Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2019 Raven Performance makes the same sound. I had appointment last week to have half shafts replaced (they even preordered the parts). Unfortunately, the SC brain trust on that day decided my car's sounds were normal. Didn't meet their threshold. So, I was rejected.

On to fight for the repair another day...

So I have to ask... I'm assuming this was the Rocklin SC that made this decision ? It sounds like they're trying to overturn the election... so to speak.

Mach E made in Mexico, Tesla USA, Tesla has a plant in China for the Asian market
As I asked before, so what?

Would you not accept a Tesla that was made in China or Germany? Only US-built Tesla’s are good enough for you?

What happens when they start building cars in Red States (Texas)? Will you only buy a Blue State (California) made vehicle?

Yeah I’m not worried about the depreciation at this point, considering it’s a 12 year old car.

That cowspiracy link you keep posting and I keep not clicking on is a lie. It’s a bunch of propaganda pushed on you by the plant based food conglomerates! They want people to stop eating cows so that their profits rise higher than bob Marley on a cool Friday evening. And it’s sad to see that you’ve fallen for their lies, but don’t worry I’m here for you, I’ll do my part to help you see the truth. Say no to plant based foods! And say yes to a medium rare porterhouse steak!

Yes, of course, all data that you do not like or that challenges your troglodyte worldview are all lies and propaganda. I guess they got to the UN too, eh?

FAO - News Article: Key facts and findings.

Why are we not surprised? And I bet you also believe the tRumpster won the election . . . .

With far too many "minds" like this filling the planet, it's no wonder we're all in deep trouble.

But there is some good news: as they expose themselves for the willful ignorants they are, the adults in the room can glean the importance of every one of them stepping up: getting rid of their remaining ICE vehicles and fossil fuel using appliances, installing solar, and voting for leadership that knows that "science" is real (vs. a "Chinese hoax").

Eventually the shame of being so intentionally moronic will drive the children-in-adult-bodies into hiding, or so we should all hope. An entire planet's future rests on that outcome.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
--Neil Degrasse Tyson

• Disagree
Reactions: Sunshine State
Yes, of course, all data that you do not like or that challenges your troglodyte worldview are all lies and propaganda. I guess they got to the UN too, eh?

FAO - News Article: Key facts and findings.

Why are we not surprised? And I bet you also believe the tRumpster won the election . . . .

With far too many "minds" like this filling the planet, it's no wonder we're all in deep trouble.

But there is some good news: as they expose themselves for the willful ignorants they are, the adults in the room can glean the importance of every one of them stepping up: getting rid of their remaining ICE vehicles and fossil fuel using appliances, installing solar, and voting for leadership that knows that "science" is real (vs. a "Chinese hoax").

Eventually the shame of being so intentionally moronic will drive the children-in-adult-bodies into hiding, or so we should all hope. An entire planet's future rests on that outcome.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
--Neil Degrasse Tyson
Didn’t read most of the post but no I do not believe trump won, no I do not think Biden is better. In fact everytime someone brings up politics my answer is simple and it comes from the show It’s always sunny in Philadelphia where one of the characters said “who am I supposed to vote for? The democrats that are blasting me in the a** or the republicans that want to blast me in the a**? Politics is one big a** blast” aka they’re all corrupt and why wouldn’t they be when they spend millions to get into office in the first place.

I doubt news (coming from Fox News) that Ted Cruz fled town for warmer weather will play out well for him.

Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with family amid Texas power crisis: source

Not unexpectedly the opposing party in Texas asked for his resignation. Really bad optics and if I were a citizen there I would be very unhappy if my city/State leaders left the State during this crisis there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-storm/2021/02/18/ff0fd950-71ea-11eb-93be-c10813e358a2_story.html

Last edited:
I doubt news (coming from Fox News) that Ted Cruz fled town for warmer weather will play out well for him.

Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with family amid Texas power crisis: source

Not unexpectedly the opposing party in Texas asked for his resignation. Really bad optics and if I were a citizen there I would be very unhappy if my city/State leaders left the State during this crisis there.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...0fd950-71ea-11eb-93be-c10813e358a2_story.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...0fd950-71ea-11eb-93be-c10813e358a2_story.html
On a similar political vein: Follow the money. Lots of oil&gas money to Republicans, who curiously blame everything on renewables.
How Much the Oil Industry Paid Texas Republicans Lying About Wind Energy
What’s happening in Texas right now is a perfect storm of poor planning, crazy weather, and a widespread government failure to prepare the electric grid. Fossil fuels had a big part to play in how this disaster went down as natural gas and coal sources failed at multiple points, from energy sources themselves freezing to pipelines shutting down. The Texas grid’s terrible setup—a lack of integration with other states to ensure a consistent power supply, lagging weatherization updates, predatory pricing habits—can’t be tied to one source, but politicians like Crenshaw, Cruz, and Abbott are choosing to hammer down on renewables while blessing fossil fuels, similar to how they’ve reacted during California’s blackouts in recent years. While it’s impossible to say why, their donations tell a pretty damning story here—and research has shown donors make it rain on politicians who do their bidding.

I have a lot of 'red' friends on FB and boy they are throwing out the green conspiracy theories about how solar and wind caused all of this. I normally don't engage but on some I just had to say something. Is there a good place to find out energy facts vs more crap that skewed news outlets produce?
Well, Texas’ own Governor Abbot on Fox News said renewables are 10%, therefore by deduction, 90% are not. Thus 90% of the problem is.......Well, shucks even a red friend should be able to figure that out.
Texas largely relies on natural gas for power. It wasn’t ready for the extreme cold.
Perhaps, follow the money:
How Much the Oil Industry Paid Texas Republicans Lying About Wind Energy

This is stupid. I know plenty of democrats that drive trucks as well as republicans that drive Tesla’s. You don’t need any party affiliation to be a POS.

Totally agree. it sounds like when people label bad persons doing a bad act and tie it to their religion saying oh he is this religion that’s why he did that. So stupid.
regardless of their party or believes, the act is bad. It’s totally on them and is unacceptable no matter what!

2016 or 2020? Both losers claimed to have had the election stolen from them.
Which is why Ucnmdd’s comment is funny. If you think either election was “stolen” then you are stupid, regardless of political party. But, it seems a chunk of people who think the most recent election was stolen seem to also think violence is justified, as this chump who keyed his car did.

• Disagree
Reactions: onshi and X-pilot
Which is why Ucnmdd’s comment is funny. If you think either election was “stolen” then you are stupid, regardless of political party. But, it seems a chunk of people who think the most recent election was stolen seem to also think violence is justified, as this chump who keyed his car did.
There are chunks on left who the feel very comfortable with violence too (see what's been happening around Portland or Seattle, how some AOC fan firebombed an ICE office with people in it, or a group blocked all exits of a police station and set it on fire with police officers in the building) or in some cases just economic justice (google "In defense of looting" piece brought to you by NPR).

There are Tesla's vandalized or looted in San Francisco or Seattle, by people who felt 2016 was stolen and 2020 was a justified comeback - you know, they bring social justice for the rich who can afford a Tesla. Perhaps this incident was one of those?

There are crazies on both sides of the spectrum, but if you read only the left or only the right echo-chambers on the internet, you don't see both ends of absurd stupidity.

Based on his demographic, what he's driving, state he's in (Motown state..'murican gas and diesel vehicles), wouldnt suprise me at all if it was done as anger towards green energy...(with a dash of anger at "stolen" election).

Cuz we all know, EVERYONE is against "them"...all media, all tech companies, leadership in Georgia, the entire supreme court, most all court judges including with (red) judges... (By the way..the irony is that in this case, big tech is what caught him.)

So yeah, a lot of anger that things wont be "great" again. (the guy in the video looks like "great" to him was right around the height of slavery).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.