Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got delivery of a Mode S last night. Today the trunk wouldn’t close. Car is at the service center and I will be given a loaner because they need the car overnight. In addition, the steering vibrates and seems like there’s an alignment issue as well. All in less than 24 hours of possession.

Did I set a record on how quickly a new car needs to be setup for an overnight repair?

Not a good first impression.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and bro1999
I got my and had some minor issues right off the hop. Had to take it into service twice but I agree with @steve841 - once you get it back, you'll love it all over again and the little problems will be but a distant memory.

I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that my Tesla won't be as reliable as my Lexus, but it is soooooooo much better, I just don't care.

Got delivery of a Mode S last night. Today the trunk wouldn’t close. Car is at the service center and I will be given a loaner because they need the car overnight. In addition, the steering vibrates and seems like there’s an alignment issue as well. All in less than 24 hours of possession.

Did I set a record on how quickly a new car needs to be setup for an overnight repair?

Not a good first impression.

Afraid it’s no record. I’ve heard of a few who went to pick their car up only to not be able to drive off in it.

• Funny
Reactions: Qbenjamin
I actually love the faults of Tesla cars.
It shows the bravery of this company diving headfirst into one of the most mature (borderline senile) markets in the world, because they know they are right.

Yeesh...is Tesla a religion now? You gonna start praying and building temples next at this rate.

Tell it like it is, folks just want to justify anything Tesla does and shy away from criticism, if it sucks it sucks, if its good its good.

The car looks great, drives great, doesn't make anyone "love" quality issues or enjoy not having a 100k car on day one cos the damn trunk won't close.

"Love the faults of Tesla cars..." seriously?

When I first got my car 3 weeks back, I was admiring the giant screen and interior build quality but then noticed the cubby being tilted a bit to the driver's side. I thought this was a manufacturing defect and tried to turn so that it would be facing straight to no avail. I was a bit embarrassed after realizing that it was intentional design along with the touchscreen facing the driver to provide easy access :oops:

I was cruising down the highway recently and noticed a bit of wind noise coming from the driver's window. Not a whole lot but noticeable when the only noise you'll likely hear are the tires rolling on the road. Then, I realized I was doing 80 mph and slowed down a bit which resolved the wind noise! :p I guess that's a useful feature to know how fast you're going when you're so accustomed to hearing an engine revving up.

Last edited:
Yeesh...is Tesla a religion now? You gonna start praying and building temples next at this rate.

Tell it like it is, folks just want to justify anything Tesla does and shy away from criticism, if it sucks it sucks, if its good its good.

The car looks great, drives great, doesn't make anyone "love" quality issues or enjoy not having a 100k car on day one cos the damn trunk won't close.

"Love the faults of Tesla cars..." seriously?
Fine to disagree, but do you need to attack other forum members?

Reactions: CSFTN
I actually love the faults of Tesla cars.
It shows the bravery of this company diving headfirst into one of the most mature (borderline senile) markets in the world, because they know they are right.
Really? I see it more as good old fashioned incompetence. There are certain expectations at this price level, expectations that obviously Tesla is unable to consistently meet.

Fine to disagree, but do you need to attack other forum members?
He wasn't attacking anyone, he was pointing out how ridiculous someone else's post happened to be. There seems to be a horrible double standard here at TMC where it's okay to attack those critical of Tesla, but when those same people defend themselves against those attacks, they are chastised, banned, and made to feel like they are the ones doing wrong.

Last edited:
It *is* a problem when you go to delivery and have no idea what to expect, from perfection to all the way down to the A/C fails (I had mine blast for ten minutes to be sure it was okay after all the O-ring stories) and/or the drive unit sounds like a grain thresher on the way home (one thread on that recently).

I don't know if some people are lucky, if some SC's fix things better, if there are better weeks/days at Fremont, or all the above or what. It is concerning. Like @Ghosty, my car is now getting wrapped, and I can't wait to drive her for real and not worry about dings. I do feel for those that had a bad delivery.

That's certainly not ideal for sure but Tesla will take care of you. When we did our delivery there was a very noticeable scratch in the clear coat above the passenger side headlight and they fixed it while we were there, no worries... I think they try to do that to the extent possible for sure.

Jeff

For all the people who are saying Tesla will take care of you, I've had the opposite experience.

I took delivery 2 weeks ago. My GPS has been failing multiple times for periods upwards of 8-12 hours. I initially called the phone number and was told that they would have engineering look at the logs and call me back. Never received a call. Took it to the service center because, in addition to the GPS issue, I had an error (steering assist reduced). Since it resolved itself, the techs said they would look at the logs and call me the next day. Never called.

Took it back to the service center after it failed multiple times again, and they said "sorry we didn't call you back, the techs found nothing in the logs." Now they wanted me to keep track of the times, dates, and locations it fails. I'm sorry, what? I gave them video proof of what was happening, I submitted bug reports while it happened, and they can't find anything in the logs and now they want me to simply keep track of the times it fails? I straight up told them I researched the issue and it's most likely a loose connection or a bad GPS unit, but they still refused to take the car to service it. They asked me to give them a couple days to review the latest logs.

All this in addition to the fact that my car was not delivered with the three-point adaptive headlights. I emailed my OA and DS and they never responded. I went through the "executive escalation" feature and they said they will look into it and contact me when they have an answer.

It seems that no matter what I do, I just get a "we will contact you" and then never get contacted.

It's an amazing vehicle, but come on, people are paying $70-140k and this is the service we get?

We have had 3 deliveries. One in 2014 and the car was flawless functionally. Fast forward to 2017 and both cars we got this year have been in service for various things like alignment, sagging air suspension, roof issues, broken lights etc.

Our 2014 felt like it was miraculously looked over while the 2017 models were rushed out the factory only to have service fix the details.

same here, I am in the proces of ‘executive escalation’, let’s see what they can do to fix several fitment issues with my brand new June 2017 car. The car was at the SC for 1 wk and coming back with most issues unresolved and got more issues because the SC sloppiness in doing the works like scratches in the interior, etc

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18 and TigaFF
Status
Not open for further replies.