Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased a 2012 Signature MS and plan on picking it up next week. What needs to be done by me, the buyer, and/or the seller to have the car's VIN linked to me instead of him?

Best bet is to ask your local store for what they want. Typically they ask for your driver's license (to prove you are you), a copy of the registration with your name on it, and the VIN.

Reactions: markn455
Thanks. I was finally able to get an answer from Tesla. For those who may fall into the same boat as I, here are their requirements to make the change.....

1. Color copy or photo of your current driver’s license or state ID.
2. Copy or picture of your title or registration (bill of sale does not qualify as a valid document)
3. Email address you would like linked to your account (your MyTesla email if you have already created an account)
4. Home or mailing address
5. Phone number

What do i tell the DS about turning on my app for a newly picked up car? I read something here that indicated that the delivery has to do something extra to turn on the app once the car is delivered. I have had mine for 24 hours and it still isn't turned on. The setting in the car for mobile is turned on. It clearly is something on Tesla's end. Even my Remote S app doesn't work.

Tesla iphone app does not work for summon. Get message "unable to connect to vehicle" However phone is connected as I can do everything else (lock & unlock, honk horn, activate climate control etc). I am in Canada so unfortunately we cannot use the fob for summon. Have called Tesla - they say they are working on it but it's been 3 days. Anyone having this problem?

Tesla iphone app does not work for summon. Get message "unable to connect to vehicle" However phone is connected as I can do everything else (lock & unlock, honk horn, activate climate control etc). I am in Canada so unfortunately we cannot use the fob for summon. Have called Tesla - they say they are working on it but it's been 3 days. Anyone having this problem?
I will get that if I am using wifi, the wifi signal just is not strong enough in my garage. So...if I have my phone and tesla on LTE only AND I'm near the car then summon works great. Give that a try if you haven't already.

You might just need to remind the DS. They request the access be turned on.

The reason they don't come already on is that in the early days the factory was fed up with imminent owners flashing lights and honking horns and locking cars....

Soooooooooo......
if I'm having two tires replaced, like right about now, can I give a little toot and a flash from my app to hurry up? And then listen & watch their reaction from my dashcam app. :D

IMG_0949.PNG