Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if he does vote Republican, he's abandoning party thinking by abandoning the AMERICAN built car and shilling HARD for Toyota.

Just following their leader....

How many Trump products were made overseas? Here’s the complete list.

Although, Camry is assembled in Georgetown, Kentucky with one of the highest American content levels on the market. OTOH, it is among the most "white bread"/"mayo"/"vanilla" cars out there, so the inquiry might be insightful after all!

Actually if he does vote Republican, he's abandoning party thinking by abandoning the AMERICAN built car and shilling HARD for Toyota.

Correct. The DNC is division of Toyota Motor Corp. It's why we are getting H2 stations in Kalifornia instead of EV stations with our tax monies.
The director of CARB drives a Mirai.

And since Teslas do not come with free cell phones, it is unlikely to be something a typical democrat would be shopping for.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
Just following their leader....

How many Trump products were made overseas? Here’s the complete list.

Although, Camry is assembled in Georgetown, Kentucky with one of the highest American content levels on the market. OTOH, it is among the most "white bread"/"mayo"/"vanilla" cars out there, so the inquiry might be insightful after all!

I get a kick outta the dude who sells overpriced undies made in China (UnderAmour?) quitting the President's Manufacturing Advisory Council for political reasons. Certainly it wasn't because the WH wanted him to stop pretending to be an American manufacturer.

Most of the CEO's who quit the council did not want to be involved with a push against the existing lopsided Chinese trade rules. Hate to say it, but Elon quit during negotiations with China. All they see is $$$ for today. They are like day laborers at Home Depot. They cannot see 10 years into the future, they struggle with getting through to each Friday. History will not be kind to them. China is not an ally.

Correct. The DNC is division of Toyota Motor Corp. It's why we are getting H2 stations in Kalifornia instead of EV stations with our tax monies.
The director of CARB drives a Mirai.

And since Teslas do not come with free cell phones, it is unlikely to be something a typical democrat would be shopping for.
I've always thought if ever I met Ahhnuld I would ask him "how do you reconcile your environmental cause with your support for the Luddite Party?"

Well, she did win the popular vote.
Might have won the gerrymandered electoral college too if she had been more progressive (and been male).
not being male had little to do with her disgracful career of deceit and corruption. the electoral college worked as envisioned and saved the country from being controlled by the urban/coastal regions. most of america rejected hillary in particular and the leftist agenda she promoted.
here is something to aid you
400px-US_House_2016.svg.png

Reactions: bkp_duke
Well, she did win the popular vote.
Might have won the gerrymandered electoral college too if she had been more progressive (and been male).

If she really won the popular vote, why won't states open up voting records? Let's settle this "illegals voting" thing once and for all. If there are nearly no illegals voting, as Blue states claim, then I cannot see a legitimate reason to say no.

All I know is that on the day I voted, I saw people I knew personally that were in the USA without citizenship, and they were in the line to vote as well. Didn't exactly rub me the "right way", if you know what I mean.

not being male had little to do with her disgracful career of deceit and corruption. the electoral college worked as envisioned and saved the country from being controlled by the urban/coastal regions. most of america rejected hillary in particular and the leftist agenda she promoted.
Look at all those unpopulated square miles!

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3 and MacGreiner
Your map shows that most of the vacant land didn't support her. Most People, OTOH did.

• Love
Reactions: JRP3
If she really won the popular vote, why won't states open up voting records? Let's settle this "illegals voting" thing once and for all. If there are nearly no illegals voting, as Blue states claim, then I cannot see a legitimate reason to say no.

All I know is that on the day I voted, I saw people I knew personally that were in the USA without citizenship, and they were in the line to vote as well. Didn't exactly rub me the "right way", if you know what I mean.
fwiw:
697bcd9dbee8bbbd286a5906a3260470--racist-people-liberal-politics.jpg

this is an example of condescending liberal mindset. did you really think your reply through? the elitist myopic thinking thinking of the left is a huge part of why they have been and will continue to be trounced in elections. most of the country is not coastal CA.

I have to agree with this, there is a reason that "middle america" cannot stand liberals. Even though I completely agree with the "left" on things like the environment, I have a hard time talking with them because:

1) they think they are more educated than conservatives (they don't like it when I point out that I have 2 doctorates and still don't agree with them)
2) they are so smug that they don't actually consider someone else's opinion as "valid". Only an idiot pre-judges.

Perhaps if the left had some manners and the "common sense" to know that they are not all-knowing, then people in the middle and on the right might be willing to listen to them more?

The problem with the pasted map is that it's deceiving. As an informative data visualization, it gets an F.

This one is weighted by population and gives a more realistic view of the populace, instead of weighting BLM lands equally with NYC.

I don't think it's fair to paste a deceiving map, hear valid criticism on it, and then call the criticism out as "elite" and "myopic".

weightedmap.png

"Envisioned"? Wasn't the aim of the electoral college to ensure that enlightened (white male) people were between the voters and the president to ensure that rights wouldn't be overwhelmed by the mob? It wasn't really about states rights. But there's no significant rule about how the college is elected at state level, so there really wasn't much envisioning going on.

The first presidential election in which the majority of states became winner-takes-all was in 1824. States went winner-takes-all because the majority party decided that denying representation to their opponents would increase their power base. This forced other states with opposing majorities to go winner-takes-all in response.

Essentially, Gerrymandering happened on a massive scale. It continues now within state politics, sometimes brazenly. Anyone who believes in democracy should always hate it and not excuse it because it's advantageous to their position right now. Rather than saying that it's all OK and people shouldn't be complaining about it, I'd rather you asked them why they weren't complaining about it _before_ the election.

Really it's the Senate that represents state interests.

• Disagree
Reactions: kort677
"Envisioned"? Wasn't the aim of the electoral college to ensure that enlightened (white male) people were between the voters and the president to ensure that rights wouldn't be overwhelmed by the mob? It wasn't really about states rights. But there's no significant rule about how the college is elected at state level, so there really wasn't much envisioning going on.

The first presidential election in which the majority of states became winner-takes-all was in 1824. States went winner-takes-all because the majority party decided that denying representation to their opponents would increase their power base. This forced other states with opposing majorities to go winner-takes-all in response.

Essentially, Gerrymandering happened on a massive scale. It continues now within state politics, sometimes brazenly. Anyone who believes in democracy should always hate it and not excuse it because it's advantageous to their position right now. Rather than saying that it's all OK and people shouldn't be complaining about it, I'd rather you asked them why they weren't complaining about it _before_ the election.

Really it's the Senate that represents state interests.
Actually, in further response to Kort, I would say the electoral college failed. As originally envisioned, it was, in part, supposed to prevent a dangerous and/or unqualified populist from becoming President. See? Didn't work, did it?

We all like the idea of democracy, but how well would democracy work out in a family that has more young children than parents? An extra layer of protection is needed to prevent straight democratic vote from leading to dire consequences from irresponsible mob choices. I think the Electoral College was originally meant to help serve this kind of purpose.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and kort677
The thing I wonder is why would an American corporation stay in America if the were suddenly told they are going to incur a high tax to pay people not to work. I'm pretty sure you'd see most mid to large corporations immediately do an inversion or just outright leave the country for a more business friendly environment.
And those corporations should, from an ethical perspective, be subject to penalties for abandoning even a modicum of social responsibility.

But even without such an intervention, those corporations will find dwindling numbers of consumers for their products (as people are laid off and replaced with outsourced labor and/or automation).

Who ever thought that income could be so hard? (Paraphrasing Dear Orange Leader.)

Status
Not open for further replies.