Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to recruit Tesla and every Tesla owner to support Neil Young and a rising chorus of other musicians in their opposition to Spotify harboring and profiting from anti-science, anti-vaccination podcasters on its network.

I’ve read that Musk supports the science of vaccines and has spoken against the anti-vaxers.

Currently we Tesla owners have little choice but to subscribe to Spotify for our music service. Tesla, if you’re listening, now is the time to drop the Spotify app in favor of SiriusXM and other music streaming services.
Oh come on. The platform isn’t responsible for the content. Leave it alone

Reactions: btenison
No. When it comes to podcasts, Spotify owns those shows. It is responsible for the content just as Netflix or Hulu controls what programs to host and the audience they want to attract.
Nope. That’s why they all say “listen on your favorite platform. Apple podcasts, Spotify, I heart radio.”

You’re fighting a losing fight. Especially in these forums. No one cares.

...exactly what Joe Rogan said that was so bad...

Spotify has taken down many podcasts that are "dangerous false, deceptive, or misleading content about COVID-19 that may cause offline harm and/or pose a direct threat to public health."

Joe Rogan: "I'm not an anti-vax person. I believe they're safe and encourage many people to take them." with a clarification:

.No need for COVID-19 vaccines for young/healthy people

“I’ve said, yeah, I think for the most part it's safe to get vaccinated. I do. I do. But if you're like 21 years old, and you say to me, should I get vaccinated? I'll go no.”

. promotes unproven Ivermectin

.Along the lines of Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham from Fox, Joe Rogan also promotes discredited claims from vaccine scientist.

.Vaccines are not working

."getting vaccinated puts people who already have had COVID-19 at higher risk"

.“mass-formation psychosis: third of the population basically being hypnotized” by Fauci.

.US pandemic policy is Nazi Germany

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: coleman567
I’d like to recruit Tesla and every Tesla owner to support Neil Young and a rising chorus of other musicians in their opposition to Spotify harboring and profiting from anti-science, anti-vaccination podcasters on its network.

I’ve read that Musk supports the science of vaccines and has spoken against the anti-vaxers.

Currently we Tesla owners have little choice but to subscribe to Spotify for our music service. Tesla, if you’re listening, now is the time to drop the Spotify app in favor of SiriusXM and other music streaming services.

This is the software update forum?

….and Musk just posted a Hitler meme…on the heels of the Joe Rogan stuff. I’m really about to pull the plug on my Tesla order.

Really uncomfortable by the politics, the mental instability, and everything this gentleman’s brand is coming to represent.
Problem is not that he is saying and doing these things. When many do this as a norm and way worse, people turn the other way. The problem is that unlike other CEO's and personality types, he puts his first thoughts out on his twitter-sleeve.

Have ya ever bought a Kroger product?

….and Musk just posted a Hitler meme…on the heels of the Joe Rogan stuff. I’m really about to pull the plug on my Tesla order.

Really uncomfortable by the politics, the mental instability, and everything this gentleman’s brand is coming to represent.
He always shows mental stress issues when business doesn't go well. Another indication that Q1 will be a disaster.

Problem is not that he is saying and doing these things. When many do this as a norm and way worse, people turn the other way. The problem is that unlike other CEO's and personality types, he puts his first thoughts out on his twitter-sleeve.
There is no reason - none at all - for a tech CEO to post the photo of a dictator responsible for mass genocide. And terrifying that the post has over 100k likes.

But I guess some right wing nut job will order the Model X I‘m about to cancel. I won’t give my money to this kind of a mentally-ill lunatic. Let him sell EVs to Nazis, I guess I’m buying gasoline a while longer.

He should have avoided it but his meme’s not wrong. They’re constantly calling people racist or nazis if they disagree with them politically.

There is no reason - none at all - for a tech CEO to post the photo of a dictator responsible for mass genocide. And terrifying that the post has over 100k likes.

But I guess some right wing nut job will order the Model X I‘m about to cancel. I won’t give my money to this kind of a mentally-ill lunatic. Let him sell EVs to Nazis, I guess I’m buying gasoline a while longer.
I didn't take it as him glorifying a Nazi, as you seem to imply. I think his meme is a decade too late, since many of us, and even I, overreacted to people doing bad things and calling them a Nazi or something close to it. Because we do and have overreacted. To this he and his poorly crafted meme is still correct. You can only put a few people in the same category as Hitler, like that Dutch dude King Leopold or Stalin or Mao or the United States lol. Hah! I got ya!! :eek:😆😆😅

Anyways I don't get why we are ok with people doing horrible things in our current background, yet a guy whom is doing things of greatness in our midst and does something that is unpleasant, now everything else monumental positive he does, suddenly means nothing. Dude is on the spectrum so remember that and take it all into the myriad contexts. There are 90k Tesla employees and counting, that didn't post this meme. So no offense, but relax, and get back to fretting and sobbing about not getting the best vehicle on the planet with the rest of us non-Vinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.