continually refreshing the iphone app store.

Honestly, i just searched Tesla by chance, saw nothing.. then did a search for Tesla Model S - and it popped up !!.. not sure if my timing was the 'exact' moment of the release or not, but I had a nice shock ..

i am sure the iPhone app will be released shortly !!

yep, found the screenshots:

tesla1.jpg
tesla2.jpg

tesla3.jpg
tesla4.jpg

tesla5.jpg