Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my wish list
  1. Add defrost, heat seater, and wiper icons to the main screen icon by adding them to the customizable App Launcher
  2. Please bring back the unified music favorites. Perhaps put stream, radio, and Spotify as sub-menu under the music icon. (Just like V10). I just need to see all my favorites in one spot.
  3. Get rid of the last used icons. (Taking valuable space). Allow us to have two more pinned icons.
  4. Dual passenger temperature controls are a waste of valuable space. V10‘s single temperature was working fine. Maybe add two more pinned icons instead of passenger temp.
  5. Move the blind-spot cam to the map area. I recommend placing the right blind spot on the right side of the screen and the left blind spot on the left side of the screen. Just use the same location where the backup camera and side views appear. It will make it easy for me to figure out which view I am looking at.
  6. Put the supercharging station icon or pin on the map.
  7. Put the driver profile and dashcam icon on the main screen. Four people are using my M3 and need to know which profile. Sometimes I need to record dashcam quickly without honking. No time to go to control setting
  8. Put the estimated battery capacity and round trip capacity on the navigation view. It is now at the bottom of the overview (I often use this to plan for charging when I am traveling a long distance.)
  9. Put the navigation view button back.
  10. Make the speedometer bigger and bold. And make fonts bigger. Old people also drive Tesla
  11. Put the autopilot icon next to the cruise control
  12. Use the standard blue color for on and off. I.e. seat warmer auto on/off is confusing
  13. Please give us an option to switch the map view and the speedometer view. I want to place the map view to the left and the speedometer view to the right. My right hand is always blocking the blind spot view.
  14. Waze app?
One more critical item
15. Homelink Skip/Cancel button. - For safety, driver needs to be able to cancel or skip auto closing. Otherwise, somebody is going to get hurt.

Reactions: rmh9 and Sporty
I have also heard that the side turn signal light floods the camera at night and the blind spot video is not very helpful. I have not yet tested this.
Here's the view I have when my blinker's on...
1642281528298.png

...The antithesis to your argument is that people resist change even when it is improvement. Most of the complaints really boil down to "its different" but are presented as "its worse" with no real explanation why. "I hate it" isnt really helpful or constructive. No wonder Tesla ignores forums like this :(
There are some "I hate it" posts, but most of the posts are articulating exactly what the issues are. Many are trying to offer workarounds and constructive ideas to repair the damage.
Have you looked through the threads especially in the AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD forum? Lots of great ideas.

...The automatic seat heat works great if you like having a sweltering, sweaty butt.
That's a problems for Tesla. The engineers and designers are in California like you.
They can't image a zero degree day, not even 0°C let alone a real 0°F or worse.
They could not imagine door handles freezing, doors freezing, or charging ports freezing closed.

Tesla can't understand that no one is "sweltering" at zero.

So they can't imagine needing seat heaters or why fast access to defogging matters.
Instead Tesla is the leader in streaming audio, streaming video, and lots and lots of video games.

That's a problems for Tesla. The engineers and designers are in California like you.
They could not imagine door handles freezing, doors freezing, or charging ports freezing closed.

So they can't imagine needing seat heaters or why fast access to defogging matters.
Instead Tesla is the leader in streaming audio, streaming video, and lots and lots of video games.
I would love to see the telematics on what percentage of the fleet ever have even opened a game. Bet it is less than 50%.

I have a minor one and it pro

You forgot about opening the trunk in the rain. (at least on the original M3. Don’t know about the current one)

• Funny
Reactions: K5TRX and lensovet

Please keep California out of this. We have all the seasons at the same time. If they wanted to test the extremes they do not even need to leave the state. Just drive from San Diego to Dead Valley, San Francisco and Tahoe.

Reactions: smogne41
After playing around with the HVAC a bit more I think I understand how it works.
The sync button syncs both driver and passenger controls. If it is active then either the passenger or the driver can adjust the temp. Otherwise, they are split. Passenger control shows up only if there is someone in the passenger seat.
If the HVAC is off the swipe up does not work. I have to tap on the screen, swipe to bring up the full menu (or mini menu) in order to see or adjust seat heater, defogger and defroster. Then I have to turn the HVAC off.
Am I missing something?

Reactions: K5TRX
Please keep California out of this. We have all the seasons at the same time. If they wanted to test the extremes they do not even need to leave the state. Just drive from San Diego to Dead Valley, San Francisco and Tahoe.
Yes. Ok. But it is some sort of Tesla thing. The freezing charge port. Wipers. Trunk. And now heat pumps are pointing at weather/geo/living-style gaps in the design.

Reactions: K5TRX and Boza
Actually Tesla’s based in Texas now so it’s a Texas thing. Remember what happened a year ago when they got some snow? Their entire power grid failed.

• Funny
Reactions: K5TRX and Boza
There are some "I hate it" posts, but most of the posts are articulating exactly what the issues are. Many are trying to offer workarounds and constructive ideas to repair the damage.
Have you looked through the threads especially in the AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD forum? Lots of great ideas.
Indeed i have and i enjoy the suggestions even when i dont agree with them .. my remarks were primaily aimed at the more “i hate it!” Blanket condemnations.

Reactions: K5TRX
Agree. Most people I’ve seen cite pretty specific complaints and their reasons. The bigger problem is the responses, most of which are some form of
- “it doesn’t matter because you can use voice commands”
- “it doesn’t matter because it’s automated”
- “it works for me [and therefore you must be doing it wrong]”
- “it’s not that much more difficult, what’s the problem?”
- “it’s your fault for not taking the time to learn the interface”
- “sounds like a Tesla isn’t for you.”

Agree. Most people I’ve seen cite pretty specific complaints and their reasons. The bigger problem is the responses, most of which are some form of
Great summary of hundreds of posts, thanks.

Reactions: K5TRX and rmh9
I love the significant overlap between the "a Tesla isn't for you" people and the "Everybody will buy a Tesla eventually!" crowd :)

Reactions: K5TRX and sleepydoc
I love the significant overlap between the "a Tesla isn't for you" people and the "Everybody will buy a Tesla eventually!" crowd :)

I think we can all agree that an update like v11 would *not* be good for mass adoption. Reasonably certain that the general public would be very upset to have a major change to begin with, let alone a change that makes so many things worse.

I am trying to think of any reason I would want to know if my wipers are on auto or not if it is not raining? When it starts to rain they will either come on or I will hit the button and get the setting screen up...as for not a good idea if window is dry...how do you clean dirty windows of bug glue and dirt while on a road trip? I use wipers and the water spray...no damage to my windscreen...
If you live somewhere where it snows, you'll understand the issue with pressing the stalk button (actuating the wipers) to bring up the wiper controls. For example if you had left the wipers on 'Auto' from a previous rainy day ('Auto' works well most of the time in rain) and you now have dry blowing snow that's not sticking to the windshield, the wipers automatically come on and you hear that loud dry rubber on glass noise after a couple swipes (bad for the rubber and the glass). You shouldn't have to press the stalk button once again (actuating the wipers and scraping dry rubber on dry glass) just to access quick wiper controls. If your window isn't dirty and your car is fairly clean, you don't necessarily want to squirt fluid all over the place just to avoid that final dry scrape.

The wiper control icon needs to come back (along with the seat heater and defroster icons) for a safe winter driving experience (like before this V11 update). It makes sense for those who live in warm climates to have the option of removing these icons but they shouldn't be taken away from many of us who need them. V11 now requires more attention off the road to operate these controls, which is completely unacceptable for those who need them.

I would love to see the telematics on what percentage of the fleet ever have even opened a game. Bet it is less than 50%.
My data point would be misleading. I have yet to play a single game in my car. But the first time I brought my 3 to where my nephew was, he was standing out in the rain, waiting for me to show up, he was so excited about the Tesla. He has a LOT of time in my car playing games. So much so that I bought controllers for him and whoever joins him.

I quickly became "favorite uncle."