Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Double shaking my head now. All anyone here knows about performance cards are 0-xxx numbers.
That's NOT why people buy Porsche sports cars. It's all about how a car allows you to feel the road, and how fast it allows you to drive around a turn and feel good doing it. My point is, Porsche isn't going to be making 0-xx mph their main focus in terms of performace goals.

Everyone who actually drives a car in a city or anywhere but a track loves instant torque and quick acceleration. As soon as someone turns their blinker on in America, people here floor it to close the gap so they can't get over. So the faster you car is 0-60, the better.

actually that's the car. Seriously. It is not a concept car.
yea%20OK.gif

that's understandable...facts are like kryptonite to people arguing hyperbole and fanboyism. Good talk.

Nah.. I just read until I found something that was factually incorrect then stopped. I read the first line where you dont even know what Electrify America is and I stopped reading because you really haven't earned enough respect yet as a poster for me to read all that gibberish. Try shorter more fact based posts and maybe ill read them.

All they've said so far is that the 189 Porsche dealers will have the chargers. Worthless for road trips.
no.

Vw/Audi/Porsche(vag) , BMW and Mercedes along with Ford Europe put billions together with Shell to install a network of fast charging charging stations across Europe. They'll do the same here.
The European network will be complete by 2020 when they actually have some cars to charge same here on a 1 year delay I reckon. Note they said completed by 2020...but up and running sooner. Just not all the locations yet. Similar to tesla superchargers which started out spread thin and filled in density over time.

Anyone who scoffs at this needs to give their heads a shake...we're talking about some of the biggest car companies on earth, profitable and successful ones. The kind who deliver products on time. They're not sitting on their ass while tesla eats their lunch. This is happening.

You were referring to the "exclusive" Porsche chargers at a purported 800 volts. Those are not part of the DC fast charging network that is not exclusive that VW and others are doing.

The "exclusive" Porsche chargers are only at Porsche dealers and a few other Porsche facilities. -- Worthless for road trips.

Be straight about what you are talking about: the exclusive 800 volt porsche chargers? Or the non-exclusive fast Dc charger network with VW and others? Which in Europe will be open to Tesla also and so not at all exclusive.

In either case they are years behind.

no.

Vw/Audi/Porsche(vag) , BMW and Mercedes along with Ford Europe put billions together with Shell to install a network of fast charging charging stations across Europe. They'll do the same here.
The European network will be complete by 2020 when they actually have some cars to charge same here on a 1 year delay I reckon. Note they said completed by 2020...but up and running sooner. Just not all the locations yet. Similar to tesla superchargers which started out spread thin and filled in density over time.

Anyone who scoffs at this needs to give their heads a shake...we're talking about some of the biggest car companies on earth, profitable and successful ones. The kind who deliver products on time. They're not sitting on their ass while tesla eats their lunch. This is happening.

Facts? Evidence?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean Wagner
no.

There is no chance at all that there will be anything like that in North America by 2021.

There is no chance at all that there will be anything like that in North America by 2021.

Not jumping in on either side of the main argument going here, but it is completely feasible for a major auto manufacturer to have the resources to install several thousand charging stations in the US over a 4 year period and even easier for a coalition of several automakers together with a company like Shell to do it. As an example, Dollar General built 900 new stores in 2017 alone which is way more involved than installing a charging station, and Starbucks opened over 2,000 locations in 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: sakimano
Not jumping in on either side of the main argument going here, but it is completely feasible for a major auto manufacturer to have the resources to install several thousand charging stations in the US over a 4 year period and even easier for a coalition of several automakers together with a company like Shell to do it. As an example, Dollar General built 900 new stores in 2017 alone which is way more involved than installing a charging station, and Starbucks opened over 2,000 locations in 2017.

LoL, no one questions if it can be done or not. They don't lack the ability, they lack the will. Never forget this fact as well. None of the magical cars coming in 2020 are mass market. There are all compliance level production maybe a bit more. 10-20k units per year world wide. They will lose $10k per car on the batteries alone. Why lose another $10k per car on building out a huge charging network? VW also already must build out that network in the us because of diesel gate and it's open to everyone, including Tesla.

Sure it's feasible, but it won't happen.

LoL, no one questions if it can be done or not. They don't lack the ability, they lack the will. Never forget this fact as well. None of the magical cars coming in 2020 are mass market. There are all compliance level production maybe a bit more. 10-20k units per year world wide. They will lose $10k per car on the batteries alone. Why lose another $10k per car on building out a huge charging network? VW also already must build out that network in the us because of diesel gate and it's open to everyone, including Tesla.

They may be compliance cars. But given how much Tesla has eaten out of the luxury segment, I think this is also a way of the traditional manufacturers to capture back some of those sales. Soon all the high-end premium will be EV-based. Jag has anounced their XJ replacement will be all electric. I would not be shocked to see similar offerings from S-class, 7 series and such. From there, just trickling down.

They may be compliance cars. But given how much Tesla has eaten out of the luxury segment, I think this is also a way of the traditional manufacturers to capture back some of those sales. Soon all the high-end premium will be EV-based. Jag has anounced their XJ replacement will be all electric. I would not be shocked to see similar offerings from S-class, 7 series and such. From there, just trickling down.

Sorry to say but if that's the case, they have made a grave error. No Tesla customer is going to buy a jag (when I say no, I mean very few). It will be jag customers primarily and those who might have otherwise purchased a land Rover or European small SUV. This is because it really doesn't compete directly with Tesla's current offerings. This hurts jag the most because they would have sold them an fpace or land Rover instead. That is short term, but I believe they must get there feet wet in the ev space for long term prosperity and I think this is a great start. It costs money to build a brand and Tesla dominates the EV brand. No vehicles announced by any manufacture over the next couple of years will adversity impact Tesla, if anything it will open the door for Tesla sales. Those brands are at higher risk of damaging their own profitable icev businesses then Tesla's.

These vehicle's help Tesla because they work to make EVs more main stream. But BMW and Daimler and Porsche people will buy EVs made by the brands they are loyal to. Agnostics like me, will but Tesla's because they are better. Does any one really think the model y will be a lesser vehicle then the Ipace? My guess is that it will be big enough for 7 seats yet much smaller then an X. 300+ Mile range in a similar price range as the 240 mile I place. It will be able to tow, because the model 3 can.

My guess is that the model X 75D and 100D are going to get a software update to unlock < 4.5 sec 0-60. Just a hunch. S will get sub 4.1 sec. As well.