Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANY military has little power once its citizens start revolting. History has proved it over and over. No missles needed.
Im curious as to which rifle is easily modified to fire 500 round per minute? If it was that easy, thats what would be used in these school shootings. Instead we have idiots that use old chinese or Russian ak type or ar-15 rifles.
many older ARs can easily be modded to full auto, the newer ones are more difficult to mod but it can be done, why are those who shoot up schools and shopping centers using modded weapons? could it be that they aren't too swift?

The biggest problem in America is ignorance, not violence. Most Americans today dont know how good they really have it. It would be a real eye opener for some of you to go abroad, and see for yourselves just how well communism and dictatorhip really works.

BTW, real assault weapons are indeed illegal to own in America, and what the bonehead media calls an assault weapon is an AR-15. If someones intent is to kill as many people as they can in a short amount of time, the AR-15 is probably the last rifle you want. Like I said, ignorance is far too widespread in the USA.

I have traveled around a good deal. If it wasnt for family connections I would be living in Europe now. I believe you are right about people travelling and exploring the world more, but the conclusion I disagree with. Lets also be clear Communism is dead, u have just a few countries left that have some sort of communist government. Even China is some sort of Communist Dictatorship, Capitalist economy. So I think it is people in the US dont travel around and see how free other people are.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrivingRockies
Any reasonable person knows that guns dont kill people. People kill people. If one looks at the places with the most gun control in America like Chicago, its easy to see how well gun control works. Now if one looks at the opposite side. Kennesaw GA reqires gun ownership, and look at gun crime rates there.

I know that some will try to spin this the other way, but facts are facts, like it or not.

The most violent areas of Chicago are also closer to Indiana with very very lax gun laws. No coincidence that a HUGE amount of guns used in Chicago come from Indiana, not Illinois. So it isnt because of Chicago guns laws, it is because Chicago shares a border with a state that has no problem with well basically gun running into Chicago.

many older ARs can easily be modded to full auto, the newer ones are more difficult to mod but it can be done, why are those who shoot up schools and shopping centers using modded weapons? could it be that they aren't too swift?

Many militaries of the world stopped using rifles that have a fully automatic setting. They found that semi-automatic operation or 3-rnd burst was more effective. The UK, Canada, and Australia(?) took their stores of L2A1 automatics (FN FAL) and re-fitted them with 3 parts to stop them from being used for full automatic fire. These are the most desirable because the L2A1 barrel was superior.

Many militaries of the world stopped using rifles that have a fully automatic setting. They found that semi-automatic operation or 3-rnd burst was more effective. The UK, Canada, and Australia(?) took their stores of L2A1 automatics (FN FAL) and re-fitted them with 3 parts to stop them from being used for full automatic fire. These are the most desirable because the L2A1 barrel was superior.
the military is correct, in most battlefield applications full auto is just an ammo waster, 3 round bursts are far more efficient

307,000 vets may have died awaiting VA care, report says - CNNPolitics

"The report said an internal VA investigation in 2010 found staffers had hidden veterans' applications in their desks so they could process them at a later time, but human resources later recommended the staffers responsible not be disciplined."

When are we going to outlaw useless career bureaucrats and the bureaucrats who protect them?

Let us be clear that was a LONG standing problem under administrations from BOTH parties I am not blaming politicians from a particular party.

Gun control isn't about saving lives, if it was liberals would be looking to change things that cause greater lose of life.

ANY military has little power once its citizens start revolting.

Glad we agree that there's no need for the public to own assault rifles.

Im curious as to which rifle is easily modified to fire 500 round per minute? If it was that easy, thats what would be used in these school shootings. Instead we have idiots that use old chinese or Russian ak type or ar-15 rifles.

Most semi-automatic rifles are incredibly easy to make fully automatic.

• Disagree
Reactions: kort677
The same excuse for every mass shooting. Nothing to see here folks, move on. It is just a deranged individual here and a deranged individual there. Just a minor problem of a few mental mad caps getting hold of guns. We can fix it by arming every one with more powerful guns.
do you know that more people in the US die in swimming pools than are killed by gun violence? should we ban swimming pools?

• Love
Glad we agree that there's no need for the public to own assault rifles.

Care to elaborate? I have several and I disagree. I would guess 90% of AR owners wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Even those who know how it could be done, do not have the expertise.
My AR's have full auto BCG's but where would I get a sear? I don't have a machine shop or the plans.

He said easily. The newer ones are not that easy to convert, not easy or cheap anyway, and the older ones that are, aren't anywhere as common or cheap.

Since you don't appear to read replies to your posts, and you are repeating the same fallacy for a second time:

Semi-automatic rifles that fire from the open bolt are banned from production for over 30 years unless licensed as fully automatic, which is difficult to impossible. These were easy to convert.
It's not as easy as you think to make a closed bolt design go full auto.
It can be done, but it's a felony, and requires some significant machinist and gunsmithing skills. Not impossible, just not for rookies either.

But since you are so sure, tell what a FN FAL requires to be fully automatic that is different from the semi-automatic version.

The most violent areas of Chicago are also closer to Indiana with very very lax gun laws. No coincidence that a HUGE amount of guns used in Chicago come from Indiana, not Illinois. So it isnt because of Chicago guns laws, it is because Chicago shares a border with a state that has no problem with well basically gun running into Chicago.
Ironically, you made a very good point. Crimainals break laws, thats why they are criminals. They will be able to get a gun whether its legal or not, unless you rid the entire world of guns. Thats not happening. Now go look up other areas of strict gun control in the us, and see how it correlates with gun crime.

This is a very simple concept to understand. If someone goes to commit a gun crime, which victim do you think they will pick? An unarmed one, or one that might shoot back? If anyone cannot understand something this basic, then either there isnt much upstairs, or there is an unmentioned agenda......

Status
Not open for further replies.