Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes no sense, he has dismantled most of the environmental protection but he will plant trees.
@Merrill
One reason it makes no sense, is that tRump spews a hot steaming pile of festering floating gibberish, that folks don gloves due it’s toxicity, whilst attempting to ascertain any coherence of any statements having to do with reality or even surreality

Reactions: JRP3 and VValleyEV
MO = tornado risk (nice try Joplin). :oops:

TX = climate too hot, plus why reward them for their intransigence??. :oops:

IN = PENCEville, 10 foot pole rule applies!

Northern Nevada looks better all the time but what about the source of stainless steel?
Important but not necessarily crucial.
--

600k are not going to die in the USA from this, like I said even the guy who came up with the room and gloom models is saying the current information discredits his own prior work.

The folks that think this is the apocalypse either live in the rather small hotspots or believe the scare tactics being used in the news.

China has horrible smog and a 2/3rds smoking rate among men. Italy has many generations living together, are more touchy feely with greetings, and again smoke heavily and the average age is 12 years older than the USA..........

Yes I know the USA has a lot of cases but that is due to our mobility, which is being curtailed and advances are coming fast and furiously now that the free market is involved. There is a 5 minute test that they have approved. As that ramps up it will help identify the spread faster thereby convincing folks to lock down faster spreading less.

Honestly I think there is an unfortunately high number of folks who want this to be bad for the political leverage they think they can gain from it, and that is disgusting.

^ I really don’t think so

I think Trump is a worthless pos, but I want this over ASAP and hope the economy rebounds quickly. Political leverage is not on my mind, even though I resent a lot of the people making this worse by defying logic and science. Everyone I know is far more concerned with getting life back to normal than who wins in November.

The people you describe are outliers, and they fall on both sides of the political spectrum.

It’s amazing how things turned so quickly. When the market was at the top I was looking at second homes, now my income may take a substantial hit. However, I’m fortunate to not be an extravagant spender and I don’t have any children in college.

I also don’t think many folks are happy with the downturn. I don’t know of anyone, and I also think that Trump is selfish clown. I wish the administration well, because I don’t want to see anyone sick or dead.

And I still want a new Tesla! :)

Last edited:
^ I really don’t think so

I think Trump is a worthless pos, but I want this over ASAP and hope the economy rebounds quickly. Political leverage is not on my mind, even though I resent a lot of the people making this worse by defying logic and science. Everyone I know is far more concerned with getting life back to normal than who wins in November.

The people you describe are outliers, and they fall on both sides of the political spectrum.
Didn't Rahm Emanuel say, never let a crisis go to waste? Never underestimate political gamesmanship, ever. The millionaires and even billionaires in Washington are ALWAYS planning, especially when a new "crisis" develops, I, for one, delayed my car due to an impending furlough but hold no ill will for others taking delivery of an expensive car. Many good points have been made and everyone has their own reasons. I happen to believe this is wayyyy overblown, and will pass relatively quickly. If more people turned off the 24hr news cycle we would all be a happier and more grounded society. Everyone needs to just breathe and get on living. Cause if you're not busy living then you're busy dyin'.

Meanwhile, over here in reality, the dems held the stimulus package up for political gain.

That wasn’t a hold up. It was a refinement process. Both sides deserved a say (which they got) and it was passed remarkably quick given the scope of it. This is how government is supposed to work and I commend both sides for getting it done reasonably.

It’s easy for you to say they should’ve just passed the initial republican backed bill without asking for anything in return...but that’s a ridiculous fantasy.

This is of course my opinion, but if we’re going to support a 2 trillion dollar bailout, it’s reasonable to ask for stringent regulations on how the money is utilized.

That wasn’t a hold up. It was a refinement process. Both sides deserved a say (which they got) and it was passed remarkably quick given the scope of it. This is how government is supposed to work and I commend both sides for getting it done reasonably.

It’s easy for you to say they should’ve just passed the initial republican backed bill without asking for anything in return...but that’s a ridiculous fantasy.

This is of course my opinion, but if we’re going to support a 2 trillion dollar bailout, it’s reasonable to ask for stringent regulations on how the money is utilized.

I mostly agree, however, there’s some nice pork in that Bill and this wasn’t the time for political gain, either side, it’s disgraceful.

The main reason for my statement was to remind the poster that there are two parties, fairly evenly split, to post your political opinion on a non political forum is in poor taste but the other half is willing to oblige. To insult our President, regardless of one’s personal opinion, is just rude. Trump 2020!

I mostly agree, however, there’s some nice pork in that Bill and this wasn’t the time for political gain, either side, it’s disgraceful.

The main reason for my statement was to remind the poster that there are two parties, fairly evenly split, to post your political opinion on a non political forum is in poor taste but the other half is willing to oblige. To insult our President, regardless of one’s personal opinion, is just rude. Trump 2020!

I agree. I shouldn't have said what I said either. I was just using it as an example to show that, despite my personal opinion of the president, I'm not relishing in this economic downturn for any political gain. I'm certainly not cheering for the president to fail. When that happens, the country fails.

I would love to see your posts from 2009 till 2016!

You wouldn't find any insults to any Presidents.

It's all just a lot of noise in the way of the forum topic, imho. It's rather tiresome to see a great thread or topic polluted by one's personal political opinions that half the people on the forum won't agree with.

I bet we have more in common than not .. that's typically what I find .. but you don't get there on social media or forums.

I bet we have more in common than not .. that's typically what I find .. but you don't get there on social media or forums.
Agree 100%. We have to avoid becoming like tribal Middle East countries and remember that we are all Americans.

And for both political sides, it means governing with compromise not being anathema. Unfortunately, the "my way or the highway" mentality has ruled for too long.

You wouldn't find any insults to any Presidents.

It's all just a lot of noise in the way of the forum topic, imho. It's rather tiresome to see a great thread or topic polluted by one's personal political opinions that half the people on the forum won't agree with.

Op Ed:

It did not take me long to figure out the flavor of this site. Stevie Wonder could see it.
Your best bet is to ignore it. It is what it is and nothing is going to change it.
Some buy EV's because they love the technology, others buy them for more political reasons.

But if they decided to keep politics and religion off the board, they could cut back their bandwidth 50%, so there's that. :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.