Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

another Porsche ev?

love the lighting details inside and out and interior looks very study and fresh. Tesla needs to pick up the pace and refresh pretty quick. While the super charging network is a plus they cant just depend on that to keep selling more cars when cool autos like this are on the horizon. I mean the whole dash and console thing is so sleek and sharp here. Makes the telsla model s look like 1990's.

this is a great time to be filthy rich....too bad i am not.lol

model y better really be something spectacular if tesla still wants sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eclectic

another Porsche ev?

love the lighting details inside and out and interior looks very study and fresh. Tesla needs to pick up the pace and refresh pretty quick. While the super charging network is a plus they cant just depend on that to keep selling more cars when cool autos like this are on the horizon. I mean the whole dash and console thing is so sleek and sharp here. Makes the telsla model s look like 1990's.

this is a great time to be filthy rich....too bad i am not.lol
Porsche needs to concentrate on their first one. They are starting to adopt the VAG corporate mentality to just "flood the market" with one off engineering exercises and show pieces.

well...it shows they are thinking ahead though. I expect a spidyer to be next. Then they will have a whole line. I am glad to see them pushing forward with the ev thing to give tesla some competition. I mean sure most people here own a tesla but I bet plenty of you think the mission e is a good thing and very cool. Lets face it- whats shown in that vid is light years ahead of tesla in style and looks and lighting. Of course its a concept car but its not cgi from what i can tell.Little things like the interior color lighting with dimmer is just a personal touch.I am sure they have lighted vanity mirrors and hooks and grab handles and seatbelt height adjust.

+1 Outside of a BMW, my luck with European cars has been lousy. Last MB went through $20,000 plus in repairs, including 2 air conditioners and replacing almost all the front suspension/ steering. If I couldn’t have a Tesla, give me a Japanese product. My S is the only car i’ve owned that has needed zero trips to the shop.

Reactions: Reciprocity
+10 S has been to the shop a few times but just for unlocking and minor cosmedic(switch out the sliding console door with the ash wood one) Headlight aiming- oh and 1 headlamp had to be replaced the week after we got it(4/2017) - rotate tires/swap snow tires.Thats about it.
I am hearing wind noise from the drivers upper left windscreen area on windy days and on freeway so i have read that some windscreens need to be replaced or reseated???? We will see when they test drive it soon.

MB- no thanx.Their cars look like chevys now to me. Bmw? Dont care for the ;looks. Infiniti- meh. Dont really want gasoline anymore.

i dont think so really. Sure they learned from tesla but an ev is not rocket science. If i was a serious company i would buy a model s and take it apart and then design my version learning from the model s and adding my companies flavor.
And id want to do it BETTER and capture as much customers as i can from tesla i should add. Also price it competively.Approach it in a serious manner. If customer x has x$$$ and is looking at a tesla s I would want them to look at mine as well for the same balpark $$. Sure a company like rimac releases a concept 2 sports car ev for 1 million dollars but noone with a tesla would consider it really nore would porche owners for instance. Jay leno and pro sports players and moguls/actors would buy one but thats about it. Porsche could market the ev like that and price it at 2x the tesla s and get a few buyers but somehow i dont think thats what they really want to do. They are testing the waters for sure but are dead serious.

$85,000! I'm Bean!
bean.png

But the battery management system is what is complex. See how Nissan has struggled.

Actually back in 2010, Tesla had a bunch of roadster and RAV and I think something for Mercedes, power trains on the road supplying data to them. VW and its affiliates still doesn't have that.

Yes i agree the battery is the real key to any of these cars. But i would hope porsche with its vast $$ and engineers and connections could get way past the tesla 2010 battery tech in 2018/19. Tesla paved the way no doubt but porshe is taking it to a whole new level with luxury which many people want to pay for and EXPECT at 80k+ autos. I mean tesla fan boi or not we all have to admit the model s is overpriced for what it offers in terms of luxury inside the car. Just the door pockets/lighted vanity mirrors/jooks/grab handles/much faster cpu-screen are just basic must haves for a 80k plus vehicle.

Sure many of us paid 70-130k for what we have now and we love our cars but we also know that tesla is lacking for that pricepoint in luxury.ITS A LUXURY VEHICLE. Its not a 30k car. And even the 40k model 3 offers all i have listed above-go figure.
Good for porsche and pushing the limit. The average buyer cares more about luxury and reliability at 80k plus then 0-60 and going 150mph. I would much rather have a slower car thats sporty looking and luxurious inside. We all know ev is capable of faster speeds then ice due to engineering. So do i need 0-16 1.7 or 3 sec? nooooooooooooooo.....4.2-6 is just fine. But give me inside luxury/cool lighting and touch screens over the 0-60.Sure you can have both but its not worth the extra cost for the speed.

Yes i agree the battery is the real key to any of these cars. But i would hope porsche with its vast $$ and engineers and connections could get way past the tesla 2010 battery tech in 2018/19. Tesla paved the way no doubt but porshe is taking it to a whole new level with luxury which many people want to pay for and EXPECT at 80k+ autos. I mean tesla fan boi or not we all have to admit the model s is overpriced for what it offers in terms of luxury inside the car. Just the door pockets/lighted vanity mirrors/jooks/grab handles/much faster cpu-screen are just basic must haves for a 80k plus vehicle.

Sure many of us paid 70-130k for what we have now and we love our cars but we also know that tesla is lacking for that pricepoint in luxury.ITS A LUXURY VEHICLE. Its not a 30k car. And even the 40k model 3 offers all i have listed above-go figure.
Good for porsche and pushing the limit. The average buyer cares more about luxury and reliability at 80k plus then 0-60 and going 150mph. I would much rather have a slower car thats sporty looking and luxurious inside. We all know ev is capable of faster speeds then ice due to engineering. So do i need 0-16 1.7 or 3 sec? nooooooooooooooo.....4.2-6 is just fine. But give me inside luxury/cool lighting and touch screens over the 0-60.Sure you can have both but its not worth the extra cost for the speed.

What nonsense is this? 2010 battery tech? What silicon in the anode tech was deployed in 2010? What was the specific energy of the cells available in 2010?

We are seeing how other cars are having a hard time competing in 2018 with Tesla's vehicles. It is extremely difficult to cost reduce the most expensive parts of a long range BEV. With a Tesla, you are paying for oodles of the latest tech in the drivetrain and in the electronics. You are talking about very small items relative to the overall package. Sure, if that dominates your purchase criteria, then by all means buy something else.