Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The system doesn't always work. Innocent people have been locked up, and worse, and guilty have gone free. You know this.

Oh, so we are supposed to resort to MOB RULE? Because that's the next logical progression in the thinking you are proposing - if we "know" someone is guilty but the legal verdict isn't in line with that belief, then we just let the mob determine someone's fate?

What if we have two mobs, that don't agree on the "verdict"? It would then come down to mob vs. mob. There is a term for that, it's called Civil WAR.

Un-F-ing real that I'm having to have a Civics 101 conversation among educated people in 2022.

I'm still trying to sort out what kinds of free speech you folks actually believe in. It feels very ad-hoc and situational.

Full disclosure: I am in favor of strong moderation, very much like what is done on this board thru the hard work of skilled humans enforcing a wide ranging list of standards of conduct which go far far beyond the rules of basic public free speech.

I'm nearly a free-speech absolutist, and I might believe in more free speech than you if we were to really drill down, and I'm used to contentious topics. Most of the issues I care about and fight for are contentious, because that's where the battles are. This could be anything from universal healthcare to combating moon hoaxers, discussing evolution vs. those who reject this fact, religious debates, debates about feminist ideology, guns and 'gun control', etc. I've dealt with all of these issues since before the Internet, and have been kicked off of a few forums for daring to discuss these topics with willing participants in off-topic sections. Forums aren't free either, but when rational and reasonable adults run them they're great places to exchange ideas.

However, I don't believe it's ethical to impersonate someone, especially when it's a mob of people with bad intentions. We have locked-in unique usernames on this board (as it should be) and I think the same would benefit Twitter. With verification, individuals and companies can prove who they are, and those impersonating them can be forced to simply choose another name if it's confusing to a reasonable person.

If you go on Twitter as Lockheed Martini using their logo and you start talking about the imminent invasion in Russia....you cannot tell me that you're okay with this. Not if you're a reasonable and ethical person. Same with impersonating Hillary in the worst way, or Elizabeth Warren, or Elon, or Biden, or you or me. Again, doing it as humor is one thing, but attempting to fool people for some weird point-scoring isn't okay. SNL is one thing, but the people impersonating Musk and trying to make it seem as if he had close ties to Jeffrey Epstein was simply character assassination, and it's nothing new from the Left.

Your narrative here doesn’t mesh with the Tweet you posted. In fact it has nothing to do with the tweet.

I personally tend to agree with AOC on Trump in general.

But so far, our own government has been unable to get any criminal charges to stick on Trump. Why should a private company be judge and jury for individuals the government hasn’t even convicted?
By Thimkin!:rolleyes: and using their power of observation. If you don't know that Trump is a criminal you need to polish up your critical thinking skills too.

Man, MD is only at about 14 cents all in right now and that is fairly high compared to 2 years ago. Only those liberal states could drive energy costs up this high. I almost wish I had those prices here, as my electricity would be Zero cents as I would have already purchased a huge solar system. Payback can’t be that Long at all, especially if you guys have any SREC trading system.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Ridiculous slur that doesn't belong on this forum...
How about fascist? I prefer this slur for its outright accuracy. I'm so sorry that you get offended when Elon Musk is called out on being a terrible human being. What makes one align oneself with terrible people?

Perhaps. Although he just tweeted that his pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci, so…..
Elon Musk should be prosecuted for endless labor violations, slander, market manipulation, and much more. I'm so glad the world has been able to see him for who he really is—an utterly sad, disgusting excuse for a human being who just got lucky.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
How about fascist? I prefer this slur for its outright accuracy. I'm so sorry that you get offended when Elon Musk is called out on being a terrible human being. What makes one align oneself with terrible people?

Elon Musk should be prosecuted for endless labor violations, slander, market manipulation, and much more. I'm so glad the world has been able to see him for who he really is—an utterly sad, disgusting excuse for a human being who just got lucky.
Speechless. The world will keep moving forward without you.

E0A99354-12F5-48D2-884E-F31CCC7DC227.jpeg

Jared Kushner?

Status
Not open for further replies.