Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... too bad "Brandon" is no longer allowing the tax credit.

Of course, the law written years before "Brandon' took office, set a sales limit cap, which Tesla and GM have now exceeded, which is why buyers of those cars are no longer able to receive a tax credit. Once manufacturers sell above 200,000 vehicles, they're no longer eligible.

And if "Brandon's" Build back better bill had passed, which NO repub voted for, Tesla buyers would have again received a $7500 discount, but instead of a tax "credit", which only reduced your tax bill up to $7500 in Federal Taxes , you would have actually received a check for any of the tax credit you weren't able to utilize, because your tax bill was below $7,500...so all buyers, regardless of what they owed in taxes, would have received a full $7500.

But hey...let's blame "Brandon", cause, you know... facts?!?
Tesla America’s leader in building EV’s yet Brandon doesn’t acknowledge it 😲 Why not? Yes the $7500 was allowed a while back before Brandon took office but could easily extended it; After all he’s the one who shut down the Keystone pipe line.. even Musk took him to task on it.. But you can always blame Trump for the war, gas prices, inflation and everything else 🤦🏻‍♂️😂🤣

Tesla America’s leader in building EV’s yet Brandon doesn’t acknowledge it 😲 Why not? Yes the $7500 was allowed a while back before Brandon took office but could easily extended it; After all he’s the one who shut down the Keystone pipe line.. even Musk took him to task on it.. But you can always blame Trump for the war, gas prices, inflation and everything else 🤦🏻‍♂️😂🤣
Go back to Truth Social or whichever watering hole your kind congregates. We're here to discuss Tesla Model Y, not spout these half truths mixed with out right nonsense.

Btw, in 04 I was paying like 4.75 for gas, might be a little hard for you to comprehend but the president doesn’t set the gas price @Msicario , they probably didn’t teach ya that on Fox News tho
😲🤣😂 Shutting down Keystone and buying 500K gallons a day from Russia might have something to do with $5.00+gal. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hunter not happy about not getting paid by his Ukrainian deals and the Big Guy not getting his 10% … 🤣😂
Let’s Go Brandon !

😲🤣😂 Shutting down Keystone and buying 500K gallons a day from Russia might have something to do with $5.00+gal. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hunter not happy about not getting paid by his Ukrainian deals and the Big Guy not getting his 10% … 🤣😂
Let’s Go Brandon !
06AF30CB-0D07-4AD6-8AD5-DB86F4615E5B.jpeg

Let’s Go Brandon !
Yea, something that happened in what, 2010 directly impacted my gas prices in 2004.
Sorry you’re still still having a melt down concerning the last election but we’re trying to elevate our knowledge here, not lower it, you seeing yourself out will greatly impact our common cause…

Yea, something that happened in what, 2010 directly impacted my gas prices in 2004.
Sorry you’re still still having a melt down concerning the last election but we’re trying to elevate our knowledge here, not lower it, you seeing yourself out will greatly impact our common cause…
Far from having any kind of meltdown 🤣😂 Presidents don’t affect my life, neither do gas prices; I don’t watch T.V 😂 I’ve been driving an EV for a long time.. Thanks to God, life has been very good.
Interesting comments from Musk, calling out Brandon in oil/gasoline while manufacturing EV’s 😲🤣😂

By that logic why is Iran sanctioned?
Iran has vowed to destroy Israel. People in power (wrong or right) have found this unacceptable.

Why did the US invade Iraq and Afghanistan?
Yes, the U.S. has been far from perfect. Initially the Iraqi people welcomed the U.S. to overthrow the dictator, but things turned sour quickly. People in Afghanistan attacked the U.S. U.S. then attacked Afghanistan to ensure future safety.

There are different levels of evil. Putin is a murderer. How would you feel if Trump had Biden killed before the election?

Iran has vowed to destroy Israel. People in power (wrong or right) have found this unacceptable.

Yes, the U.S. has been far from perfect. Initially the Iraqi people welcomed the U.S. to overthrow the dictator, but things turned sour quickly. People in Afghanistan attacked the U.S. U.S. then attacked Afghanistan to ensure future safety.

There are different levels of evil. Putin is a murderer. How would you feel if Trump had Biden killed before the election?
I wouldn’t feel anything. I don’t care.

Not sure if this is actually a serious question, but what would there be for any repair shop to gain in trying this? "backed into the back of my car" does not sound like a full disassembly or anything, and battery replacement on these cars is not "drop and replace".

You know what the car charges to now, screenshot the charging screen and compare it when you get back. the 100% charge should be the same or very very small difference. If you find a larger difference you could go back to the shop.

"Thoughts" (since you asked) are, "this is a fairly unusual question for someone to join here to ask, as it boils down to "what is the risk the repair shop I personally chose to repair my car will defraud me?"
He lives in Washington, where all those kleptocrats live. Can't be too careful! /s

Reactions: ElectricIAC
It's highly unlikely any of that is coming in the next six months with the current back log.

The most likely upgrades people will get by pushing their delivery as long as possible are the ones that have already arrived in the Shanghai production line... rear double paned window glass, cargo cover, matrix headlights on all LR cars and maybe very close to the end of this year the Gen 4 Autopilot configuration since Gen 3 is not going to make FSD a reality despite Tesla's previous boasts.
Why would Teslaninvest any money in upgrades now unless government mandated? It has been more than a year with M3 matrix lights with none for MY. Why do you think they’d spend extra to change MY now? Rear double laminated glass adds weight when they are trying to reduce it. And it costs more money. Literally 2 to 1 rear windows if they include it. If you think $200 per car on windows and $500 per car on headlights doesn’t add up when they have 200k waitlist, go work for Biden… (hint..it’s $140million to make the changes you speak of).

Why would Teslaninvest any money in upgrades now unless government mandated? It has been more than a year with M3 matrix lights with none for MY. Why do you think they’d spend extra to change MY now? Rear double laminated glass adds weight when they are trying to reduce it. And it costs more money. Literally 2 to 1 rear windows if they include it. If you think $200 per car on windows and $500 per car on headlights doesn’t add up when they have 200k waitlist, go work for Biden… (hint..it’s $140million to make the changes you speak of).
Are you aware of any upgrades done in Shanghai that didn’t eventually make their way to the US cars? I am not. The Model 3 refresh as well as the first wave of MY improvements debuted there and then were rolled out in California months later. There are legitimate reasons to do it related to supplier deals, etc.

Reactions: bkp_duke
why inject Biden in this discussion?

Reactions: JDL@h
Please don’t be so cynical, and distrustful of human nature and motives…democracy and capitalism can work together toward a better future…consider Tesla’s vision & mission statements:

Status
Not open for further replies.