Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model 3 Orders to reach 100k in 24 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I'm going to go out on another limb... 250k orders in 24 hours...
The demand at stores I think beat everyones expectations!!!! Probably ~80,000 orders from the stores alone.
I really can't imagine how many people will be reserving tonight (We are!)... but I think we are really at a turning point...
This will be the day that changed Tesla forever.

The demand at stores I think beat everyones expectations!!!! Probably ~80,000 orders from the stores alone.
I really can't imagine how many people will be reserving tonight (We are!)... but I think we are really at a turning point...

Now that is a limb. Go large or go home.

For those who decided to not wait in line today ...
Just a reminder that you don't have to wait till 8:30 PST, on-line reservations start at 7:30 PST

View attachment 169753

upload_2016-3-31_18-34-32-png.169753

Reactions: Red Sage
"Of the roughly 100 people in line at Dadeland when they opened this morning Iwas the only one who appeared to be a Tesla owner. Several people were asking others and nobody admitted to being a current Tesla owner."

No real need for a current owner to stand in line, particularly back east. Purchases of the 3 by current owners mean that they get their cars in the California production wave. They could apply tomorrow online and jump to the front of the Florida queue.

I'm a bit stunned at the turn out. I'm also so excited. By my estimates we got over 400 at each Toronto location as well as 300 or more in Montreal. So it just 2 cities in Canada we hit 1000 reservations. My estimate is that before the show tonight they'll hit 25,000 reservations across the Globe.

I was at the Toronto Yorkdale location around 8pm to make a reservation and there was still a bit of a wait. The sales guy estimated 2000 reservations over the course of the day. That's a lot of cars!

I think the main piece of contention here is the enthusiast-fueled speculation as to the degree of "insane pent-up demand". I simply see no evidence to suggest that there are 100k people out there at this moment with the means and motivation to give Tesla $1,000 each in the span of 24 hours, for the chance to buy a car in two years' time.

Whatever the number is, I'll be one of them - but I'll eat my foot if I'm keeping company with 100,000 of my closest friends in the first 24 hours.

So how's it taste?

Well, you should've stayed with your original prediction. ;)