Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No surprises at all. This issue will likely be present in all Plaids to at least some degree. We need a way to make this front and center of Tesla’s to-fix list.
stopped by to see my potential 2022 new car, must have been a lot queen for awhile.
this Car looks like it’s been outside for months.
does not even smell new.

Attachments

• 1631A130-8462-4CBE-A90E-22321E3AC460.jpeg
    1631A130-8462-4CBE-A90E-22321E3AC460.jpeg
    809.8 KB · Views: 116
While at the SC I asked to take a tech out to see if he felt the vibration. He did and said it felt like the half shafts maybe. He looked up to see that Tesla is aware and Engineering is working on it. So they really could do nothing until Engineering gives them direction.

If you have it, report it so Engineering will see the true scope of the issue.
Report it where? I have taken to SC twice, but want to make sure I report it wherever possible. This needs to be fixed. Thanks!

If you voted previously in the poll above, and things have changed for the worse (e.g., I don't have it..... Oh, now I do have it....), please be sure to update your vote!
I was quite careful to look for this when I first saw it mentioned on the forums. I was quite sure that I had no sign of it. Then, after 5k miles, without even trying to look for it, I noticed it under my right foot while giving slight accel in the 40s. It is extremely mild, barely noticable, but there it is . . .

Last edited:
I was quite careful to look for this when I first saw it mentioned on the forums. I was quite sure that I had no sign of it. Then, after 5k miles, without even trying to look for it, I noticed it under my right foot while giving slight accel in the 40s. It is extremely mild, barely noticable, but there it is . . .
And greater it will become with time and miles.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Mines a Sep 2020 LR and I started get the vibrations at about 7k miles. Took it in and they replaced the front half shafts (4 days in the workshop) no questions asked and it was very smooth after. However, another 5k miles in beginning to feel the vibration again I think - will give it another 2k and see if it gets worse again. Time to sell on I think.

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
Mines a Sep 2020 LR and I started get the vibrations at about 7k miles. Took it in and they replaced the front half shafts (4 days in the workshop) no questions asked and it was very smooth after. However, another 5k miles in beginning to feel the vibration again I think - will give it another 2k and see if it gets worse again. Time to sell on I think.
A 2020 LR is not the refreshed Model S. Did you mean, 2021?

Has anyone with refresh MS LR or Plaid had the vibration fixed or seen a service bulletin yet? I really want to schedule a third service appointment for it but since the SC took 0 action the first two times, feels like until there is a service bulletin it will be an exercise of futility.

Has anyone with refresh MS LR or Plaid had the vibration fixed or seen a service bulletin yet? I really want to schedule a third service appointment for it but since the SC took 0 action the first two times, feels like until there is a service bulletin it will be an exercise of futility.
It seems like there is a private or confidential engineering bulletin on the vibration, but no fix yet.