Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my Model Y Long Range today from Southampton, adding Rimtrex trims and Vynl plates that I bought in anticipation of its arrival. Shocking weather driving back to the East Midlands (10am collection but in reality didn't get to see it until 10.30am but worth waiting for!) The nice surprise was that it was charged to 90%, but charged at Rugby on the way back just for the heck of it.

Sunday is now going to be explore and play day!
Can i ask where you got the Rimtrex from? I cant seem to find them for UK delivery?

So all lease cars come with premium connectivity for the whole duration of the lease?
I think so from my understanding as its factored into the payments
Need to check with your broker / funder. Not all do. Zenith / ZenAuto for example have told me they do not bundle this into the cost.

Some do this because they see the connectivity feature as essential for the full nav and infotainment functionality to be advertised and they don’t allow any of the Tesla upgrades (lex for example gave me a strict no to all the available upgrades, AB included).

As zen allow Tesla upgrades, it makes sense for them to allow the customer to choose if they want the connectivity I guess.

Reactions: NSS89
Oh go on then.. this is what I took on Saturday.

IMG_0772.jpeg

Fleet services was fun...
IMG_5814.jpeg

Well there was some free stuff I s'pose...
IMG_5816.jpeg

I dont know how many lease providers offer it. Perhaps its just if you lease it directly from Tesla
Some do, some don't. It's nothing to do with Tesla. Completely up to the funder if they want to bundle it into the monthly rentals.

Just to repeat myself (sorry, but I feel duty bound to keep banging on about this because there is so little transparency about it with lease brokers) - some funders do this because they have a blanket ban on any official Tesla upgrades whether OTA or in the service centre once the customer has their car.

Reactions: NSS89
Some do, some don't. It's nothing to do with Tesla. Completely up to the funder if they want to bundle it into the monthly rentals.

Just to repeat myself (sorry, but I feel duty bound to keep banging on about this because there is so little transparency about it with lease brokers) - some funders do this because they have a blanket ban on any official Tesla upgrades whether OTA or in the service centre once the customer has their car.
so if you lease a tesla, you are left with zero updates for the whole of your lease? isnt that a USP of Tesla

oh right, ok. worth mentioning if you sell your car to tesla as part-ex. they will remove the add-ons you purchased (i.e. make it stock) and offer it on as an extra for the new customer. cheeky or what
Not as far as I'm aware, no. The upgrades stay with the car. This isn't anything to do with the fact that lease companies won't let you buy software updates during the lease.