Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: Android Beta Version introduced!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "Interior Temperature" reading is wrong. I get 26°C while it's 15°C in my garage. So when I turn on the climate from the mobile app, the car starts to COOL itself as it thinks the temperature should go down...

Anyone else has a weird interior temperature reading?

Last edited:
Well, I can log in to the account just fine (running it on BlueStacks, thanks for that!!). Unfortunately, I don't have my car yet (supposed to be delivered today, got pushed to Tuesday). Man, I was so hoping Remote Access would have been enabled by default... could have watched my car make the trek across the country to Chicago! Still cool, though, that my VIN shows up correctly in the app window.

My "Interior Temperature" reading is wrong. I get 26°C while it's 15°C in my garage. So when I turn on the climate from the mobile app, the car starts to COOL itself as it thinks the temperature should go down...

Anyone else has a weird interior temperature reading?

Mine always reads high, but I've found that's because it actually is (well-insulated) and because the sensor appears to be in the ceiling area.

I tried all this, I see the Tesla Model S Beta and when I click install it only shows downloads for World Clock and 1S Compass?

Yup, same symptom here. The Android Marketplace seems to be there already (atleast shows up in the "Searching AppStores" dialog) but, the Tesla app doesn't show up there after I click Install. Tried it on a Mac and a PC. Oh well...

Yup, same symptom here. The Android Marketplace seems to be there already (atleast shows up in the "Searching AppStores" dialog) but, the Tesla app doesn't show up there after I click Install. Tried it on a Mac and a PC. Oh well...

Had the same problem. You need to go to My Apps > Help. This will open a browser window. In the address bar, type play.google.com. Once it navigates to that page it will allow you to access Google Play and download the app directly.

Had the same problem. You need to go to My Apps > Help. This will open a browser window. In the address bar, type play.google.com. Once it navigates to that page it will allow you to access Google Play and download the app directly.

Thanks! Tried a different tack: searched for "android marketplace app" and got some random hits in the rightmost column (for Android Market); picked one of them and that took me through the Google Play account setup. I could search for Tesla Model S there.

Thanks! Tried a different tack: searched for "android marketplace app" and got some random hits in the rightmost column (for Android Market); picked one of them and that took me through the Google Play account setup. I could search for Tesla Model S there.

Extremely interested/anxious to try this out!
Downloaded the tesla app on blue stacks.
Got to red screen where it says "TESLA, SIGN IN TO MY TESLA". Has login boxes asking for email and password....

BUT...it won't let me type into the boxes!!!

I am trying this on a MacBook Pro. (I have an iPhone and not an android).

any help would be much appreciated :)

Extremely interested/anxious to try this out!
Downloaded the tesla app on blue stacks.
Got to red screen where it says "TESLA, SIGN IN TO MY TESLA". Has login boxes asking for email and password....

BUT...it won't let me type into the boxes!!!

I am trying this on a MacBook Pro. (I have an iPhone and not an android).

any help would be much appreciated :)

Restart the App. I had the same problem. As noted by Brianman, this app is less than adequate.

Got to red screen where it says "TESLA, SIGN IN TO MY TESLA". Has login boxes asking for email and password....BUT...it won't let me type into the boxes!!!I am trying this on a MacBook Pro. (I have an iPhone and not an android). any help would be much appreciated :)
This is what I did: Click on the Wrench and Screwdriver icon in the lower right corner and select Manage Applications. Switch Tesla to "Tablet". You can then type your username and password. After you get on, you should switch the application back to "Default", since the tablet mode does not work too well. You must restart the application. The easiest way I have found is to select "Location". This will cause the app to crash - and then you can run it again.

had the same problem, what i did was setup a proper account and then it all worked using google play (marketplace replacement?). I found out that i still don't have a VIN yet :crying:

Go to settings (bottom right corner in bluestacks), change the size for the Tesla app to Tablet and then restart the app. That let me type my username/password. But, it's all too big after (atleast it lets you login). Then, go back to settings and change it to the default size again. Now, it should show up in the phone form factor and work.

Boo... my car's perfect and charging happily but for the 21" wheels :)

tesla-app.png

This is what I did: Click on the Wrench and Screwdriver icon in the lower right corner and select Manage Applications. Switch Tesla to "Tablet". You can then type your username and password. After you get on, you should switch the application back to "Default", since the tablet mode does not work too well. You must restart the application. The easiest way I have found is to select "Location". This will cause the app to crash - and then you can run it again.

Thanks amigo!

Works great in tablet mode!
once it worked in tablet mode I could even switch back to phone mode and it seems to work fine! (It's just a beta version so we will cut it some slack).

My gps located didn't work though :(
I click it and the mouse cursor spins and then it takes me to the blue stacks app player home screen (with all of my apps).

Oh we'll...the lights and horn were fun...and tom am I'll test out the venting of the roof (and the climate).
Thx for your help everyone!!!! (And enjoy :)

are we a sad lot or what? I've always been a techie and I've always loved cars...but I've NEVER joined a forum and I've never obsessed over any of my other cars like this (or over anything really...not to THIS degree). Does the climate control aerosolize crack cocaine through the ventilation making our hearts race and keeping us coming back for more?!?!?!