Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With that said....why do I freakin still want a Porsche. I'm siting here with an invite to configure since March.....guess I'll see what happens when more Taycan news comes out.

Back in the "old days" (circa 1970's) I really wasn't a car guy, but Porsches were the big thing. I used to go to bed at night and dream about getting a Porsche 911 Turbo. That was my dream car...

Fast forward to 2018. Still not a big "car guy", but I'm a total electric car guy. I saw the light the first time a work buddy of mine took me for a ride in his electric RAV4 in the late 1990's or early 2000's. I have been following EV development religiously since then. I remember reading about the Alpha Model S in Scientific American around 2010, which is when I started seriously following the exploits of Tesla. Piqued my interest for several reasons: 1) Upstart trying to change the entire automobile industry, 2) software guy running the show, 3) zero emission vehicle, 4) absolute killer performance, no more golf carts. I was hooked.

So the point is, I don't give a Ratz Azz about the Porsche Mission E, or any other ICE car. They are just dinosaurs who haven't realized their time has come. Specifically, this Porsche Taycan is going to be produced in very limited quantities as nothing more than a "halo car", so Porsche can have some claim to the EV space. It will be more expensive than previously thought, and produced in very limited quantities. Charging it for road trips will be left to the rollout of the Electrify America network, or the even less well defined Porsche network. They will sell a couple thousand a year, get a lot of press if they can beat the Model S in a couple categories, and declare themselves victorious. The press and web will have an absolute field day talking about the newest Tesla Killer. This website and others will make millions off the traffic of people reading everything there is to know about the car and its performance, and its "soul" (are you freaking kidding me? Lets just let our marketing department dream up some insane BS so the faithful will gobble it up...) And thats it, end of story. There is no "mass production follow on car" like the Model 3 that is going to change the world. Ain't gonna happen.

So you do not want a freakin Porsche! :D What you really want is the performance car of the future, the Roadster 2.0. It blows anything that anyone else has to offer now or in the future completely off the road. If you're an old school car guy, thats the end all and be all, unless it being an EV disqualifies it for some reason because the engine doesn't rev up and make loud noises like the Porsche does.

All the old school car guys with their big ICE engines are all dying off, them and their cars both. EV is the new paradigm, and the Model 3 flood is coming sure as the end of June and 5,000 Model 3's per week are being constructed. Welcome to the revolution. Porsche is not invited. Keine farfegnugen meine freunde.

RT

Back in the "old days" (circa 1970's) I really wasn't a car guy, but Porsches were the big thing. I used to go to bed at night and dream about getting a Porsche 911 Turbo. That was my dream car...

Fast forward to 2018. Still not a big "car guy", but I'm a total electric car guy. I saw the light the first time a work buddy of mine took me for a ride in his electric RAV4 in the late 1990's or early 2000's. I have been following EV development religiously since then. I remember reading about the Alpha Model S in Scientific American around 2010, which is when I started seriously following the exploits of Tesla. Piqued my interest for several reasons: 1) Upstart trying to change the entire automobile industry, 2) software guy running the show, 3) zero emission vehicle, 4) absolute killer performance, no more golf carts. I was hooked.

So the point is, I don't give a Ratz Azz about the Porsche Mission E, or any other ICE car. They are just dinosaurs who haven't realized their time has come. Specifically, this Porsche Taycan is going to be produced in very limited quantities as nothing more than a "halo car", so Porsche can have some claim to the EV space. It will be more expensive than previously thought, and produced in very limited quantities. Charging it for road trips will be left to the rollout of the Electrify America network, or the even less well defined Porsche network. They will sell a couple thousand a year, get a lot of press if they can beat the Model S in a couple categories, and declare themselves victorious. The press and web will have an absolute field day talking about the newest Tesla Killer. This website and others will make millions off the traffic of people reading everything there is to know about the car and its performance, and its "soul" (are you freaking kidding me? Lets just let our marketing department dream up some insane BS so the faithful will gobble it up...) And thats it, end of story. There is no "mass production follow on car" like the Model 3 that is going to change the world. Ain't gonna happen.

So you do not want a freakin Porsche! :D What you really want is the performance car of the future, the Roadster 2.0. It blows anything that anyone else has to offer now or in the future completely off the road. If you're an old school car guy, thats the end all and be all, unless it being an EV disqualifies it for some reason because the engine doesn't rev up and make loud noises like the Porsche does.

All the old school car guys with their big ICE engines are all dying off, them and their cars both. EV is the new paradigm, and the Model 3 flood is coming sure as the end of June and 5,000 Model 3's per week are being constructed. Welcome to the revolution. Porsche is not invited. Keine farfegnugen meine freunde.

RT
Nah...I wanna freakin Porsche ("there is no substitute")...the extra batts are icing on the cake. :D

Easy solution ... get both :cool:
Maybe....but it will definitely be the 35K model...that way I can buy more options on the Porsche :D

RT

It's hard to predict what will happen until the horsepower wars are over.

It's not wise to underestimate Porsche when they feel the need to make a point. They build race cars, not carnival rides or fashion statements.

All I can say is that unless something wildly changes, EVs will see the kind of horsepower wars that spark engines are moving through.

Reactions: gowthamn and R.S
I live in an area with a VERY high concentration of Teslas and yesterday I swear I saw a Porsche Mission E/Taycan on the road. It was pulling in to a gated community and I didn't have a chance to get a picture, but I saw it from several angles as it was leaving the main road. I was sure it couldn't have been the Mission E, but when I got home I saw that Porsche has had some of these cars in California this month. If I did see the Mission E, wow...it's stunning in person. If it wasn't the Mission E I sure would like to know what it was. I saw the car around Blackhawk (Danville) around 6 pm yesterday.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Troy and FlatSix911
I live in an area with a VERY high concentration of Teslas and yesterday I swear I saw a Porsche Mission E/Taycan on the road. It was pulling in to a gated community and I didn't have a chance to get a picture, but I saw it from several angles as it was leaving the main road. I was sure it couldn't have been the Mission E, but when I got home I saw that Porsche has had some of these cars in California this month. If I did see the Mission E, wow...it's stunning in person. If it wasn't the Mission E I sure would like to know what it was. I saw the car around Blackhawk (Danville) around 6 pm yesterday.
Maybe it was a Karma Revero?
Karma Revero
2018-karma-revero-red-side-view.png