Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been CHAdeMO in Kamloops since 2013 and CCS since March of 2018.

Relying on public fast chargers for a road trip immediately raises my anxiety level. I sure hope they build out the number 3 highway here with superchargers because I have to rely on my Chademo adaptor which give rises to the anxiety of (1) will it be working; and (2) if working, will it be open or do I have to wait? Sounds like a fun road trip. Actually, I could deal with it 4 years ago but not anymore. Just the time waiting to supercharge is getting a bit annoying, although I won't admit that to my wife who found it annoying from the start.

In any event, the Bolt owner was at the L2 because it was a long weekend and the CCS was in use with another waiting. He did plan to go back but decided to go to the L2 while waiting. It reminded me of travelling before superchargers and keeping my finger's crossed the 80 amp Sun Country in Hope was free since it was half-way to my cabin.

As I mentioned earlier, 2 Electrify America locations are already open and 10 are listed as “coming soon”.

Okay, you got me. They're building them at a rapid pace. Road trip time! :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Jeff N and EinSV
Yes, because it is just Porsche marketing hype trying to play catch up rather than being accurate like when Tesla uses the words.
I see. You might want to look at the comment by Webber a little bit more casually, because that's what it essentially was, casual.
It wasn't some official press release one sees on a product page etc. This is a simple thing which you are elevating.
But of course its promotion, hint, its an official video presenting the vehicle.

Last edited:
I see. You might want to look at the comment by Webber a little bit more casually, because that's what it essentially was, casual.
It wasn't some official press release one sees on a product page etc. This is a simple thing which you are elevating.
But of course its promotion, hint, its an official video presenting the vehicle.
Yes, I understand, he is a paid spokesperson which gives him zero credibility. He is delivering Porsche corporate message that the Mission E is a game changer which gives them zero credibility because the Mission E is not a game changer. It is simply following the path laid down by Tesla and trying to catch up. The only thing game changing for Porsche is that it appears that it will have a BEV with modest specifications in its line up sometime in the future. I welcome that addition but we can also criticize the hype that comes along with it.

Yes, I understand, he is a paid spokesperson which gives him zero credibility. He is delivering Porsche corporate message that the Mission E is a game changer which gives them zero credibility because the Mission E is not a game changer. It is simply following the path laid down by Tesla and trying to catch up. The only thing game changing for Porsche is that it appears that it will have a BEV with modest specifications in its line up sometime in the future. I welcome that addition but we can also criticize the hype that comes along with it.
BEV with 4 wheel steering, PASM, and torque vectoring should be pretty cool. Batteries by LG....pretty sure they'll be at least on par with Pannasonic...funny how lots of German R&D money can spur innovation.

Also....You'll get a pair of these....not game changing....but it will work 100%...."There is no Substitue":
Studio_20180522_203528.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Of course I want to see reviews and videos of testing of the Mission E before making any serious judgements, nonetheless my point stands and you may stay hung up on the "gamechanger" comment. Also, I don't own any products from or have any other stake in either company.

If this is modest specifications to you then all I can say is "Okay". Some from here With the Mission E, Porsche wants to solve problems we haven't thought of yet
At launch, the Mission E lineup will include three models rated at 402, 536, and 670 horsepower, respectively. All-wheel drive will come standard, according to Automobile Magazine, and rear-wheel drive could be offered a little later in the production run.
The battery pack stuffed under the passenger compartment will store enough electricity for about 300 miles of real-world range, according to early estimates, and it will be compatible with Porsche’s novel 800-volt technology.
"We can reveal inductive charging technology will be offered on the Mission E, too."

So how much faster will the Model 3 performance be vs the Mission E?
The Porsche EV you can afford? Or the hair-on-fire halo variant? There are 911's for $100k, and there are versions over $300k. The difference is performance.
Porsche is most likely going to take aim at the Model S P120DL with the Mission E GT(?), not the Model 3. Certainly they need to be concerned about the i-Pace SVR possibility as well. Jaguar also races EVs.

Last edited:
The Porsche EV you can afford? Or the hair-on-fire halo variant? There are 911's for $100k, and there are versions over $300k. The difference is performance.
Porsche is most likely going to take aim at the Model S P120DL with the Mission E GT(?), not the Model 3. Certainly they to be concerned about the i-Pace SVR possibility as well. Jaguar also races EVs.
I'm thinking....E4, E4-S, E4-GTS....like their other cars. Gonna be interesting to see what they release first...base or maybe some sort of GTS optioned car with AWD, 4 wheel steering, torque vectoring and PASM. Looks like the latest track video had a glass roof...hoping it will be a sunroof. It aint gonna be cheap...but man...its gonna be one helluva ride.

I wouldn't be surprised Performance Model 3 beats the Mission E doing 0-60, but I bet that Mission E will easily beat the Model 3 on a track. And traditionally that's where Porsche excels. They tend to focus on overall performance than one single element.

Maybe, maybe not. Model 3 will be lighter than the E, faster in a straight line & motor overheating issue seems much improved vs. the S.

Model 3 P probably will be better than a base 911 on the track as well. Which shows the dilemma Porsche is facing.

Porsche should be taking the lead on an all electric version of the 911 not fighting the 2014 P85D

Maybe, maybe not. Model 3 will be lighter than the E, faster in a straight line & motor overheating issue seems much improved vs. the S.

Model 3 P probably will be better than a base 911 on the track as well. Which shows the dilemma Porsche is facing.

Porsche should be taking the lead on an all electric version of the 911 not fighting the 2014 P85D

The Model 3 is a nice car, but not a track weapon. Take a look at the Nürburgring lap times... Nordschleife:cool:

I highly doubt it. If M3 and M4 can't touch base 911, how is Peformance Model 3 able to beat 911?

Reactions: FlatSix911
Some of these carspotters at Nürburgring Nordschleife are said to have clocked a Mission-e prototype with laptimes of 8 minutes.
That would sit between Porsche Panamera Turbo S (7:52mins) and BMW M3 (8:05mins) if true.
Rundenzeiten Nürburgring-Nordschleife

The last official goal was less than 8 minutes. And at least the old Panamera Turbo S should be beatable.