Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid S Delayed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dont really see how the current situation in Europe would effect car production in the US short term, Long term for sure. But not for deliveries that where expected in 2-3 weeks. seems like a convenient excuse and a pretty shameful one at that.
Russia produces a lot of nickel needed for EV cars.
1/28 - in Houston
I ordered mine 1/7 Red/creams/ 19s

Definitely the color combo it seems.

Just got off the phone with someone from Tesla Support. She said the SA put my order on Priority last week which usually means a week or two. She said EOQ for sure. She confirmed the color combination with the Plaid is the delay.
Great that they put you on priority. About the color combo, I’m sure 3 different reps can give you 3 different reasons for the delays. I’ve spoken with 4 and it is amazing how each of them lives in a different world.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Great that they put you on priority. About the color combo, I’m sure 3 different reps can give you 3 different reasons for the delays. I’ve spoken with 4 and it is amazing how each of them lives in a different world.
Their main job is to keep the customer happy, so im sure that they "come up with" some answers on the spot. After all you have a customer who is willing to pay $140-150k and is unhappy at the moment, and only on the hook for $250 ......

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
All true but, this might be interesting... I waited on hold for a very long time. I was working so I let it go. After a while it rang again, with a different tone, and a woman answered who I did not recognize (I've spoken to at least 8 different SA's at my local store myself, lol). And she led with "Tesla Support". I do not believe she was local. I asked her if anything was wrong with my order since it was taking much longer than expected and she took a few minutes with me on hold while she looked into it. It was pretty convincing. Plus she spoke about the SA's in the third person and then said the color is an EOQ thing. Anyway, whatevs. The new blanket on my bed is the Model S car cover I got delivered yesterday. I can now cry myself to sleep in it. Lol.

I randomly checked the Tesla site for inventory vehicles that match my order. And wallah - I found a car. Send my SA a text. She matched the car to me for immediate delivery!

Build date is 3/2.

Attachments

• 1F302850-4ADB-4D7E-8350-697E32D2218A.jpeg
    1F302850-4ADB-4D7E-8350-697E32D2218A.jpeg
    588.6 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: HighPotential
Ordered a plaid (21in, white exterior, black interior, no FSD) couple days when delivery estimate was 4-10 weeks. App says June 22 - July 20, which is 13-17 weeks. Kinda a bummer. To be fair though, sales rep originally wanted to match me to a pre-refresh plaid and I said I was willing to wait for new lights. Didn't think I'd have to wait 3-4 months though.

If anyone knows of any configuration changes that they are pumping out sooner like FSD or white interior, that'd be useful. I was on the fence about those options anyway.

Reactions: mcvaughan
So I got Vinned over the weekend and the schedule me for March 15th. I wished they gave me a heads up, not easy to move around $150k. Then out of nowhere they texted me if I could pick it up today. I was about to drive to the place, but I called to make sure that was still the case, and they told me it's a home delivery. I was a little annoyed since I wanted to be at the factory just to get that experience. But overall, I'm thrilled to have the car.

So Ordered 1/7. Vinned 3/13, Original Delivery 3/15, Delivered to my home 3/14.

I have the new backlights and new doors just in case any is wondering.

image0 (4).jpeg

So I got Vinned over the weekend and the schedule me for March 15th. I wished they gave me a heads up, not easy to move around $150k. Then out of nowhere they texted me if I could pick it up today. I was about to drive to the place, but I called to make sure that was still the case, and they told me it's a home delivery. I was a little annoyed since I wanted to be at the factory just to get that experience. But overall, I'm thrilled to have the car.

So Ordered 1/7. Vinned 3/13, Original Delivery 3/15, Delivered to my home 3/14.

I have the new backlights and new doors just in case any is wondering.

View attachment 781069

Congrats! Looks nice. My DD is this Saturday.

Ordered a plaid (21in, white exterior, black interior, no FSD) couple days when delivery estimate was 4-10 weeks. App says June 22 - July 20, which is 13-17 weeks. Kinda a bummer. To be fair though, sales rep originally wanted to match me to a pre-refresh plaid and I said I was willing to wait for new lights. Didn't think I'd have to wait 3-4 months though.

If anyone knows of any configuration changes that they are pumping out sooner like FSD or white interior, that'd be useful. I was on the fence about those options anyway.
I have the exact dates you have. Ordered March 1.

Just glanced at Plaid inventory. I noticed a match for my barebones order in Portland.
I know there was someone else on this thread with the same built. Can't remember where they were located.
That unit shows a built date of 03/15. Shows that they are still churning them out.
Just perhaps not to the people that ordered them months ago and before the $6k increase.

Reactions: mcvaughan