Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Folding Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confirmed 9/12 and not in production. Delivery date 11/1 for grey p85 with tech package. Will it ship with the power folding mirrors?
If you didn't order it with the mirrors, you're not getting the mirrors.

if you want them you have to call and have the October Tech package added ($250 extra). Given how close your delivery is, it might not be possible to add them. Call ASAP.

I get that the folding mirrors save a bit of space (about 4.5" per side according to the Specs page), but I personally would not want to be driving that close to anything regardless. If I'm going to hit the garage wall, I'd rather it be with the mirror than the side of the car. My wife would frequently hit the mirror on her car going in to the garage, and it would just fold back with no damage. Glad it wasn't the whole side of the car getting hung upon the door opening!

The only time I ever fold my mirror is when I'm in the garage walking up and down past the car. I fold it in so I don't bump in to it, but that is rare, and I'll be folding it manually from the outside anyway.

No disrespect to anyone looking forward to this option intended. :smile:

I'm not loosing any sleep over the mirrors. I have them on my 2 current vehicles, and I never use the feature. I understand it's important for some, but I wouldn't want to Squeeze into any space with that car anyways. C'mon TUESDAY!

And I'll add to that "come on THURSDAY!" Can you believe it's finally here? I'm not losing any sleep over the mirrors either. I just found out my wife's Van has them and I didn't even know it. If I need to pull in the mirror I'll just grab and pull like I always have. It's probably faster anyway. ;)

And I'll add to that "come on THURSDAY!" Can you believe it's finally here? I'm not losing any sleep over the mirrors either. I just found out my wife's Van has them and I didn't even know it. If I need to pull in the mirror I'll just grab and pull like I always have. It's probably faster anyway. ;)

Seems like you and I have been in this together for a year! Finally here! I'll post when I get it. anxiety!

The only time I would use them is getting into the garage, which is a tight fit thru the entrance. Plenty of room once I am inside the garage.

When I am in a parking lot, if possible I typically park way far away from other cars in the empty region.

If a space looks at all tight, I refuse to park there. I also don't park next to other cars that have dents.
Call me a car bigot. I can accept it. My prejudices have kept my cars dent free.

Seems like you and I have been in this together for a year! Finally here! I'll post when I get it. anxiety!

Hang in there man! Less than two days to go! Can't wait to see it!

- - - Updated - - -

The only time I would use them is getting into the garage, which is a tight fit thru the entrance. Plenty of room once I am inside the garage.

When I am in a parking lot, if possible I typically park way far away from other cars in the empty region.

If a space looks at all tight, I refuse to park there. I also don't park next to other cars that have dents.
Call me a car bigot. I can accept it. My prejudices have kept my cars dent free.

The worst place for me is 24 Hour Fitness. They CRAM the cars into the parking lot and I've gotten several dings there. I'm gonna employ some of your techniques in hopes of avoiding that for as long as possible. I wish these were made of something that didn't dent so easily... I'm a tad concerned about the aluminum... My Corvette was great in that regard. That's why them call them "plastic fantastic" I guess.

The worst place for me is 24 Hour Fitness. They CRAM the cars into the parking lot and I've gotten several dings there. I'm gonna employ some of your techniques in hopes of avoiding that for as long as possible. I wish these were made of something that didn't dent so easily... I'm a tad concerned about the aluminum... My Corvette was great in that regard. That's why them call them "plastic fantastic" I guess.

I think if you go for fitness it's only beneficial to you to walk a longer distance ;) So parking further away is a boon ;)

When possible, I still park far away (even after having the MS since January). However, when that's not possible - I end up folding my driver mirror - especially when parked next to someone who's parked in the other direction (i.e., one of us has backed into the spot) - and the space between the cars is tight enough that the mirror could be a problem.

Other than that, while I had power folding mirrors on my last car - and was disappointed not to have them on my MS - it hasn't been a problem so far. Higher priority would be the parking sensors - and adaptive cruise control...

When possible, I still park far away (even after having the MS since January). However, when that's not possible - I end up folding my driver mirror - especially when parked next to someone who's parked in the other direction (i.e., one of us has backed into the spot) - and the space between the cars is tight enough that the mirror could be a problem.

Other than that, while I had power folding mirrors on my last car - and was disappointed not to have them on my MS - it hasn't been a problem so far. Higher priority would be the parking sensors - and adaptive cruise control...
Yes, dynamic cruise control much more useful.