Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Folding Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also just got the email confirmation. I made the addition on Friday.

I have a 11/26 delivery, no change in delivery date.

I also got a confirmation email this morning showing the power folding mirrors added to my build for an extra $250. Made the change last Friday. Ordered the car Sep 29, don't have a delivery date specified yet, My Tesla web page just shows "December" for delivery.

I had called in to request the change on Saturday as well. The same guy I spoke to (Hunter) called me this morning to verbally confirm that they can do it. I confirmed my order on 10/17 I believe... So far, Tesla has been spectacular to deal with... how refreshing for a car company...

- - - Updated - - -

It would be awesome if the power folding mirrors were GPS enabled so that as I am pulling up to my garage they'll just fold in... !!!

One day left...are you going to make it Cine? Can't wait to see those 21" grays!
got a call this morning saying that the transport truck got delayed from Cali. My first DS phone call wanted to know if I could wait until Wednesday since they won't get it in until tomorrow morning and they'll need time to prep. I told them that I couldn't postpone since I have an opti coat appointment on Wednesday morning. My opti-coat detailer said to NOT have them detail the car! So, my appointment has now been confirmed for between 3 & 6 unless the carrier gets delayed even more!

got a call this morning saying that the transport truck got delayed from Cali. My first DS phone call wanted to know if I could wait until Wednesday since they won't get it in until tomorrow morning and they'll need time to prep. I told them that I couldn't postpone since I have an opti coat appointment on Wednesday morning. My opti-coat detailer said to NOT have them detail the car! So, my appointment has now been confirmed for between 3 & 6 unless the carrier gets delayed even more!
Sweet ride. Congrats in advance!

If you didn't order it with the mirrors, you're not getting the mirrors.

if you want them you have to call and have the October Tech package added ($250 extra). Given how close your delivery is, it might not be possible to add them. Call ASAP.

I talked to the DS this morning, added $250 and got the folding mirrors, no delay to 11/1 delivery since car isn't in production. Awaiting the updated MVPA.

Hi brianman of course you are joking but we know that retrofit is always more expensive rather than getting the option already with the new car. So I hope that the Design Studio for Europe will be upgraded as soon as possible including power folding mirrors (Just in case I would manage to get the Model S :smile:).
1. I hope the parking sensor retrofit gets cheaper than the initial reports we heard.
2. I expect the mirror retrofit to be cheaper than the parking sensor retrofit.

Just one opinion. :)

Someone posted earlier that they were turned down from adding the new mirrors to their order because the car had just started production, and since the don't pre-wire the mirrors they couldn't just throw the new ones on. That makes me think a retrofit won't be as cheap as you'd hope, as they need to route the new wiring harnesses up there. It's not as easy as just plugging the new ones in.